Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Strains
    #1170133 - 12/25/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Guys I am thinking of trying to grow again but this time maybe I will use jars.
I may just buy some pre-sterilized jars but I want atleast some sucess this time!
What is the fastest colonizing strain you have tried,I am looking for some very fast,nothing slow!
So far I have tried mazatapec,allen strain,treasure coast all in myco bags and haven't got anything but sour rot mold shit growing,this hapened after I injected the treasure coast strain from spore woks into the myco bags,I was getting exsited at first because I saw shit growing withen 4 days but now it smell like rotten apples bad after about 10 days,it is almost to nasty to even smell!

So I want to start with a very very easy to grow strain,what is the fastest colonzing strain there is?
Anything that you can recomend,thanks guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Strains [Re: livingsublime]
    #1170134 - 12/25/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a sterilization problem.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1170176 - 12/25/02 04:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Me no like Myco-Bags. Bad. I'd suggest Ecuador for a first grow. Resilient little fella's.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Strains [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1170196 - 12/25/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks guys.
Well I have posted about the myco-bags before,I alreayd said everything was steril and I followed the instructions,with the mazatapec strain it did nothing after 30 days,so I got a replacment bag and treasure coast syringe,injected 2-3cc into it and saw growth at day 4,wich turns out to be sour rot.
Now I know it was the syringe because I have re-injected the first bag with mazatapec,wich did nothing,then allen strain,wich did nothing,then once the first bag got a little dried out and since I saw new growth in the new bag I thought it might be a good idea to re-inject into the old bag wich also got 2-3cc of the sam treasure coast syringe wich also now has sour rot just like the replacment bag.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1170212 - 12/25/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

where are you getting your syringes from?

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Strains [Re: daussaulit]
    #1170380 - 12/25/02 06:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I got the mazatapec and treasure coast from the dpore works when I bought the myco-bag the first time,the sent the treaure coast syringe along with a replacement bag but it contaim right after 4 days of injecting,and the bag that wasen't doing anything after 40 days got contaimed in 4 days with the same treasure coast syringe.
I don't know why I would have gotten a bad syringe,I mean how can they be steril,it is just water and spore isen't it?Also I had high hopes for the treasure coast strain syringe because it had realy nice clumps of dark spores in the syringe,I thought this might make it colonize faster.The funny thing is the mazatapec syringe diden't realy have any dark spores floating that I could see in the syringe and it didn't do anything after 30 days,maybe darker and bigger clumps of spores = more contaimes?
Probably not but it is just weird how you go from no growth after 30-40 days and then growth in both basg after 4 days and they turn out to be contaims!
Thanks

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1170539 - 12/25/02 09:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

matias romero are fast colonisers. at least mine were 100% ready in 12-14 days

OfflineFuman
Tao of Shrooms

Loc: Further
    #1170736 - 12/26/02 03:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I had the same problem with bags. I would try BRF again and sterilize your own jars. It is really easy and cheap. I have made 3 sets of 6 jars and never lost a jar. I am not a real stickler for sterility, just keep it clean and slow boil in a regular pan with lid for 60 min.
As for strains, I have Allen and Creeper colonizing now and moving fast.
Good Luck!

--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law.  There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Strains [Re: Fuman]
    #1170870 - 12/26/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info guys.
Well I guess if I can sterilize jars in a pot with a lid then maybe I will,I just always hear about PC and stuff and I don't have one and don't plan on buying one!
So I just need jars,what size jars should I start with,somthing small right?
Also will just a pot and cover work on the stove,I need to boil the jars for an hour?
Is there a certain temp it needs to be?
Also what do I need for the jars,lids,what about the substrate that goes into the jars,how does this work and what should I use?
I am guessing that the substrate mix must go in the jars before you boil them on the stove,that way they will get sterilized while boiling?
Thanks for any info!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1170877 - 12/26/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This page will give you all the info you need. Good luck!

http://www.fanaticus.com/

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Strains [Re: dog]
    #1170882 - 12/26/02 05:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Alright thanks I will check it out!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures