Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

UK: Drugs survey – legalise and crack down on dealers
    #11667459 - 12/17/09 12:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

North West Evening Mail

Thursday 17 Dec 2009

THREE out of five people believe cannabis should be legalised. That is just one of the findings of the Evening Mail’s online drug survey, part of our week-long investigation into illegal drug use in South Cumbria.
Organised to coincide with National Drug Week, we asked readers to tell us how drug misuse should be dealt with. NEIL SANDERS reports.

DRUGS should be legalised to crack down on dealers. That is just one of the suggestions to come from the Evening Mail’s online drug survey.

Three out of five people who filled in our survey believe cannabis should be legalised in a bid to crack down on dealers.

One in five believe the same should be done with heroin, cocaine and ecstasy.

Participants were asked how they thought the drug problem in Britain should be dealt with.

As well as stricter punishments for possession and more searches in nightclubs, many people thought that the way to stop drug abuse was to legalise them and follow the example of countries such as the Netherlands.

One person said: “By making drugs legal the government can tax and regulate them. This would take the drugs out the hands of the dealers. You could also combine this with education to prevent misuse.”

The survey, which has been running since last week, was undertaken to investigate our readers’ reactions to illegal drugs sold in the area. Hundreds of people voiced their opinions on a variety of drug-related questions.

Heroin was shown to be the biggest problem drug in Cumbria, with 58 per cent of participants believing it is being used in their area, just ahead of cocaine with 56 per cent.

But others believe illegal drugs are not the problem, and said alcohol and alcohol related violence are much bigger concerns in the community.

One respondent said: “Alcohol and tobacco are far more dangerous than many ‘illegal’ drugs. People who have problems with these legal drugs cost the NHS millions of pounds each year.”

Families were targeted as the main group that should be responsible for reducing the misuse of drugs, with the government and police coming second and third respectively.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/drugs_survey_legalise_and_crack_down_on_dealers_1_565771?referrerPath=have_your_say

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: UK: Drugs survey – legalise and crack down on dealers [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11667470 - 12/17/09 12:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

very pleasently shocked to see that well over half voted for legalization of cannabis. not that i can ever see the govnerment paying any attention to any of the results.

Offlineinkblot
Stranger
    #11668921 - 12/17/09 04:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

online drug survey

Because drug surveys are the paragon of accuracy.

In other news, 80% of registered voters plan to vote for Ron Paul, with I.C.Weiner in a distant second.

OfflineNiall
Calmed down now

#11668936 - 12/17/09 04:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone expect the government to listen?

Unfortunately cannabis won't be legalised due to the difficulty of taxing it. How can the government tax something that we can grow at home without their knowledge?

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: UK: Drugs survey – legalise and crack down on dealers [Re: Niall]
    #11669198 - 12/17/09 05:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

inkblot said:
Quote:

online drug survey

Because drug surveys are the paragon of accuracy.

In other news, 80% of registered voters plan to vote for Ron Paul, with I.C.Weiner in a distant second.

it was a survey on a newspapers website so shouldnt be too biased,

also Ron Paul wont be running for Queen in 2012

Quote:

Niall said:
Does anyone expect the government to listen?

Unfortunately cannabis won't be legalised due to the difficulty of taxing it. How can the government tax something that we can grow at home without their knowledge?

i can brew beer and distill spirit and yet the vast majority of the alcohol i drink is store bought with tax paid, buying it is just easier

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service