Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Shroomerites Anonymous

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Questions about polymorphous perversity; ignorant people need not click.
    #11701542 - 12/22/09 08:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This very interesting concept which is to the point has got me thinking after the last thread about pedophilia.

First some background on it;

Polymorphous perversity
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (April 2007)
Polymorphous perversity is a psychoanalytic term for human ability to gain sexual gratification outside socially normative sexual behaviors. Sigmund Freud used this term to describe the normal sexual disposition of humans from infancy to about age five.
Contents [hide]
1 Freud’s theory
2 Political issues
3 Popular culture
4 See also
5 External links
[edit]Freud’s theory

Freud theorized that humans are born with unfocused sexual libidinal drives, deriving sexual pleasure from any part of the body. The objects and modes of sexual satisfaction are multifarious, directed at every object that might provide pleasure. Polymorphous perverse sexuality continues from infancy through about age five, progressing through three distinct developmental stages: the oral stage, anal stage, and phallic stage. Only in subsequent developmental stages do children learn to constrain sexual drives to socially accepted norms, culminating in adult heterosexual behavior focused on the genitals and reproduction.
Freud taught that during this stage of undifferentiated impulse for sexual pleasure, incestuous and bisexual urges are normal. Lacking knowledge that certain modes of gratification are forbidden, the polymorphously perverse child seeks sexual gratification wherever it occurs. In the earliest phase, the oral phase, the child forms a libidinal bond with the mother via sexual pleasure gained from sucking the breast.
For Freud, "perversion" is a non-judgmental term. He used it to designate behavior outside socially acceptable norms.
[edit]Political issues

This article is written like a personal reflection or essay and may require cleanup. Please help improve it by rewriting it in an encyclopedic style. (December 2007)
Poststructuralist critics such as Gilles Deleuze (see Anti-Oedipus) and Judith Butler (see Gender Trouble), as well as critical theorist Herbert Marcuse (see One-Dimensional Man) analyze the repression of polymorphous perversity through positing challenges to the Oedipal complex itself.
Religious conservatives have appropriated the term "polymorphic perversity" in order to criticize sexual minorities (see Kirk Cameron's "Way of the Master"); however, this does not relate in any sense to Freud's theories or psychoanalysis.

I think that polymorphous perversity seems to have the capacity to extend beyond the age of five. If people are capable of climaxing to a childs body, it would be reasonable to believe that this description can apply to later stages of human experience.

Also, it was found that re-victimization is an outcome being molested and a drive for the new wave of child molestors that come to be. Is it that humans have a sexual inclination towards what they are used to having. ie. The majority of the early sexual experience of an adult whom is molested and what he may have felt comfortable with is molestation and therefore it becomes a viable polymorphous sexual motive to engage in raping a child. This is very similair to those who are phsyically abused; they tend to use violence as a solution, even after being shown that it doesnt work for them.

I am beggining to suspect that something is going on here; interesting stuff.

Thoughts?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #2

Re: Questions about polymorphous perversity; ignorant people need not click. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11701565 - 12/22/09 08:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:curbyourenthusiasm:

Anonymous #3

Re: Questions about polymorphous perversity; ignorant people need not click. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11701629 - 12/22/09 09:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well there are two obvious critiques: not everyone who is molested becomes a pedophile, and not every pedophile was molested.

Also this doesn't really relate to Freud's theory about shifting the physical site of pleasure to induce human beings to suckle, poop, and fuck when necessary, via the Pleasure Principle that he espoused. Most people don't take pleasure in being molested.

Anonymous #1

Re: Questions about polymorphous perversity; ignorant people need not click. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #11701650 - 12/22/09 09:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Most people don't take pleasure in being molested.

I accounted for this; its not that I believe that people molested feel that molestation is pleasurable, they just find it comfortable;they are used to it. Ie. Angry people do not find anger pleasurable, but they feel comfortable with it and that is a form of comfort.

Anonymous #1

Re: Questions about polymorphous perversity; ignorant people need not click. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #11701657 - 12/22/09 09:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:congrats:

That was a good laugh for me too!

Anonymous #3

#11701700 - 12/22/09 09:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Quote:

Quote:

Most people don't take pleasure in being molested.

I accounted for this; its not that I believe that people molested feel that molestation is pleasurable, they just find it comfortable;they are used to it. Ie. Angry people do not find anger pleasurable, but they feel comfortable with it and that is a form of comfort.

I think that's a little too relative. If angry people were comforted by their fits of rage then they wouldn't be so stressed, wouldn't end up with high blood pressure, etc.

Anonymous #1

Re: Questions about polymorphous perversity; ignorant people need not click. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #11701854 - 12/22/09 09:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Who said anything about them being comforted by their fits of rage? I am saying that we revert to things we are confortable with, not comforted by.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Community >> Shroomerites Anonymous