Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: Winter reading: Nietzsche; intoxication, ecstacy... [Re: andrewss]
    #11720192 - 12/26/09 08:03 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

andrewss said:

Hmmmm...

Not sure I remember that one. One secret?

Perhaps it's will, perhaps it's intoxication with the Dionysian, perhaps it's a message about interpretation regarding his books which are 'for all and none' - for 'the wanderer and his shadow', perhaps it's the key to the 'Gay Science' itself, the "joyful sophia", or?

About the light mentioned in 310: 311 is entitled "Refracted Light" (Gebrochenes Licht).

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Winter reading: Nietzsche; intoxication, ecstacy... [Re: Lakefingers]
    #11722357 - 12/26/09 07:37 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I just liked the prosey poetry of it I wasnt sure it was trying to say all that much, sometimes he just throws in simple things highlighted by a lot of good words. A reason why I read him.

I'll take a gander at that section in a bit...

Edit:

I re read the Will and Wave section, Kaufmann, has a lot to say about it... here is some of what he interprets:

Quote:

What he shares with the waves is the overflowing vitality that never comes to a stop - not because it has failed to find what it was looking for but because this constant play is its life. A critic might object: How can one speak of Nietzsche's overflowing vitality when he was sick and in pain much of the time? But neither his doctors' advice to save his half-blind eyes by giving up reading and writing nor his migraine headaches and other torments stopped him...

... These reflections are relevant to Nietzsche's conception of the eternal recurrence of the same events, which is first presented in this book. The absence of all purpose and meaning, to which one's first reaction may well be nausea or despair, can be experienced as liberating and delightful in what Nietzsche later calls a "Dionysian" persepctive.

:strokebeard:

I really liked 311 "Refracted Light" - I remember really liking it when I first read "The Gay Science" ... I gotta post it...

Quote:

Refracted Light.- One is not always bold and when one grows tired then one of us, too, is aprt to moan like this: It is so hard to hurt people - oh, why is it necessary! What does it profit us to live in seculusion when we refuse to keep to ourselves what gives offense? Would it not be more advisable to live in the swarm and to make up to individuals the sins that should and must be committed against all? To be foolish with fools, vain with the vain, and enthusiastic with enthusiasts? Wouldn't that be fair, given such overweening deviation on the whole? When I hear of malice of others against me - isn't my first reaction one of satisfaction? Quite right! I seem to be saying to them - I am so ill-attuned to you and have so much truth on my side that you might as well have a good day at my expense whenever you can! Here are my faults and blunders, here my delusion, my bad taste, my confusion, my tears, my vanity, my owlish seclusion, my contradictions. Here you can laugh. Laugh, then, and be merry! I do not resent the law and nature of things according to which faults and blunders cause merriment.

"To be sure, times used to be more 'beautiful' when anyone with a halfway new idea could still feel so indispensible that he would go out into the street and shout at everyone: 'Behold, the kingdom of heaven is at hand!' - I should not miss myself if I were not there. All of us are dispensable."

But, to repeat it, that is not how we think when we are bold; then we don't think of this.

Kaufmann throws this in from a letter from Nietzsche to Gast:

Quote:

"... To this day, my whole philosophy totters after an hour's sympathetic conversation with total strangers: it seems so foolish to me to wish to be right at the price of love, and not be able to communicate what one considers most valuable lest one destroy the sympathy. Hinc meae lacrimae [hence my tears]."

:thumbup:

:chugbeer:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Edited by andrewss (12/26/09 08:31 PM)

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

#11724208 - 12/27/09 03:44 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

:fishing:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

#11729783 - 12/28/09 04:55 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

From The Will To Power

Quote:

"Apollo's Deception": the eternity of beautiful form; the aristocratic legislation, "thus shall it be for ever!"

Dionysus: sensuality and cruelty. Transitoriness could be interpreted as enjoyment of productive and destructive force, as continual creation.

Quote:

My first solution: Dionysian wisdom. joy in the destruction of the most noble and at the sight of its progressive ruin: in reality joy in what is coming and lies in the future, which trumphs over existing things, however good. Dionysian: temporary identification with the prinicple of life (including the voluptuousness of the martyr).

My innovations.- Further development of pessimism: intellectual pessimism; critique of morality, disintegration of the last consolation. Knowledge of the signs of decay: veils with illusion every firm action; culture isolates, is unjust and therefor strong.

1. My endeavor to oppose decay and increasing weakness of personality. I sought a new center.
2. Impossibility of this endeavor recognized.
3. Thereupon I advanced further down the road of disintegration - where I found new sources of strength for individuals. We have to be destroyers! --- I perceived that the state of disintegration, in which individual natures can perfect themselves as never before - is an image and isolated example of existence in general. To the paralyzing sense of general disintegration and incompleteness I oppose the eternal recurrence.

Quote:

One seeks a picture of the world in that philosophy in which we fee freest; ie, in which our most powerful drive feels free to function. This will also be the case with me!

:fishing:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Edited by andrewss (12/28/09 05:04 AM)

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11750701 - 01/02/10 01:41 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

So I didn't want to leave Andrewss to go fish...

I've been thinking quite a bit about the last section Lakefingers posted, but it seems to speak well for itself. As appropriate as it is though, I was thinking; can we close on such an abstract, or symbolic wave though? Nobody shared any music.

Enjoyed the discussion very much :bongload:

Edited by daytripper23 (01/02/10 02:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds