Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: urbanwolf]
    #11670983 - 12/17/09 07:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

urbanwolf said:
V Tower Extreme all the way. Full glass intake, no metal parts whatsoever. All digital. Dont accept anything less.

cheap as fuck too. Dont waste your money on a Volcano.

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #11673030 - 12/18/09 01:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Im looking into the Herbalaire but that other bag vape is just fugly.

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: publicenemy1]
    #11673061 - 12/18/09 01:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I guarantee that the Extreme Vaporizer is a much better vaporizer for half the money.

Woah, hold on there.

I love Volcano bashing as much as the next guy (as shown by my previous posts), but neither the Extreme or Herbalaire (I don't count the Vapir, POS) can touch the Volcano in terms of bag blowing. The Volcano is indeed the king of bag vapes. Is it worth $500+ pricetag? I don't think so... but if you got the money, have lots of friends and want bags, why the hell not.

The Extreme is an awesome all round vape with a stack of options for a great price, it's far from being a better bag blower then the Volcano and it's whip function is not as good as a dedicated whip vaporizer. Is it a better value purchase then a Volcano? I definitely think so.

You have to weigh everything up, people have far too much bias when it comes to vaporizers.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: Chubba]
    #11673070 - 12/18/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

How do you feel about the Zephyr or the Herbalaire versus the Extreme and Volcano?

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11673605 - 12/18/09 07:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I bet Ferrari forums sound the same when a bunch of Honda Civic owners show up. :smirk:

I'm actually glad there are less expensive vapes that actually produce vapor as opposed to SMOKE... The problem I see mostly is people not knowing the difference. Every other vape I've tried (all whip style) produce smoke eventually when the cheap element gets too hot and scorches the herb. :shrug:

Some people don't understand the real difference between vapor and smoke, and just think their cheap wooden whip style vape is comparable... it's not, and half of what you are inhaling is smoke!

I guess some of these new ones are better (better elements), and good luck to those who go for them! Just be aware of the smoke or vapor issue.

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #11673865 - 12/18/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11674020 - 12/18/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

With all these new fangled ones, I have no idea... I guess get the best you can afford. I would say the Volcano, but I'm afraid to be labeled as some Volcano fan boi. :lol:

I thought most of these newer ones were just cheap knockoffs of a Volcano style vape... you know, the same thing that happens with EVERY product or industry EVER. A good one comes out and is expensive, then a bunch of inferior look a likes come out. :shrug:

But Chubba and friends swear there are good ones cheap... buyer beware I guess!

Offlinetektonic
Mr. Mani-fest-ival

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: RL
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #11674221 - 12/18/09 10:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i use a box style whip vape, works great, but i've only found one model that vapes properly for me, it's called "purp vape" but there are tons of shitty knock-off like cogburn said, stay away from "easy vape" and remember, you get what you pay for, atleast with box vapes

purp vape = $120

easy vape = $65

simply put, the easy vape doesn't vape

edit: and the whips that come with any vape are shit

you need to buy a good one to smoke fat

http://www.gotvape.com/store/dual-chamber-vapor-whip.php
or
http://www.gotvape.com/store/vaporbox.vaporizer.vapor.whip.php

--------------------
Growery

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

Edited by tektonic (12/18/09 10:17 AM)

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: tektonic]
    #11674424 - 12/18/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If my whip ever breaks I'm going to get that one in the first link you posted.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: publicenemy1]
    #11674505 - 12/18/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
When i actually get monies to spend on a vape id get either da budda, or a vapor genie.

Da budda has a sale right now $189 for vape, whip, 3 screens, 3 year warranty, lifetime warranty on labor.

I dont like the idea of metal heating elements, like in the volcano, or vapor bros. Metal ions are a big no no.

Vriptech VHW sounds interesting since the element is encased in glass.

OP, do you want a bag vape? As far as i know only vapes available are either bag, whip or pipes.

thats not a sale, it was the same last week, except last week it was $30 cheaper, coz they increased the price on december 15th.

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11674570 - 12/18/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#11676187 - 12/18/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Some people don't understand the real difference between vapor and smoke, and just think their cheap wooden whip style vape is comparable... it's not, and half of what you are inhaling is smoke!

I guess some of these new ones are better (better elements), and good luck to those who go for them! Just be aware of the smoke or vapor issue.

Wow dude, you are completely in over your head.

The problem is that you seem to have very little knowledge of vaporizers, it's nothing personal but you're really spouting some bad misinformation.

Quote:

Every other vape I've tried (all whip style) produce smoke eventually when the cheap element gets too hot and scorches the herb. :shrug:

What vapes have you tried?

The following direct draw vapes will never produce smoke if used properly.

-Vaporbrothers
-Vaporwarez Vaporcannon
-V-tower
-Extreme
-Silver Surfer
-Da Buddha
-Purple Days
-Myztlezap
-Vriptech VHW
-Herborizer
-Vapolution

What you DO NOT want to buy, are chinese whip vapes. These are usually bought via ebay or headshops, shitty quality, lead parts, no warranty and range between $50 - $100.

eg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smoking-Herbal-Ceramic-Digital-Vaporizer-Vapor-W-Whip_W0QQitemZ260521563781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca84b9685

The absolute CHEAPEST whip vape someone should purchase is roughly ~$150 and that would include Vaporbrothers, Vaporcannon and DaBuddha.

ARGH, you make me angry Rooster, you are the perfect definition of a Volcano fanboy, your arguements are totally illogical. Stop trying to convince people they NEED a Volcano and everything else will suck, not the case.

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: Chubba]
    #11676196 - 12/18/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#11676242 - 12/18/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

EDIT: Damn, Shroomery is being retarded.

VVVVVV

Edited by Chubba (12/18/09 04:44 PM)

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#11676250 - 12/18/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

can u get away with using a heat gun?

Hmmmm, probably, I wouldn't recommend it though.

I've a used a lot of heatgun setups, they are a pain in the ass to use and very loud, but ultimately they do produce nice clean/thick vapor. I've never used a setup that's been ghetto rigged to a Volcano valve system though, but other users have achieved that... bags are 10x better with the Volcano valve system, the bastards don't let anyone else use it.

Vriptech was the main heatgun company and they took their non-vape expertise and applied it to the VHW (vape specific) and the product is 100x superior.

If you already have some nice GG bongs, it is a good option.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: Chubba]
    #11676313 - 12/18/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:

YOU seem like the guy spreading misinformation... THICK vapor is most likely smoke, or mostly smoke. Vapor should be kinda light and airy and not thick at all. I bet you are the asshole who turns my Volcano up to 7 or 8 trying to get "thick heady vapor!"... :rolleyes:

Just because it's a vaporizer DOES NOT MEAN it only produces vapor... After ~375, it's SMOKE and you might as well be toking a regular bong.

PS - My vape has a greamlin. :finger:

:volcano:

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

#11676337 - 12/18/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Vapor should be kinda light and airy and not thick at all

thats what ive always thought but i havent even got my vaporizer yet so i dont really know too much  :shrug:

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #11676343 - 12/18/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#11676384 - 12/18/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

YOU seem like the guy spreading misinformation... THICK vapor is most likely smoke, or mostly smoke. Vapor should be kinda light and airy and not thick at all. I bet you are the asshole who turns my Volcano up to 7 or 8 trying to get "thick heady vapor!"... :rolleyes:

Just because it's a vaporizer DOES NOT MEAN it only produces vapor... After ~375, it's SMOKE and you might as well be toking a regular bong.

PS - My vape has a greamlin. :finger:

LOL, you are a tard, go away you vapor noob.

:facepalm:

I've vaped plenty of Volcano bags, the vapor is thin because it's got a large bowl, a large bowl and a large fan... that's how bag vaporizers work, the majority of your bag is air.

There are a large amount of vaporizers that produce thick hits. My favourite the Purple Days produces the thickest hits of any vaporizer, why? No it's not the temp, it's because it has a tiny bowl and an extremely restricted airflow. The Vriptech VHW produces very thicks too. Direct draw vaporizers in general produce much thicker hits then Volcano or bag vaporizers due to the fact that a small bowl + lungs produces far less air then a big bowl + fan... do you not get it?

God damn, I don't mind having arguements with someone that understands vaporizers, but you are totally clueless.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#11676386 - 12/18/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sure there are new ones that are awesome... There is just a 100% fact that says good things produce hundreds of shitty knockoffs. For every one decent non-cano vape, there are 50 shitty Chinese knockoffs. :shrug:

But as much as I stand behind the Volcano, Chubba wants to shit all over it. I am not a fan boy. I am an owner, and the 100+ hard core, over 30 stoners that have smoked it have ALL said it was the best they've had.

Someone brought over a wooden box looking piece of shit, and it was horrible. Harsh, hot and nasty as shit. I've owned a Vapir one (old model), and it was also pretty shitty. I've tried some other thing my friend bought after trying the cano, and it was crappy... He was pissed and never uses it anymore. But, he uses the shit out of my Volcano!

Last time I'll say it... BUY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. There is a real reason some things cost more money than others.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder