Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell.
    #11709610 - 12/23/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

outfielder Milton Bradley took out a full-page advertisement in Tuesday's edition of the Chicago Tribune to express his ingratitude for how he was treated during his lone season with the Chicago Cubs

http://www.tauntr.com/content/bradley-takes-out-full-page-ad-telling-cubs-fans-rot-hell

--------------------

:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: blissedout]
    #11709787 - 12/24/09 12:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:highfive:

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11711216 - 12/24/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This wasn't in my Chicago Tribune.

I don't think is true.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11711348 - 12/24/09 11:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have a feeling you might be right.

--------------------

OfflineDank_Trichome
Male User Gallery

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11715521 - 12/25/09 03:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like tauntr is a collegehumor/Onion type of website dedicated to sports.

This is definitely fake, but,

:ilold: anyway

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: Dank_Trichome]
    #11715628 - 12/25/09 04:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11718129 - 12/25/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i thought it was a fake as soon as i noticed he placed a picture of himself in his letter, :lol:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11718347 - 12/25/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Any other player in the game I would have dismissed it immediately. Anyway, even though Bradley is a raging asshole, the Cubs made one of the worst trades ever. MB should rebound and be a pretty average outfielder, but Carlos Silva is absolutely terrible. He's not worth anything. The Cubs, LOL!

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: robbyberto]
    #11720389 - 12/26/09 07:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You obviously don't understand the situation.

He had to go.

The Cubs would have cut him if they didn't trade him.

Carlos Silva is absolutely irrelevant to the Cubs.  He won't pitch an inning for us.  The only thing it does is save the Cubs 8 or 9 million bucks.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11720450 - 12/26/09 08:32 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

whatever you say, racist fan. :razz:

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#11720608 - 12/26/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It makes the team worse. If the goal of having a baseball team is to win the world series, then trading Bradley for Carlos Silva or whoever they could have gotten for him was a bad idea. Club house chemistry be damned, the Cubs lost about 2 wins with this move, which could be huge. Isn't 100 years of ineptitude enough?

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Edited by robbyberto (12/26/09 09:36 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: robbyberto]
    #11720766 - 12/26/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:
the Cubs lost about 2 wins with this move, which could be huge.

You don't know that and neither does anyone else.
Quote:

Isn't 100 years of ineptitude enough?

No.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11720902 - 12/26/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's a reasonable estimate. It could be four wins, could be none. The safest bet for the winningest team would be leaving Bradley out there.

--------------------

Edited by robbyberto (12/26/09 12:17 PM)

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Re: Milton Bradley takes out one page ad telling cubs fans to rot in hell. [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11720936 - 12/26/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GTFO said:
whatever you say, racist fan. :razz:

--------------------
<

<

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11721484 - 12/26/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The safest bet is not paying him at all.  Let him go to Japan.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#11721587 - 12/26/09 02:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Except Bradley will undoubtedly be a better player next year than whoever they put out there in his place.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11721618 - 12/26/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know why you think he's so good.  He misses tons of games and isn't all that even when he does play.  He had one nice run.  That's it.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#11721957 - 12/26/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

He isn't great, but he's definitely an above average outfielder. The effect that 'chemistry' has on a team is probably massively overstated.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11722271 - 12/26/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with you about the chemistry thing but I also think that MB is such a train wreck he cannot be relied on to ever perform. 

And he hasn't ever been all that good except in very short bursts.  Maybe a decent two months at a time.  That's it.  Then he goes in a funk or gets benched or suspended or something.

As a team owner I wouldn't invest any money in him and I wouldn't be willing to put up with his shit.  Who needs it?

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#11725026 - 12/27/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

When the Cubs GM announced that Milton was suspended, the entire club-house erupted in cheers.

Milton said he was hoping games only went 9 innings so he could get out of the park.

He accused his 6-year old son's school administration of calling his kid a nigger and other ridiculous nonsense.

He had to go.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]