Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesansa

Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: LeopardMan]
    #11667697 - 12/17/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LeopardMan said:
Looks like nobody here except me, Doc and the OP wants to read the full article. Though I am sure RR is right, why dont you guys just break your piggy bank and stop arguing? :shrug:

Is there a paypal account or something we can chip in to in order to pay for it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: sansa]
    #11667714 - 12/17/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Read above. We are waiting for pledges to come in. :thumbup:

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

OfflineZed
Certified Insane
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: LeopardMan]
    #11667767 - 12/17/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Il chuck in a quid. (£1).

pm me when you want it paypalling across.

Offlinesansa

Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: koopa_troopa]
    #11667891 - 12/17/09 11:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koopa_troopa said:
aight doc.. if we can get together 10 bucks from everyone else ill cover the remaining 15 just so we can see exactly how this hole thing pans out.. either way should be interesting :smile:

I'm quoting this because it was difficult to find in this thread exactly who to send the $ to. I'm PMing you for your paypal address...

Offlinesansa

Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: sansa]
    #11667910 - 12/17/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

According to this:

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/hallucinogens.html

"These mushrooms typically contain less than 0.5 percent psilocybin plus trace amounts of psilocin, another hallucinogenic substance."

So it may be there's so little psilocin to begin with that 100x doesn't matter.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #11667977 - 12/17/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

bingo! :super:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #11668029 - 12/17/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Guys, the bottom line is don't dry your mushrooms in the sun, which nobody does anyway.  I have a subscription to the journal.  I'll check the article when I get time and see what's there, but it won't be today or tomorrow, because I'm swamped with work.  I can't post it for copyright legal issues, but I'll read it and see what they're trying to say.

From what it appears, they're reporting that after harvest, sunlight degrades psilocin, which we already knew.  It doesn't say if you dry in the dark, the psilocin content is going to be raised, it simply says it won't be degraded by up to 99% due to sunlight.  We also know that air degrades psilocin, and that isn't going to change.  Don't read more into this paper than what is actually there.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11668049 - 12/17/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, thanks RR.
May I suggest locking this thread temporarily until somebody reads or posts the article and we have something to talk about?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineNGC6705
In A Constant State of Becoming
 User Gallery

Loc: RA 18:53:44 DEC -06:28:42
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: Doc_T]
    #11668070 - 12/17/09 12:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'd contribute to getting the article, but:

1. there are other ways to get the article for free, it just may take a while.

2. I don't have (and I don't wish to have) any way to pay you electronically.

Peace

--------------------
All Rights Reserved

I TAKE DRUGS SERIOUSLY   
    CULTURE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND   
    MATERIALISM IS A FAITH POSITION   

"Once you find psychedelics, you're not looking for the
accelerator anymore -- you're looking for the brakes" -- Terence McKenna

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: Doc_T]
    #11668082 - 12/17/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If someone posts the article, I'll have to delete it, so don't waste your money trying to buy it. The IJMM is pretty damned picky about copyright infringement. The editor knows me personally and also knows I'm a mod here.  I'll take a look later.  Right now, I have to log off and get to work.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11668097 - 12/17/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, cubes usually have fair (approx equal) amounts of both psilocybin and psilocin in the assays I've seen.  Woodlovers tend to have more psilocybin and less psilocin, and store better for that reason.  I'm not yet convinced this isn't just "why do my shrooms lose potency if I dry them in the sun?" still.

@all>I'm sorry I said "Hmm, 100 times 1% by weight would be... " - it was a joke, ok? Rare is a cube with 1% psilocin!  Could happen, but it could be they're measuring trace amounts and then boosting them up to what people are used to, also, like Sansa says. 

So I'm merely curious at this point. Let's find out already!  I'll paypal a couple bucks if it means I get can get an electronic copy to study.  The article goes for $35, all we need is the OP to make an email account and post it (the email account, not the article!) for the $s (and £s and euros) to roll in.  Great scam!!! :thumbup: 

Peace
-PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: koopa_troopa]
    #11668749 - 12/17/09 02:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koopa_troopa said:
Ill be at class n an hour to check it out.. you sure you checked the "internets" lol?? bc not being able to find the journal makes me seriously doubt your googling prowess.. Stamets is a contributor to editorials in the journal

Hardly. I accessed Duke, UNC, and NCSU libraires, among a few others, and turned up nothing. They don't even recognize the journal. It isn't the "internets", its singular, there is only one "internet".

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Edited by dancefloordale (12/17/09 02:12 PM)

Offlinegrowguru
Family4Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pavones - Costa Rica
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11669002 - 12/17/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Are you people that broke that you cant even afford $39 or whatever it is..... that is pretty sad !

--------------------
" But Cubes are Edibles too "

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: growguru]
    #11669020 - 12/17/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

growguru said:
Are you people that broke that you cant even afford $39 or whatever it is..... that is pretty sad !

Are you paying for it? Didn't think so.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Offlinegrowguru
Family4Life
Male User Gallery

Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11669040 - 12/17/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I will pay for it, but RR said it cannot be posted for copyright infringment ! i just think it was funny that someone commented lets start a paypal fund to raise $39..  If somebody can suggest a way we can all look at it and share info, i will buy it !

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Must Read!! New Research Concludes: Cubes Unexposed to Light are 100 Xs more POTENT!! [Re: growguru]
    #11669052 - 12/17/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

He said he won't post it. He didn't say that you can't.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Trusted Cultivator
    #11669058 - 12/17/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You can pay and then PM the article. You can send a PM to anyone interested in it. There is no copyright infringment in doing so. We got a Rockefeller folks :congrats:

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

Edited by LeopardMan (12/17/09 02:58 PM)

Offlinegrowguru
Family4Life
Male User Gallery

#11669062 - 12/17/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RR Said:
If someone posts the article, I'll have to delete it, so don't waste your money trying to buy it.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11669090 - 12/17/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's an electronic document, so, I don't know, email might work.  If you want to download it for $35 I'd happy to contribute a buck or two. 

Realistically, anybody could afford it, but nobody really believes it's likely to  pan out as useful, so nobody particularly wants to afford it...

-PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinegrowguru
Family4Life
Male User Gallery

#11669093 - 12/17/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I am going to go ahead and order for everybody ! Consider it an early christmas present for everyone ! just keep my in mind if any of you guys have any prints you want to donate ! There is a bunch of articles within the main journal... can somebody confirm the article name for me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates