Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
is my rye dry?
    #1170871 - 12/26/02 07:18 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

After numerous failed attempts at fractional sterilization, I finally stopped being a cheap fucker and bought a pressure cooker.  :grin:

I inoculated a 1/2 pint jar of sterilized rye with 1cc of spore solution and 6 days later have no bacterial contamination, which is a big improvement, but I also have very little colonization. Only a few rye berries at the bottom of the jar are growing the white fuzz.

Does this sound as though the rye is too dry? And if it is too dry will it still colonize eventually? I will post a pic as soon as the battery for my cam recharges.   

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Edited by dog (12/26/02 07:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: is my rye dry? [Re: dog]
    #1171046 - 12/26/02 09:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm no expert (yet) but I have some grain that looks a bit dry. It took three weeks to BEGIN to grow. It is now growing well and strong, but not fast. No contams after 5 weeks. I think the dryer substrait goes slower but is less likely to contam. Wait till the berrys have good strong growth on them and then give it a good shake to mix up the mycelium. I'll post a pic later if you want, but I know you know what's up.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Re: is my rye dry? [Re: ]
    #1171063 - 12/26/02 09:20 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That's good to hear. I've probably slowed colonization even further by looking at the jar so much and moving around the rye berries.  This is the most fun I've had with a grow since I first started this hobby.  :grin:

Here are a couple of pics of the jar. Looks dry to me but this is my first go round with rye.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Anonymous

Re: is my rye dry? [Re: dog]
    #1171083 - 12/26/02 09:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Here is some EQ after 6 weeks. Nice rizo growth in most of the jars. This one is the lease covered (to get a shot of the grain WBS) I think if you have growth you will be just fine, and yours only took a week:)

Invisibledog
straw dog

Re: is my rye dry? [Re: ]
    #1171378 - 12/26/02 01:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Cool. Thanks for the reply.  :smile: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation