Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]
OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking

Loc: Wild west
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Citizen13]
    #16282115 - 05/25/12 04:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen13 said:
yes sir. both of my baby mommas smoked weed while pregnant for the nausea. granted, not alot, but when it was bad, they toked a couple hits.

if you read up on the few REAL studies done with pregnant mothers and the effects of marijuana on the unborn fetus, you will find that the effects are less harmful then any of the medication they will prescribe you at the doctors, and in fact can be benificial in some ways if you are high risk due to your weight and body type.

and yes, i'm sure a bunch of you will bitch and moan and cite unsourced information that you pulled out your ass, but you wouldnt be the first and won't be the last.

marijuana is a gift for pregnant women.

that is all.

:bonghit:

Medical issues aside, doing drugs is a personal choice. A mom smoking or do anything else, robs the unborn child of that choice and forces it to do drugs. In my opinion, it is wrong to force someone else into taking drugs without their knowledge or consent,  there fore I think doing drugs when you are pregnant is selfish and wrong. Have someone respect for someone else, and quit thinking about just yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16282683 - 05/25/12 09:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
It is a good question, one that has not been settled by science.

so rather than take the 100% safe route and just not smoke, you're up for taking the risk?

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

OfflineToltecatl
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Tardis
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: millzy]
    #16282819 - 05/25/12 10:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have a very close friend whose wife smoked and vaped throughout her pregnancy for nasuea/pain relief. Their kid turned 3 in January and is exceptionally bright and healthy. The mother quit smoking cigarettes the day she found out she was pregnant and did not touch alcohol until she was done breast feeding. This kid is most definitely smarter than the other 7 kids I know of her age. She has wonderful parents who care for her very much and she seems to be the most well adjusted and brightest out of all my friends kids. Though this is the only case I have first hand experience with,  I believe I can say after 3 years that her mothers occasional use of cannabis rather than Tylenol or other OTCs for pregnancy discomfort had zero negative effects on the child.

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Toltecatl]
    #16282831 - 05/25/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:loldongs:

I wouldn't let her people like you own or control her 24/7 , Shes gonna do what shes gonna do thats why you dont just stick your dick into anyone any more , Damn you DNA testing .

And some of the stuff they give for nausea or depression is far far worse then any effect weed would have......

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Offlinedopestone
tryptavision
 User Gallery

Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Toltecatl]
    #16282836 - 05/25/12 10:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Toltecatl said:
I have a very close friend whose wife smoked and vaped throughout her pregnancy for nasuea/pain relief. Their kid turned 3 in January and is exceptionally bright and healthy. The mother quit smoking cigarettes the day she found out she was pregnant and did not touch alcohol until she was done breast feeding. This kid is most definitely smarter than the other 7 kids I know of her age. She has wonderful parents who care for her very much and she seems to be the most well adjusted and brightest out of all my friends kids. Though this is the only case I have first hand experience with,  I believe I can say after 3 years that her mothers occasional use of cannabis rather than Tylenol or other OTCs for pregnancy discomfort had zero negative effects on the child.

my wife's morning sickness was so bad that i don't think we would have our daughter today if she didn't smoke marijuana.

it really depends on the person. she didn't touch one cigarette or drink but smoked regularly to help her with her appetite and her debilitating morning sickness.

no man should be able to say that his wife or gf needs to endure pain and suffering and possibly a miscarriage because they think marijuana is harmful, when really it's a magical herb for pregnant women.

and before anyone flames me, my wife has grave's disease and has extremely difficult pregnancies.

--------------------
in general, i'm not sure if i'm indecisive or not.

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #16282983 - 05/25/12 11:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Istigkeit said:
I wonder if pregnant women back in the good old days before we became such a dominating force did weed when they were pregnant.

Almost certainly. It has been used medicinally, ritualistically and recreationally throughout most of human history so it is extremely likely that women all throughout history have smoked cannabis while pregnant with little to no ill effect.

Quote:

monkeyheaven said:
I don't know any parents or spouses who are as opinionated as single people without kids.

I think, for most people, there's something humbling about becoming a parent.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #16284137 - 05/25/12 04:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

millzy said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
It is a good question, one that has not been settled by science.

so rather than take the 100% safe route and just not smoke, you're up for taking the risk?

If it was my kid, I would leave the decision up to the mother.

I think there are much larger factors which determine how a kid turns out, and that weed during pregnancy isn't a big deal.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16284162 - 05/25/12 04:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Weed during pregnancy is generally understood to be essentially harmless.

I've even read a hypothesis that it can actually be good for the fetus. I won't defend it, I'd also point out you can't prove it wrong.

I'm not sure what my actual stance on this issue IRL would be. On one hand I'm pretty sure it's gravy, on the other it's your kid.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16284175 - 05/25/12 04:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

When my aunty was pregnant with her child she asked this question the doctor said it was perfectly safe for her to smoke marijuana. So yea I wouldnt give a damn, or worry about it at all, no matter how much she smoked.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16284206 - 05/25/12 04:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
When my aunty was pregnant with her child she asked this question the doctor said it was perfectly safe for her to smoke marijuana. So yea I wouldnt give a damn, or worry about it at all, no matter how much she smoked.

Well I wouldn't call it perfectly safe.  Its safe enough physiologically, but don't they take your kid away if the mother tests positive for drugs?

I think they test mothers for drugs regularly at the hospital, so cannabis would only be for home birth mothers.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

#16284214 - 05/25/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not where I live.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16284238 - 05/25/12 04:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard that smoking minor amounts of weed during a pregnancy can actually be good for a baby. Something about relieving stress of the mother and increasing blood flow to the uterus. But I can't find the study that my friend was referring to.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineKatzenjammer
Lurker
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #16284631 - 05/25/12 06:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Absolutely not. The tendency of burning any organic materials to create countless different hydrocarbon chains is an unacceptable risk to something as small and delicate as a human embryo.
Wouldn't go the brownie/vape route either, weed just causes too much of a chemistry change in the human body to be 100% safe, let alone beneficial, for a developing child.  A handful of pro-MJ studies aren't enough to convince me that it's without risk.

--------------------

Offlinecandyflip420
Original Gangster
Male

Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Katzenjammer]
    #16284652 - 05/25/12 06:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No I would slap some sense into her if she even considered it .

--------------------

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: dopestone]
    #16284654 - 05/25/12 06:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dopestone said:
no man should be able to say that his wife or gf needs to endure pain and suffering and possibly a miscarriage because they think marijuana is harmful, when really it's a magical herb for pregnant women.

i don't think anyone wants their spouse to suffer in any way, ever, much less during pregnancy. as far as i know though, marijuana's effects on unborn babies, from at least my impression, have not been extensively studied. even if something isn't harmful to the mother it may be harmful to the baby. if i was in this situation i wouldn't do anything outside of what our doctor prescribed.

personally, and this isn't directed at anyone, i think in most cases the desire to keep using marijuana during pregnancy is because it's a well established habit more than anything. people don't wanna grow up and stop getting high and continue to do so at the risk of their own unborn children.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #16292613 - 05/27/12 04:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not too worried about the consumption of weed, more the inhalation of toxins and chemicals from burning organic matter, which does get absorbed into the bloodstream and does to go the fetus. 

This is more aimed at any mother who SMOKES marijuana and doesn't bother to look for alternative methods of consumption:
I don't care if you've got morning sickness 4 times a night and have to vomit, it's not an excuse to put the health of the unborn child in your stomach at risk (especially if you want the child).  You've got plenty of other options for consumption including vaporization and eating.  We still don't have any clue what marijuana will do to the unborn fetus either, so that's your risk, and if your kid ends up with complications I believe you have to take full responsibility and put forth all financial and emotional efforts to help if complications do arise.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Maverick]
    #16292628 - 05/27/12 04:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

VAPORIZE SHOULD BE A POLL OPTION

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

Re: If your GF/Wife got pregnant, would you let her smoke weed? [Re: Katzenjammer]
    #16292900 - 05/27/12 10:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Katzenjammer said:
Absolutely not. The tendency of burning any organic materials to create countless different hydrocarbon chains is an unacceptable risk to something as small and delicate as a human embryo.
Wouldn't go the brownie/vape route either, weed just causes too much of a chemistry change in the human body to be 100% safe, let alone beneficial, for a developing child.  A handful of pro-MJ studies aren't enough to convince me that it's without risk.

So you, having no idea how the body functions or what metabolic changes marijuana causes say with unshakeable certainty that it cant be good, and actually go so far as to claim studies done on this matter make unsubstantiated claims. Wonderful.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals