Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOverUnity33
Stranger

Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) * 10
    #11710275 - 12/24/09 03:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The Shroomery always helped me out during the learning process so I thought I would give back, for the holidays and all.  This is a super simple route to a lot of doses of psilocybin/psilocin. 

The advantage of this method is the simplicity.  No large tubs, humidifiers, lighting, pasteurization, casing, misting or fanning.  Anyone that has grown fruitbodies in bulk will tell you that making jars is the easiest part.  By the time you are growing 100's of doses of fruit-bodies, you will have accumulated a semi-permanent mushroom "lab" in your house.  I like that fact that its so portable, you could have enough jars in the trunk of your car for 500 doses.

This method takes about 3 months and the yield is about 65g per jar on average.  This is between 3 and 5 trips per jar.
3 months seems like a long time but comparatively its not so bad, if you were to do a bulk grow by the book the time-line would look like this:

Grain jars colonizing(3 weeks)->Bulk substrate colonizing(1 week)->Pinning to start(1 week)->First flush, harvest(1 week)->Second flush, harvest(1 week)->Third flush, harvest (1 week)=2 months

You could harvest the truffles at 2 months no problem, I just wait an extra one for a higher yield.

Supplies:

Psilocybe galindoi spore syringe (Psilocybe galindoi is the tits - Psilocybe mexicana or Psilocybe tampanensis work too)
Small propane torch (lighter or alcohol lamp works)
Disposable rubber gloves
Isopropyl alcohol
Dry mix of 50% light malt+50% dextrose (brewing and healthfood stores accordingly)
Dry rye seed or rye berries with no additives (Feed store, kinda expensive at the hardware store)
5 gallon bucket with matching lid (orange bucket in picture has a great lid)
2ftx2ft piece of fiberglass window screen
12 pack boxes of wide mouth quart jars with rings and lids. (Grocery store)
12-60cc syringe with a 18 gauge or thicker needle. (old spore syringe, ink refill needle on ebay)
TyVek sheets (large free Priority/Express mailing envelopes, thanks for everything USPS :wink:)
Silicon (clear preferable, white works)
Old school Presto 12q canner - (most bang for you buck, holds 7 quart jars perfectly, don't get anything fancier or higher capacity, you pay exponentially more per quart jar capacity after around 12quarts. Ebay and consider ordering a replacement seal just to be safe)

Preparing liquid culture:

1) Make a dry mix of 50% light malt+50% dextrose. (brewing and healthfood stores accordingly)
2) Make a 3% mixture of this mixture and water. 3g malt/dex to 100g(ml) water, boil and filter through coffee filter.
3) Fill each wide mouthed quart jar with 200-400ml of this mixture.
4) Poke a wood nail sized hole on the edge of the jar lid.
5) Cut a square of Tyvek to fit generously over the entire jar lid.
6) Place Lid, TyVek then carefully screw on ring.
7) Put a blob of silicon on the Tyvek, over the hole in the jar lid, this will be the self-sealing needle port as well as a filtered air hole.  Don't turn the ring after this step or you will misalign the hole and the silicon.
8) Cover in foil and pressure cook for 15 minutes, start counting once you hit 15psi.

Inoculating liquid culture:

1) Put on gloves, remove foil and disinfect jar tops with an alcohol soaked paper towel.
2) Shake the spore syringe, remove needle cover, heat with propane torch for a second then fold an alcohol soaked paper towel over the needle. (You can inject with a little liquid culture from previous cultures to make more)
3) Working carefully plunge the needle into the silicon blobs and inject about 1cc of solution into the jar, pull needle out quickly covering it with an alcohol soaked paper towel.
4) Repeat this process for all the jars you have, flaming the needle after every 2nd or 3rd jar.
5) Wait a few weeks, swirling every few days, never allowing the nutrient solution to wet the Tyvek.
6) The mycelium will grow in the solution and should look like small cotton balls floating around. Watch out for contaminations at this point, signs will be heavy films ontop, colors other then white.

Solid looking liquid culture:

Preparing the grains:

1) For every quart jar you have, add half that volume in seed to the 5gallon bucket.
2) Cover this a few inches of water and stir it around.
3) Put the fiberglass screen on top of the bucket and seal the lid down on top of it. 
4) Turn the bucket over to drain the water.
5) Repeat steps 2-4 until the water runs fairly clear.
6) Cover the dry seed with about 5 inches of water, add a few pots of strong coffee (Increases productivity for these guys too!)
7) Let sit for 24-48 hours, turn the bucket over and let it drain until a it drips every few seconds or so.

Preparing the jars:

1) Using a plastic cup load the jars with the hydrated grain about 3/4 of the way up.
2) Clean the seed off the top and sides of the jar.
3) Prepare lids like above.
4) Pressure cook at 15psi for about 90 minutes (Set an egg timer and mark the water level with a scratch on the inside in case it runs dry or has way more water left over, just so you know next time)
5) Let the pressure cooker drop to 0psi, take the jars out while still hot with oven mitts and shake the hell out of them (this way the grains don't all stick together and mycelium grows faster)

Jars ready to go:

Inoculating the jars:

1) Using a sterilized, empty needle and proper needle technique from above, suck up liquid culture from a colonized jar. (Suck up boiling water then flame the tip to sterilize an old needle)
2) Inject the grain jars with 1-2cc's of this liquid culture, while flaming the needle every 2nd or 3rd jar.

Storing:

These jars don't need any specific environment to flourish.  78F is about the best temperature you can keep them.  Just keep it between 70F and 85F.  Also, if you have a lot of these things stored together they produce their own heat through their metabolism, especially if you have a few 12 packs in a cardboard box.  It doesn't matter if they are in the dark or not, a little bit of light is said to promote growth.  Keep them about 3 months before you harvest, 2 months will work but your yield will be much better with 3.  Leaving them much longer then 4 months will make them likely to mold.

Best 15 jars out of 45:

Harvesting:

This is the bitch of it.  Open the jars one by one and scrape out the grains with a spoon.  A good thing to dump them in is the cardboard boxes the jars came in.  Pick out the big truffles and separate them, then break apart the grains and smaller truffles by rubbing them in your hands.  Once you have a box of nice truffles and a shitload of grain with smaller pebble sized truffles its time to bust out the electric drill.  Put in a 1/2" or so bit and drill a ton of holes all over the bottom and lower sides of your 5 gallon bucket.  Place in a trash bag and pour your grains in the bucket.  Shake the absolute hell out of this and enjoy your workout.  The grains will fall through the holes leaving the small truffles behind in the bucket.

Streamlined separating process:

What now?:

Well my recommendation would be to take all these truffles while wet and put them through a solid, high powered juicer, the kind that can handle wheat-grass.  Mix the pulp back in with the juice and do an extraction.  Or you can just eat them/store them in the fridge as is.  You can dry these things but they get rock hard, and you have to rehydrate them before eating.  Just don't use heat to dry these bad boys, SWIM destroyed 3 kilos of these things once by being impatient and drying them in the attic in the deep southern summer heat.

Well, hope someone gets a kick out of this.  :peace:out -OverUnity33

--------------------
"The opposite of success is not failure, but mediocrity".
Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) <- real stealthy way to grow a lot of doses

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: OverUnity33]
    #11710285 - 12/24/09 03:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow...what a first post. I wonder who you really are. :thumbup:

Offlinedutc2006
Experimenter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: daytripper05]
    #11710302 - 12/24/09 03:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome contribution, thanks!  Looks like I will be getting a juicer soon.  You think one of them handpowered joints for wheatgrass will work?

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: dutc2006]
    #11710803 - 12/24/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Mind if I put your link in my FAQ (in my sig)?

P.S. My Gandoli LC is CRAHYZEE!

--------------------
semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

Sclerotia FAQ... If ya ain't got any stones, grow some.

Will work for Laetiporus sulphureus culture/spores (or any other Laetiporus actually), :pm: me.

My Trade list.

Ghetto Tek: Auto FAE & Light

Offlinedeantheking
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: fundamentalchair]
    #11711314 - 12/24/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

what grain do you use?

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: alized
Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: deantheking]
    #11711376 - 12/24/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The OP said:
"Dry rye seed or rye berries with no additives "

--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: OverUnity33]
    #11711408 - 12/24/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nice tek:thumbup:

I would like to suggest a few things:

If you expect to continue with this hobby, an All-American or vintage metal-seal PC is worth the expense/effort.

Grain LC, although slower to make, is more reliable with a far longer shelf life.

Soaking the grains with 50% coffee and adding gypsum definitely helps.

--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #11711432 - 12/24/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

myceleus_rex said:

If you expect to continue with this hobby, an All-American or vintage metal-seal PC is worth the expense/effort.

Grain LC, although slower to make, is more reliable with a far longer shelf life.

Soaking the grains with 50% coffee and adding gypsum definitely helps.

like straight coffee that we drink? decaff or regular? How long is grain lc good for in the fridge? Do you add anything special to your lc?

Edited by blackdust (12/24/09 11:35 AM)

OfflineNoobey
Noob tube
 User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #11711463 - 12/24/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome tek man!:thumbup:

"Once you have a box of nice truffles and a shitload of grain with smaller pebble sized truffles its time to bust out the electric drill."

I dont know why but when i read that i couldent stop laughing!!!

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: blackdust]
    #11711492 - 12/24/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blackdust said:
like straight coffee that we drink? decaff or regular? How long is grain lc good for in the fridge? Do you add anything special to your lc?

Black coffee, regular or decaff is fine. Search for Agar's grain LC.
I'll add that I also like the harvesting idea. Plus, check the links in my sig.

--------------------

World's Ugliest Cat?

OfflineOverUnity33
Stranger

#11714979 - 12/25/09 12:31 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:
Awesome contribution, thanks!  Looks like I will be getting a juicer soon.  You think one of them handpowered joints for wheatgrass will work?

Thanks for the props, I was thinking of one of those mean electric 1/3HP champion juicers.  Kinda expensive but good luck cranking one of those manual things for a big harvest.

Quote:

fundamentalchair said:
Mind if I put your link in my FAQ (in my sig)?

Please do, I put this wisdom out there to be spread around.

Quote:

deantheking said:
what grain do you use?

I personally use rye grass seed because its easier for me to get.  Rye berries are supposedly better for yield but my yields are just fine.  :cool:

Quote:

myceleus_rex said:

Thanks man, why do you think those bigger PCs are better?  The big yellow presto one I use can hold 7 quart jars or 2 big bags no problem.  It was something like 40$ on ebay.  Until you get to the size where you can double stack 2 layers of 7 quart jars I don't think its worth it.  Who really wants 7 quart jars plus 3 sideways for how much those All-Americans cost?

Yea, grain LC's really do seem like the way to do it.  The mycelium recovers faster from a grain LC then a sugar one and you can tell if its contamed before you knock up a ton of jars with black mold culture  :shakefist:. if the grain ones really store longer then the sugar ones I could see sugar LC's being a thing of the past.

--------------------
Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) <- real stealthy way to grow a lot of doses

Edited by OverUnity33 (12/28/09 02:31 AM)

OfflineOverUnity33
Stranger

#11729736 - 12/28/09 02:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

blackdust said:
like straight coffee that we drink? decaff or regular?

I always thought the caffeine helped so I would use black coffee as opposed to decaf.

--------------------

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#11729752 - 12/28/09 02:40 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

coffee is added because of it's nitrogen content, i don't believe caffeine has any real effect...

OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: Optx]
    #11729837 - 12/28/09 03:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Optx said:
coffee is added because of it's nitrogen content, i don't believe caffeine has any real effect...

correct not sure if there is other nutts in coffee that shroom like but its highly possible too but caffeine does not affect grow in anyway.

--------------------

OfflineOverUnity33
Stranger

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: Thyrax]
    #11731616 - 12/28/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I looked at some commercial mushroom literature (where all the good stuff is) and you guys are totally right, its not the caffeine, its the nitrogen in coffee that's beneficial.  The caffiene has actually been shown to negatively effect growth at large doses, so maybe decaf is not a bad idea?

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #11731912 - 12/28/09 02:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

when using coffee for the grain soak (or RGS prep) it is most deff the caffeine that helps speed up the colonization process IMO, the nitrogen content is for when you use it as an additive/supplement in bulk substrates.:super:

rye grass seed out performed rye berries when I did a side by side atl grow with 6 qts of each. 

Im using bags for my next grow.  4 liters rgs and 2 liters h2o in a bag, PCd and inoculated with 5-6cc of atl grain lc:syringe:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11731926 - 12/28/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

where's your sources?

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: Optx]
    #11731953 - 12/28/09 02:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

its just my opinion not fact, this is what RR says bout that.:thumbup:

decaff didnt colonize as fast as caffeinated did when I used it with cubes but that was MS inoculation also so just my observations. :ohwell:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Bulk psilocybin/psilocin production via scelortia TEK (PICS) [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11731975 - 12/28/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

RR:
"Caffeine is not toxic to fungi.  I've used my liquid leftover coffee for years to hydrate my rye grains for every species I grow, and that's quite a few.  Use it at about 1/4 to at most 1/2 drinking strength.  Caffeinated or decaf work equally well, so it's not the caffeine that makes coffee work.  With liquid coffee, I suspect it's the low pH value that speeds up colonization, but coffee has hundreds, if not thousands of compounds, so perhaps it's the combination of all of them that makes it work.

Spent coffee grinds make a great bulk substrate additive for dung and straw loving mushrooms.
RR "

Sounds like he's saying it's not caffeine, or nitrogen, but acidity thats the main factor at work.

--------------------

World's Ugliest Cat?

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

#11731987 - 12/28/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's why I was thinking rebrewed coffee grounds aren't such a good idea. Most acids are highly water soluble and would be dissipated on the first brew.

--------------------

World's Ugliest Cat?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates