Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKllrRob
Shroomerite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down South
JARS!
    #11721178 - 12/26/09 02:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok everyone heres what happened.......  After destroying my first four jars - tried to inoculate while still hot and murdering my spores - i attempted another time.  This time i pc'd for an hour and a half then let cool over night.  Then i inoculated the jars with about a half cc of some cambodian goodness each.  Then the wierd thing, i had ran out of spore solution but had still one jar left and i notice a couple of purply looking things in the little corner of the syringe where it angles down to the needle(know what i mean?).  So i throw caution to the wind, put some brita filtered water in the syringe, shake it up, and inject that sucker into the last jar.  I didn't want to incubate the jars together because i didn't want some kind of contamination to spread to the others so i put it in a plastic baggie and left it in the air condioning unit's closet in my apartment and placed the others in a little double tote floating incubater.  After a couple of weeks i checked on them and the one that i put in a baggie in the closet has a good amount of growth, maybe like 25-40% colonized, but the others are being much slower, and are about 5% lol.  There is still signs of growth but the mycelium looks the same as the closet jar and it worries me that it might be contamination.  Take a look at these pictures and tell me what u guys think.  The one with more myc is the one in the closet, and the other picture is my best jar of the ones in the icubator.  O yea, one of the jars in the incubator shows no signs of growth, which i dont know what that means.[image]

--------------------
:cool::cool::cool::cool:KllrRob:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX Flag
Re: JARS! [Re: KllrRob]
    #11721211 - 12/26/09 02:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like the closet temp's are more ideal for incubation. Either that or when you innocu'd the last jar you got quite a sizable amount of spores that germinated faster. I would believe either one.

Good job on that last jar too, quick thinking on the Brita water and keeping separate incubation's due to different controls shows you have a mycologist mind. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

OfflineKllrRob
Shroomerite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down South
Re: JARS! [Re: XiC_clone]
    #11721284 - 12/26/09 03:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

thanks dude, i appreciate it.  Everyone on this site is so helpful and reply very quickly. Im looking forward to a good harvest now :grin:

--------------------
:cool::cool::cool::cool:KllrRob:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation