Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

Reluctanct to smoke DMT
    #11705211 - 12/23/09 12:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was recently offered to smoke some DMT, but I declined because 1)The roller coaster ride doesn't sound like my cup of tea, and 2)the idea of toking that stuff just turns me off.

I'm not worried about reason no. 1.  One day sooner or later, I'll be into it.

I want to know what you guys think about reason no. 2.

Personally, the idea of smoking something that tastes/smells like burning plastic is not my idea of a fun time.  That process of smoking the stuff is what gets me.  Also, I've got a low grade asthma condition that I don't really wish to aggravate.  So whenever I think of smoking I think of possible damage to the ol' lungs.

Any regular smokers of DMT have a similar reluctance that they overcame?

Is it a similar smoking method/experience as salvia?

--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #11705230 - 12/23/09 12:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well smoking DMT is a fuck lot better then drinking it..google Ayahuasca ..I made a big pot of it once..you violently vomit and it tastes like Earth and mud..just suck up and dont be a wuss "smoke it"

--------------------

Edited by SerialDiscrepancy (12/23/09 12:19 PM)

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: SerialDiscrepancy]
    #11705242 - 12/23/09 12:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, but I've read up a lot about Aya and the "purge", and I really wouldn't mind that.  Honestly.

Bringing a bunch of pollutants into my lungs is what gets me.

Is it really as bad tasting as my sources make it out to be?

--------------------

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

#11705253 - 12/23/09 12:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

youbreakyoubuy said:
Yeah, but I've read up a lot about Aya and the "purge", and I really wouldn't mind that.  Honestly.

Bringing a bunch of pollutants into my lungs is what gets me.

Is it really as bad tasting as my sources make it out to be?

im going to be very real with you..Ayahuasca is the worst stuff i ever tasted in my 24 years of life on this planet..and it tastes even worse coming up as it does going down..also did a mention VIOLENT FITS OF THROWING UP..now im not saying i would never do it again but smoking it or even shooting is the way to go

--------------------

Edited by SerialDiscrepancy (12/23/09 12:26 PM)

Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
    #11705260 - 12/23/09 12:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have had a strong dose sitting here for a few months ( i got it from a friend for free) but i still dont know if i want to try it. i didnt know it tasted that bad, can it possibly taste worse then pcp?

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11705267 - 12/23/09 12:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:  Thanks.

I dunno.  Aya doesn't bug me so much because I know that natives have been preparing the stuff for, what?, hundreds of years.

I'm just well aware of the thin line one treads when smoking any substance, and am dubious of it.

--------------------

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: bw86]
    #11705276 - 12/23/09 12:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bw86 said:
i have had a strong dose sitting here for a few months ( i got it from a friend for free) but i still dont know if i want to try it. i didnt know it tasted that bad, can it possibly taste worse then pcp?

dude its not DMT crystals that makes you throw up..its Ayahuasca which also has another drug in it called harmine you boil raw plants into a sludgy drink (thats what tastes like shit) (and makes you purge)

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11705288 - 12/23/09 12:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I thought it was the tannins that made you purge.  You can get the tannins out with an egg, I believe.

Edit: If aya contains harmine, why do we add Syrian rue?  Syrian rue doesn't make me purge, and it contains a good amount of harmine.

Edited by BothHands (12/23/09 12:35 PM)

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

#11705291 - 12/23/09 12:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

youbreakyoubuy said:

I dunno.  Aya doesn't bug me so much because I know that natives have been preparing the stuff for, what?, hundreds of years.

I'm just well aware of the thin line one treads when smoking any substance, and am dubious of it.

also smoking dmt is safer then Ayahuasca..why? do you say..because banisteriopsis caapi is a  MAO-Inhibitor and can be dangerous unless you take certain precautions..I suggest any one interested in DMT and or Ayahuasca to do a lot of research before trying it

--------------------

Edited by SerialDiscrepancy (12/23/09 12:38 PM)

Offlinevegantoker
I like carrots.
Male

Loc: HyperSpace
    #11705301 - 12/23/09 12:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think DMT smoke is really that bad. If you smoke it out of a small bong with water and some weed or something in the bowl I doubt you'll find it unbearable.

Plus even if you hate the smoke you wont taste it for long :deemsters::slomo:.    :super:

--------------------
"Be happy for no reason. It is your childlike joy that will lead you home. Do you remember?"

Dennis McKenna is writing a new book, consider donating to help make it happen:
the-brotherhood-of-the-screaming-abyss

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#11705324 - 12/23/09 12:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SerialDiscrepancy said:
Quote:

youbreakyoubuy said:

also smoking dmt is safer then Ayahuasca..why? do you say..because banisteriopsis caapi is a  MAO-Inhibitor and can be dangerous unless you take certain precautions..I suggest any one interested in DMT and or Ayahuasca to do a lot of research before doing it

banisteriopsis caapi is just one plants used to make Aya, and it's not an MAOI.  But it does contain harmine which is a MAOI.  Personally, I used Mimosa Hostilis + syrian rue.  I believe the only reason I puked was because I didn't remove the the tanins propperly.

InvisibleLobsterSauce
 User Gallery

#11705344 - 12/23/09 12:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I know someone who does lines of it,about 100mg.

He said it's not as strong as smoking but it's still :awetrippie:

But he also said smoking is a must for a first time.

--------------------

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: BothHands]
    #11705351 - 12/23/09 12:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
Quote:

SerialDiscrepancy said:
Quote:

youbreakyoubuy said:

also smoking dmt is safer then Ayahuasca..why? do you say..because banisteriopsis caapi is a  MAO-Inhibitor and can be dangerous unless you take certain precautions..I suggest any one interested in DMT and or Ayahuasca to do a lot of research before doing it

banisteriopsis caapi is just one plants used to make Aya, and it's not an MAOI.  But it does contain harmine which is a MAOI.  Personally, I used Mimosa Hostilis + syrian rue.  I believe the only reason I puked was because I didn't remove the the tanins propperly.

dude you kinda of sound like your trying to be right about something when i basicaly said the same thing..heres an example..marijuana is a drug or you could say marijuana contains a drug..either way its fucking drugs

--------------------

Offlineklodeo
yoghurt weaver
Male

Loc: england
Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: vegantoker]
    #11705365 - 12/23/09 12:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i've only tried smoking it recently, and yes it does taste pretty horrible. and the taste lingers in your mouth for quite a while after. that said, i think the effects well outweigh the bad taste, can't say i'd actively recommend it just because im not sure how other people would react or whatever (especially if you've got asthma, doubt it can be great for your lungs). i did really really enjoy it though. more than that, i felt like it actually did me some serious good psychologically. in fact, id probably go as far as saying it was the best psychedelic experience of my life :smile: and it left me happy as larry for ages afterwards :psychsplit:

thats just my 2 cents though...

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#11705381 - 12/23/09 12:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SerialDiscrepancy said:
Quote:

BothHands said:
Quote:

SerialDiscrepancy said:
Quote:

youbreakyoubuy said:

banisteriopsis caapi is just one plants used to make Aya, and it's not an MAOI.  But it does contain harmine which is a MAOI.  Personally, I used Mimosa Hostilis + syrian rue.  I believe the only reason I puked was because I didn't remove the the tannins propperly.

dude you kinda of sound like your trying to be right about something when i basicaly said the same thing..heres an example..marijuana is a drug or you could say marijuana contains a drug..either way its fucking drugs

You said harmine makes you puke.  I said that it was the tannins that make you puke.  That's not the same thing. 

You were right when you said that harmine can be dangerous though, if taken with the wrong foods.  Easy fix though, don't eat before or during your experience.

If he has asthma, aya might be less dangerous for him.  It might not even make him puke, if he gets the tannins out properly.

Offlineegobraininsane8
Mystic Wanderer

Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: BothHands]
    #11705768 - 12/23/09 02:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I freebased DMT and it wasn't really as bad as i expected.  Its definatley something I have to start out slow to test the waters so i can be ready for a full on trip.  But the first time I did it i had a non-verbal communication with the trees.

OfflineTruth_Within
Not Knowing
 User Gallery

#11705769 - 12/23/09 02:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I've smoked DMT 50+ times and I don't find it to be that bad at all. At the most your probably only going to take 3 hits, which really is nothing compared to smoking a whole blunt to yours lungs.

Also, I don't know how this whole thing about it being horrible to smoke/taste came about. It tastes fine to me and it isn't very harsh. It actually has a slight sweet taste to it. But once you've smoked it, you'll never forget the smell of it. The taste doesn't linger, like salvia does sometimes.

Trust me, taking a few hits of DMT is well worth it. You won't regret it.

OfflineSerialDiscrepancy
Stranger

Re: Reluctanct to smoke DMT [Re: egobraininsane8]
    #11705791 - 12/23/09 02:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

egobraininsane8 said:
I freebased DMT and it wasn't really as bad as i expected.  Its definatley something I have to start out slow to test the waters so i can be ready for a full on trip.  But the first time I did it i had a non-verbal communication with the trees.

dude what planet are from I never said harmine makes you puke)..(go ahead re-read my posts (I said ayahuasca makes you puke)..you leave me dumbfounded

--------------------

Edited by SerialDiscrepancy (12/23/09 02:23 PM)

Offlineripdbagdarr
Stranger

#11705842 - 12/23/09 02:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

lol this thread here is why i love this place :wink: If i were you i would smoke it not that i have but i would love too :wink: be safe

OfflineFlowing
Monkey

#11705895 - 12/23/09 02:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Aya is soo much better for you than smoking DMT. What planet are you from? Aya causes la purga which is GOOD for you. It cleanses out your intestines and is alot easier on your organs than carbon fumes and burning hot vapors in your lungs. Inhaling any burning matter is 100x more harmful than drinking the medicine.

In terms of experience, yeah, Smoking it may be more pleasant and powerful but Aya allows you to fully absorb the experience and like I said, la purga is beneficial to you in many ways that you are neglecting.

--------------------
He believed that educated people
could make up their own minds.
His motto, as head of one of the first and
most important review panels, was great encouragement: "We're not here
to play God."

-DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Salvia, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience