Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Loc: North Eastern United Stat...
Pickels anyone?
    #1169310 - 12/25/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My friend  threw out his  pickels and washed the jar and lid and scraped the paper and washed the glue off of the lid and jar.  The problem is he can still see a faint green ring on the lid, and it smells like pickels (very lightly, that and soap!).... my friend wants to use this jar for the honey tek, is the green ring ok?  Like I said, he washed it, used peroxide and soaked it in soap for a while, nothing worked.....  Hope it works out for him, anyone know?

Also, I posted this q in another form, I think its been overlooked though  :frown:  Is it ok if my friend has about three fine hairs of carmalization in his honey water?  He didnt get an answer earlier so decided to test it out, and injected 2cc's of spores into it, will it still work?

Thanks guys.
Merry Christmas  :laugh: 

--------------------
"I think its time to hit the sack, then i'll probably just go to bed" ~ NSKiller

Edited by NSKiller (12/25/02 02:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Re: Pickels anyone? [Re: NSKiller]
    #1169333 - 12/25/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ok let me rephrase, will it hurt if the green is left there, im tellin u, its not comin off, a dam steel wool pad was used on it for like 25 min, he almost got his sandblaster.....

--------------------
"I think its time to hit the sack, then i'll probably just go to bed" ~ NSKiller

Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
    #1169468 - 12/25/02 09:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, if you let the lid sit in bleach and water 1/5 and the green ring is still there, then it's just a vegetable dye, from the outer skin of the cucumber...(chlorophyl)..after bleaching it should go away.

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Re: Pickels anyone? [Re: moorhsum]
    #1169525 - 12/25/02 10:14 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ok.... ill try it. does anyone know the answer to the second question? Is it ok if my friend has two to three strings of carmal in honey water? Or will the myc not colonize?

--------------------

Offlinedjgiant
cut up music

Loc: abq,nm
    #1169633 - 12/25/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

why cant he buy another jar?

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Re: Pickels anyone? [Re: djgiant]
    #1169649 - 12/25/02 11:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

well i guess he could, he just wanted to save time and money.

--------------------

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1169746 - 12/25/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ok my friend tried it twice, both times he got strings in it. first time it was at 10psi for 30min, second time it was 15psi for 10min, in each jar there was 1 pint of water to one table spoon of honey..... is this normal and ok, should he 15psi for 5 min?

--------------------

Edited by NSKiller (12/25/02 01:02 PM)

Offlineajg2425
farmer

#1169815 - 12/25/02 01:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

My friend  threw out his  pickels and washed the jar and lid and scraped the paper and washed the glue off of the lid and jar.  The problem is he can still see a faint green ring on the lid, and it smells like pickels (very lightly, that and soap!).... my friend wants to use this jar for the honey tek, is the green ring ok?  Like I said, he washed it, used peroxide and soaked it in soap for a while, nothing worked.....  Hope it works out for him, anyone know?

Also, I posted this q in another form, I think its been overlooked though  :frown:  Is it ok if my friend has about three fine hairs of carmalization in his honey water?  He didnt get an answer earlier so decided to test it out, and injected 2cc's of spores into it, will it still work?

Thanks guys.
Merry Christmas  :laugh: 

put a little bit of rubbing alcohol in there, it might still be green but wont hurt anything.  for the honey water tek it dosnt really matter what size the jar is as long as the needle will reach in, if your that paranoid about it just find another jar pretty much anywhere.

--------------------
http://www.erowid.org

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1169819 - 12/25/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thx for the post, solved that problem, well he didn't but just went ahead and used it anyway.

ok he tried 5 min at 10 psiand it still carmalized! so i think that honey tek is bullshit, and he should update the thing, cause 1 pint plus 1 table spoon at 15psi is gonna solidize it into a goddam cube!

--------------------

Edited by NSKiller (12/25/02 01:35 PM)

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1169919 - 12/25/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ok, now he tried 1 pint of water to 1 tablespoon of honey, put it in a pressure cooker, on 10psi, he let it just start to steam out of the pressure cooker then took it out, and it STILL CARMALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so if someone would be so kind, as to tell me how to sterilize my friends honey water, i would appreciate it.

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1169930 - 12/25/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ever thought maybe the PC is getting too hot? Try the microwave.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #1170340 - 12/25/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the "strings" you are seeing aren't caramel, they're just random congealed honey proteins and/or pollen, you can't avoid that kind of thing unless you use ultra artificial filtered "honey", and it doesn't do any harm.
In fact I don't think caramelisation of sugars in a liquid medium is ever a problem at 15psi, though I might be wrong.....

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Re: Pickels anyone? [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #1170763 - 12/26/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanks dude thats the answer i was lookin for. thanks for making me feel better, my friend is tryin it out now. now i just hope my friend sterilized it long enough, but only time will tell, thanks for the replys guys, and ill post the results for future honey tek newbs so they don't flip like my friend did..... he should have smoked a bowl to calm his nerves, it was that and a combo of xmas day boring family shit that made him tweek! really thanks guys!~

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale