Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
confused over first trip!!
    #1171099 - 12/26/02 07:52 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ok I tried shrooms for the first time a couple of days ago, and theres a few things that have left me a little puzzled.

I had researched shrooms for many months so I knew exactly what to expect and felt confident although slightly anxious before doing them. The hardest part was finding the fucking things, there is absolutely noone that sells them, luckily i found a shop in town that sells them, they are sold as "smell pillows" (sposed to make you sleep better). Anyway it was a 2.5 g bag (20euros) and I spose i ate rougly half of that bag, I gave me a nice buzz and colours were definately enhanced, but even after such preparation the upcome was really nerve racking. I didnt like it at all, Im not sure what I was scared of really, but I spose it was the shock of the first hallucination that worried me. I never got to the get any halluciantions, but stuff on the tv seemed really weird especially computer enhanced stuff which I couldnt be sure if it was really happening or I was just seeing it this way. Is there a surefire way to get rid of this anxiety, ok the atmosphere wsnt great and next time will be improved, and there was a dog that was insane which pissed me off ( he went to calm in the end), he actually made me pretty edgy and i was tempted to lob him off the balcony, anyway do you think having a couple of beers might take the edge off it? Im not really a pot smoker so thats not really an option. I tried playing with some stuff to take my mind off it, but I couldnt keep my mind on anything for very long, as soon as did something I'd want to do something else, even my guitar which normally hold my attention for hours could only hold me for a minute and then I would want to do something else. Even the tv pissed me off, I just kept channel flicking, has anyone else had this problem? Ive never read of it in any other trip reports so maybe it was just because of the anxiety.

After my anxiety wore off (about 1 hour or so) I was completely different, I felt very adult almost parental, it made me feel a little more adventurous and so over the course of the next hour and half I munched my way through about .75g, the trip didnt get any stronger and Im assuming that I should have eaten those stems all in one go to get one big hit. Does eating shrooms over time not work well?

Although I dont enjoy smoking, I smoked the rest of them along with some bud, cos its sposed to enhance it but it didnt do anything to me or my friend who also did the shrooms with me. A guy we were with smoked just the mush and tobaco and could definately dell something, but for us it didnt nothing which I found a little strange.

The shrooms were Mexicana. I dont know much about this strain, but this batch didnt seem very potent. Im going to try them again but this time eat all 2.5g all at once, and hopefully get more affect than last time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: confused over first trip!! [Re: bubkuss]
    #1171119 - 12/26/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

EDIT ADDED BELOW

ok you've asked a wide range of stuff, let me figure out how to organize this....

ok here we go hehe:

"Anyway it was a 2.5 g bag (20euros) and I spose i ate rougly half of that bag, I gave me a nice buzz and colours were definately enhanced, but even after such preparation the upcome was really nerve racking."

Doesn't sound like you closed your eyes - give that a shot next time - lay back and close your eyes for a while.

"Is there a surefire way to get rid of this anxiety, ok the atmosphere wsnt great and next time will be improved, and there was a dog that was insane which pissed me off ( he went to calm in the end), he actually made me pretty edgy and i was tempted to lob him off the balcony, anyway do you think having a couple of beers might take the edge off it? Im not really a pot smoker so thats not really an option. I tried playing with some stuff to take my mind off it, but I couldnt keep my mind on anything for very long, as soon as did something I'd want to do something else, even my guitar which normally hold my attention for hours could only hold me for a minute and then I would want to do something else. Even the tv pissed me off, I just kept channel flicking, has anyone else had this problem? Ive never read of it in any other trip reports so maybe it was just because of the anxiety."

Having a couple beers would help you out a bit, but will detract from your trip as well - I've found that the synergy between alcohol and mushrooms is generally less calm and less intense..... so you won't trip as hard, but you won't freak out as much either as a result.

And to address your restlessness..... it sounds like you've realized that there's nothing worth doing while on mushrooms, which is great!! You are still afraid, however, of fully letting go and letting the mushroom do its thing - next time you may want to try (as suggested above) simply laying back somewhere comfortable (with the dog outside or in another room?), closing your eyes, and simply observing the effects of the holy mushroom. In my opinion, the psychedelic experience isn't about physical action and movements - its purely mental, and doing physical activities and restless things like grabbing the guitar and then moving to something else, then moving to something else, should point out to you that "hey there's no point in distracting myself from myself..... time to just trip." (EDIT #1 - ADDITION:) now that's not to say that physical movements are unacceptable - hehe on most of my trips I end up wiggling my toes around without even really noticing until later - things like that aren't nearly as distracting as picking up a guitar or playing video games or something like that - I guess my main point is to lay down and relax.. but this just isn't some people's style, I understand, so maybe you don't like letting the mushroom do whatever it pleases :wink: (END EDIT)

"After my anxiety wore off (about 1 hour or so) I was completely different, I felt very adult almost parental, it made me feel a little more adventurous and so over the course of the next hour and half I munched my way through about .75g, the trip didnt get any stronger and Im assuming that I should have eaten those stems all in one go to get one big hit. Does eating shrooms over time not work well?"

Correct. You'll want to always take the whole dose at once - eating more later will DEFINITELY not work NEARLY as well..... its best to take it all in one dose at one time.

"Although I dont enjoy smoking, I smoked the rest of them along with some bud, cos its sposed to enhance it but it didnt do anything to me or my friend who also did the shrooms with me. A guy we were with smoked just the mush and tobaco and could definately dell something, but for us it didnt nothing which I found a little strange."

DO NOT SMOKE MUSHROOMS. YOUR FRIEND WAS FULL OF SHIT. Smoking mushrooms doesn't do anything but destroy the magic. Smoking mushrooms will not work - it won't do shit for you - that guy was lying.

"The shrooms were Mexicana. I dont know much about this strain, but this batch didnt seem very potent. Im going to try them again but this time eat all 2.5g all at once, and hopefully get more affect than last time"

Yes try not to be so restless - make sure you're tripping with STRICTLY people you truely love and are 100% comfortable with. If you have strange or uncomfortable or restless feelings, simply let them come, and accept them, and they will much more quickly be replaced than if you start tripping out on them and getting all anxious - stay relaxed and don't dwell on any of the thoughts until after the trip.

BUT OF COURSE, all of this is simply MY experience and MY opinion.... so don't take my word for it..

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
Shroomer

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/26/02 08:14 AM)

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1171124 - 12/26/02 08:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

1/2 of 2.5g is 1.25g, which most people would say is too little.

on the come-up, i often feel not-so-good and have found myself worrying that the come-up is the trip and i don't like it... but i have learned that the come-up is not the trip, to be patient as the actual trip comes on and things are (hopefully) less bummer and more fun.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: confused over first trip!! [Re: Bilge]
    #1171129 - 12/26/02 08:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

he already said he's going to do the whole 2.5 next time..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
Re: confused over first trip!! [Re: Strumpling]
    #1171155 - 12/26/02 08:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think the main 2 problems I had were, I was afraid to let go, in the end i managed to but not to the extent I would have liked. And secondly I was looking for things rather than letting them look for me for example I kept looking at the neck of my guitar to see if the woodgrain was crawling.

Another 2 things which I noticed were that my blanket was way more comfy than normal, and that music sound kinda weird, the bass seem to fade out and then come in really strongly.

I would prefer to do it with some different people next time, especially my girlfriend. i really wanted to cuddle up to her cos i new i would be able to let go, I also felt that there were to many masculine vibes there, I really wanted some girls to be there to "balance" it out. my friend how i was with also seemed really different on shrooms, he seemed almost sinister at times, not really badly but there were feelings I didnt not enjoy while i was around him.

cheers STRUMPLING for the advice, I will be doing it again in a few weeks and I will take into account your advice.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1171273 - 12/26/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Don't be suprised by people giving off different vibes on shrooms.....

they were giving off different vibes, just as you were - it happens :smile: Just accept it all - thats the best advice i can give you - think of it like this if you start getting uncomfortable "well I might as well stop worrying because nothing bad is happening in the external world, and this effect isn't going to go away for a few hours so I'll just lay back and observe this strange new world the mushroom is creating in my mind - when i come down I'm going to want to trip again anyway, so I should squeeze as much out of this trip as I can"

No problem, man - be sure to come back and let us know how your next trip goes - don't be afraid to smile... you know it feels good :wink:

oh yeah close those eyes for a while next time too - its NEATO

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
the best trip toy is the back of your eyelids, in my opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1171280 - 12/26/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms and other hallucinogens tend to bring out psychological problems that people otherwise never knew they had. It happened to me on my first mushroom trip, and I was scared that every trip was going to be like that, but they weren't. What you want to do is first make sure you're not in an anxious mood when you plan on tripping. Also, if you smoke marijuana, smoke some before you take the mushrooms and even after you peak, as it tends to help with the anxiety. Lastly, just go with the flow. Try to forget about what you have to do in the real world, since you are trying to get away stressors like that.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: confused over first trip!! [Re: TinMan]
    #1171285 - 12/26/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

lol nobody's reading his whole post.. he doesn't like smoking

--------------------

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
Re: confused over first trip!! [Re: Strumpling]
    #1173021 - 12/27/02 04:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I tried closing my eyes to see if there were any CEVs, but there were none, just loads of irrational thoughts. Again I wasnt sure what I wanted I closed my eyes and after I while I just wanted to open them again, but i certainly felt safer and calmer with my eyes closed.

Offlineajg2425
farmer

#1173137 - 12/27/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

they probably werent even psilocybin mush!!! u said they were supposed to make u sleep better? dosnt sound like a trip to me.

--------------------
http://www.erowid.org

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
Re: confused over first trip!! [Re: ajg2425]
    #1174640 - 12/28/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yer thats just so they can sell it legally. trust me they are psilocybin, my friends had some last night and tripped balls, 1 guy freaked out so he went home and hid under his bed. :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies