Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline0acidtrance0
Stupid Idiot

Another colonization temp question
    #11666921 - 12/17/09 09:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was just wondering something about colonization of substrate regarding temperatures. The general optimal temperature range most people on this forum recommend for cubensis, whatever the range might be (I can't remember exactly at the moment), is this the optimal range for most/all mushroom species, or specific to cubensis? I'm trying to colonize some rye grains with psilocybe cyanescens mycelium right now, and was curious as to what temperature I should try to keep the jars at. It ultimately doesn't really matter, since I can only keep them around 60-65 degrees where I am, which seems too cold. But ps. cyanescens are a cold fruiting species, so maybe it is actually favorable to colonize at lower temperatures. Any input/insight/past experience-sharing would be much appreciated.

:peace:

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Another colonization temp question [Re: 0acidtrance0]
    #11666928 - 12/17/09 09:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Each species has different temperature preferences.
Stamets gives 65-75 as the range for Ps cyanescens for the spawn run. Are they growing ok?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offline0acidtrance0
Stupid Idiot

Re: Another colonization temp question [Re: Doc_T]
    #11666967 - 12/17/09 10:08 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm still a little low, but I'm not too far off. This is good. I really need to read more Stamets

There's nothing growing at all so far. I inoculated last Friday I think, so I guess that's normal considering how cold it is.

Only two jars for now. This was done with my first ever homemade syringe from a wild print, inoculated in my first ever rye preparation. There is a lot that can go wrong with this combination:rofl:. Best be starting small, I figure

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Another colonization temp question [Re: 0acidtrance0]
    #11667009 - 12/17/09 10:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

0acidtrance0 said:
I really need to read more Stamets

And also check the search engine. Some things have changed in cubensis cultivation since he wrote TMC, and its possible that's true for cyans as well.
But I would think a styrofoam cooler would get you up a few degrees. Put in a hot water bottle until they get going and start making their own heat.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation