Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
animals perceptions of humans on drugs
    #1169221 - 12/25/02 07:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok i tried mush for the 1st time the other, it wasnt anything amazing but i didnt take enough. Anyway we did it at my friends house and he has this crazy dog, and i mean crazy, dumb as shit and cant sit still for 2 seconds. Once the shrroms started to kick in the dog started to go really strange, at first he seemed to be scared of us (and we werent doing anything starnge, just sitting watching tv) he went onto the balcony and we couldnt get him back inside, he just cowerd under the table, not scared of us but he didnt want to be near us. Only like 10 minutes later he suddenly became very loving and placid, almost mother like, it was the strangest thing that this crazy dog was trying to look after us.

Another thing we thought was really strange was the dogs interst in our mushies, he kept trying to get into our pockets to get the bag, at one point he got them and went off with them, but we got them back it was prett funny, at one point we thought he might have eaten mine cos i left them in the bedroom and he was acting very different from usual. Every time we ate one he kept trying to steal them from us and eat them himself .

Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this, but pets definately seem to know something is going.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: bubkuss]
    #1169301 - 12/25/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oddly enough, my dog can tell whenever I have smoked up. Maybe its the smell, but she gets really crazy and funny. I think animals can sense when a human's consciousness is altered.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1169410 - 12/25/02 09:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I know that whenever I smoke in my back yard, these squrrials that live around some trees go crazy, I mean absolutly NUTS  :laugh:. They make these weird noises when dance around when they smell ganja smoke. Or maybe I'm just stoned. 

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Anonymous

#1169448 - 12/25/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

One time I had recently smoked weed and then I went camping in the woods and all these bees starting chasing me and stinging me. I had to rip my shirt off and they all surrounded my shirt and I had to burn the shirt.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1169455 - 12/25/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Last night I walked home drunk/stoned and on the last few km/s a cute cat started following me. I didn't realise for a while, then I saw it and stopped to pet it. Then started walking again and it was still following me. After 10 mins of walking, I looked back again and the cat had just stopped and was sitting there.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: gdman]
    #1169553 - 12/25/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Whenever Im tripping my cats look at me like they are spooked and they try to hide from me and make me feel like im doing somthin hella bad. i end up puttin them in a room and closin the door.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
    #1169564 - 12/25/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Whenever I trip my animals become super friendly and loving, and my black cat tries to climb up my leg, literally. Animals are the coolest trip toy I've ever had. There's nothing like putting your ear up to a purring cat and listening to it just breathing and purring, feeling it's heartbeat.....

I can't imagine why some of your animals are afraid of you, even other peoples animals love me when I'm tripping...

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: KillerClown]
    #1169683 - 12/25/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah. Cats are amazing.

--------------------

OfflineSphynx
Trip Apprentice

Loc: The deepest recesses of h...
Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: Revelation]
    #1170350 - 12/25/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

After I got my two dogs stoned this summer, they always run into the house when I smoke. Oh well, I guess they didn't like it. Some of my friends have crazy stoner pets, and my friends cat even fiends - he meows at the bowl of his bong and looks at him all sad like.

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1170527 - 12/25/02 09:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

One time, me and my buddy were in a different realm of consciousness at a playground at like 3AM.... a HUGE cat approached us, then this little cat (who we named spot) jumped infront, and they started circling each other as if they were to fight, the big cat backed down. Me and My friend made our trek back home, about 3km or so, and Spot followed us home, but wouldnt get within 10 feet of us, when we got there he followed us into the shed, and did all sorts of cool things, Then he followed us inside the house, and stuck around for a couple days, until reported missing, and he was taken to its rightful owner. It was a really messed up experience, and ive got a feeling you had to be there to understand it.

Anyways, ive got a feeling animals know when your inebriated, especially dogs.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1170635 - 12/26/02 12:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

cats always look me weird when Im stoned.

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: T0aD]
    #1170786 - 12/26/02 04:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thats probably because you're stoned.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: TinMan]
    #1170866 - 12/26/02 05:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

no, its cause Im stoned

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: T0aD]
    #1171062 - 12/26/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Uh?

That was confusing but funny.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1171140 - 12/26/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

its your breathing, your eyes, and your movements.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1171151 - 12/26/02 08:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My cat knows when I'm tripping. I can look at his eyes and just know that he knows. He also acts strange around me when I'm on shrooms, rolls over and over on the floor in front of me. Something else I hadn't thought of till you pointed it out was how his behavior changes during different stages of my trip. For the first hour or so he acts kind of afraid, with his ears slightly back (which he NEVER does to me) and he won't come too close to me. After an hour or so into the trip though he will come right up to my feet purring like crazy. Then he just rolls around on the floor at my feet and keeps purring.

Strange. He knows.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: animals perceptions of humans on drugs [Re: trendal]
    #1171270 - 12/26/02 10:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thats interesting.
I just ordered at amazon com a book about this.Not having in mind this thread, though.

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1171271 - 12/26/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

well not about this but about talking with animals, totems, etc. :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1171278 - 12/26/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

One's entire "vibe" changes while under the influence of psychedelics, including breathing, eyes, speed/confidence of various movements, alterations of vocal sounds and so on.. There can be several changes in most of these aspects throughout the course of a full trip.

I believe animals can pick this up a bit better because they're not nearly as concerned with things like "what am i going to wear tomorrow" or "fuck I'm almost out of gas i'll have to refill the tank before i head out of town" or "that dinner was terrible i'm never going there again" or "fuck i hope i did well on that test" or whatever other bullshit may be pulsing through the mind of any given person at any given moment. Pets can pick up on these vibes much better.

When I come home from school or work and see my dog, she knows before I consciously do anything whether or not I'm in the mood to play with her and pet her and all that - she can tell :smile: I think all of this comes into play while on psychedelics, because one's mood goes through several different stages on a trip, so naturally you'll notice your animal reacting to you in distinctly different ways throughout different parts of the trip.

Animals can "ride the vibe" better than sober humans :wink: can't you ride your friends' vibes better when you're tripping? hehe this kind of backs up my observation that a person on psychedelics seems a lot like a small child or other animal.

i'll bet small children could do the same thing

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/26/02 10:40 AM)

OfflineJustSomeGuy
Champion

Loc: Canada eh
    #1171322 - 12/26/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My cats cool with me when iam tripping...But i did some acid not too long ago and went home..my dog was acting so weird..like running around in circles and sniffing all over the place like a crazy mofo. And it was yelping and shit...for no reason...freaked my out, when i had a head full of lsd!

--------------------
I feel asleep in the pub and woke up in OTD. :confused:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale