Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
Psychedelic Use and Memory
    #11705030 - 12/23/09 11:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I remember reading a Timothy Leary quote that went something like: "Psychedelics are known to decrease short-term memory, increase long-term memory, and... uhhh, I forget the third."  I'm not 100% sure what he meant by that, I have two guesses.

1. When you are tripping, your short-term memory decreases and your long-term memory increases.  You might forget something that just happened, but you might remember a buried childhood memory, or, perhaps even "past lives."

2. Using psychedelics in general decreases short-term memory and increases long-term memory, even when sober months after a trip.

3. Using psychedelics temporarily decreases short-term memory but permanently increases long-term memory.

I've only tripped a dozen or so times, but I haven't really noticed too much of a difference on my memory.  I think psychedelics have made me become a healthier person -- exercising more, eating healthier, getting into yoga and meditation.  These choices, I think, helped improve both my short and long term memory slightly.  Also, I tend to remember everything that happened when I tripped very vividly, much more so than if I was doing something more mundane.  Not only that, but often times I can remember the weeks or month after a trip seemingly more well than usual.  By this, I would say that psychedelic use has had a slight positive effect on both my short and long term memory.

Since I'm relatively green in the spectrum of hallucinogens, I'm curious on observations other people have made on memory and tripping.  Also mention what other drugs you've used (MDMA, cannabis, alcohol, etc.) and if you believe they have any effect on memory.  It seems like using MDMA too frequently definitely fucks with memory.  I think cannabis effects short term memory when you're stoned, but a moderate use of the herb either has no effect on memory or perhaps even a slightly positive one.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience