Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #11661380 - 12/16/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
When i actually get monies to spend on a vape id get either da budda, or a vapor genie.

Da budda has a sale right now $189 for vape, whip, 3 screens, 3 year warranty, lifetime warranty on labor.

I dont like the idea of metal heating elements, like in the volcano, or vapor bros. Metal ions are a big no no.

Vriptech VHW sounds interesting since the element is encased in glass.

OP, do you want a bag vape? As far as i know only vapes available are either bag, whip or pipes.

A friend of mine has Da Buddha and he and I both agree that my Vapor Bros hits much better.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: Rocker232]
    #11661395 - 12/16/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hrmm, interesting.

The vapor bros uses a metal element tho right?

Looks like im leaning towards the Vriptech VHW if it hits well.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11661413 - 12/16/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
hrmm, interesting.

The vapor bros uses a metal element tho right?

Looks like im leaning towards the Vriptech VHW if it hits well.

I have no idea to be honest. I just know its gets me :vaped:

I need to look up on the Vapolution. I would like to vape inside of public places.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #11661429 - 12/16/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hehe, thats always a good thing. :vaped:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #11661573 - 12/16/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
When i actually get monies to spend on a vape id get either da budda, or a vapor genie.

Da budda has a sale right now $189 for vape, whip, 3 screens, 3 year warranty, lifetime warranty on labor.

I dont like the idea of metal heating elements, like in the volcano, or vapor bros. Metal ions are a big no no.

Vriptech VHW sounds interesting since the element is encased in glass.

OP, do you want a bag vape? As far as i know only vapes available are either bag, whip or pipes.

A friend of mine has Da Buddha and he and I both agree that my Vapor Bros hits much better.

My friend says my Da-budda. Hits way better then his Vaper-bros....:tongue:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Edited by Brainiac (12/16/09 11:30 AM)

Offlineswitchy85
Man, somethin ain't right here.
Male

#11661607 - 12/16/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Vapolution was my first vap and it was fucking awesome. Broke the 1st one (well, my g/f did) so we got the special edition black one with a shit-ton of extras. Eventually we got a volcano from a friend at a hella good price ($80 and a copy of 1984). We still smoke on the regular (can't vape a joint, right?) but the volcano is great to have around.
Coolt hing about the Vapolution is that it comes with a car adapter so you can vap anywhere you have a car. Done it at drive-ins and just driving around little neighborhoods before. Also, if it breaks for any reason they'll fix it for $50 no questions asked.

--------------------
Penguins are so cool... laid back and relaxed.
Really, when was the last time you seen a mad penguin?

Free Stuff Thread

Offlinefear.loathingSF
one toke over the line
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: switchy85]
    #11661620 - 12/16/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Da Buddha has a better heating element than vapor bros.  I sold my volcano and got da buddha.  I dont know about those Vriptechs, but chubba really knows his vapes.

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: publicenemy1]
    #11663325 - 12/16/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
The glass vapor genie is fucking SICK, if you don't mind inhaling a lighter flame, it's right up your alley.

With a bit of skill, MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE clouds that rival electric vaporizers.

This one is my favorite so far out of everything posted.  Well within my price range too.  Thanks for posting this.

Quote:

publicenemy1 said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Volcano is really the only option.
Save up your money and wait for it.

:rolleyes:

Fuck the volcano, for the half the price you can get the Extreme Vaporizer which is just as good if not better.

http://www.gotvape.com/store/extreme-vaporizer.php

Or roll with vaporwarez or vaporbros. why don't you like the plastic tubing on the whip?

This was taken from another site, but more or less sums up the reasons why I'd prefer to stay away from plastic.

Quote:

Plastics for Vaporization

Many herbal vaporizer manufacturers tend to use plastic parts for there vaporization tools. Plastic over time will emit lethal toxins in which we inhale. Plastic is not recommended in vaporization systems unless it is away from the heated stream of air. Many marijuana vaporizers including Vapir and Volcano both use plastic parts directly in the inhalation chamber. Weed Vaporizer manufacturers use plastic due to the cost when compared to borosilicate glass. A few glass vaporizer manufacturers use borosilicate glass which is more significant in cost, but allows a more health conscience design. Stay away from cheap vaporizer manufacturers with plastic chassis, over time they will warp and become less efficient while releasing toxins for you to inhale.

Yeah, yeah... I'm sure a lot of will call me paranoid.  I'm not trying to live in a bubble or anything. I know it's unreasonable to assume that one can avoid ALL toxins all together.  There's enough of them out there already, I just try to limit my exposure wherever possible and in this particular situation it's well within my power to do so.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: two_rivers]
    #11666401 - 12/17/09 02:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Aside from the volcano, anyone know of a cheaper and still good bag vape?

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11666560 - 12/17/09 03:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes!  Arizer Extreme V-tower.  It is hands down the best vape for the money, and is a wicked whip vape, and also has bags, although it does not fill them as quickly as the Volcano.  I got mine for $220 CAD, but they sell online for more like $300.  Totally worth it, amazing investment.

Arizer Extreme V-tower

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #11666633 - 12/17/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you can sometimes find the extreme on ebay brand new in box for only 200usd.

--------------------

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: two_rivers]
    #11668252 - 12/17/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

two_rivers said:
This was taken from another site, but more or less sums up the reasons why I'd prefer to stay away from plastic.

Quote:

Plastics for Vaporization

Many herbal vaporizer manufacturers tend to use plastic parts for there vaporization tools. Plastic over time will emit lethal toxins in which we inhale. Plastic is not recommended in vaporization systems unless it is away from the heated stream of air. Many marijuana vaporizers including Vapir and Volcano both use plastic parts directly in the inhalation chamber. Weed Vaporizer manufacturers use plastic due to the cost when compared to borosilicate glass. A few glass vaporizer manufacturers use borosilicate glass which is more significant in cost, but allows a more health conscience design. Stay away from cheap vaporizer manufacturers with plastic chassis, over time they will warp and become less efficient while releasing toxins for you to inhale.

Yeah, yeah... I'm sure a lot of will call me paranoid.  I'm not trying to live in a bubble or anything. I know it's unreasonable to assume that one can avoid ALL toxins all together.  There's enough of them out there already, I just try to limit my exposure wherever possible and in this particular situation it's well within my power to do so.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

I don't think you have to worry about the plastic tubing on a whip.  I really don't think it's close enough to heat up to release toxins, especially if you have a longer glass whip at the end. I would say your a little paranoid but i don't blame you... better safe than sorry.  I've been using mine for something like 3 years now, never had a problem with the tubing or the vape itself, has been more than perfect for me.

I'm surprised that you would rather inhale lighter fluid from that vaporgenie...

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #11668745 - 12/17/09 02:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Big fan of the herbalaire, but its $250.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: gornyhuy]
    #11668804 - 12/17/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The Volcano is expensive because it's a long term investment... They are extraordinarily high quality, and really built to last.

Other brands may work, but as far as overall performance, ease of use, quality of vapor, consistency of vapor and just general awesomeness... there is a real reason it's $500+ and it's not bullshit at all.

As much as people WITHOUT a Volcano are tired of hearing "Volcano is best", people who do own a Volcano are sick of hearing "Volcanos are overpriced". :smirk:

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

#11669021 - 12/17/09 02:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

publicenemy1 said:
I'm surprised that you would rather inhale lighter fluid from that vaporgenie...

Yeah, I've read about that too... Here's a little something in case nobody has heard about it.

Quote:

ABSTRACT: Cytotoxicity of the rare earth metals cerium, lanthanum, and neodymium in vitro: comparisons with cadmium in a pulmonary macrophage primary culture system.
Palmer, R J : Butenhoff, J L : Stevens, J B
Environ-Res. 1987 Jun; 43(1): 142-56
The rare earth metals cerium, lanthanum, and neodymium each were evaluated in an in vitro cytotoxicity assay system using adult, male Sprague-Dawley rat pulmonary alveolar macrophages. Both the soluble chloride form of these metals and their insoluble metal oxides were studied. For comparison purposes, the cytotoxicities of cadmium chloride and cadmium oxide were also quantified in this test system. In general, regardless of the cytotoxicity parameter measured, i.e., cell viability, lysosomal enzyme leakage, or changes in cell surface morphology, cadmium was more toxic to these cells than were the rare earth metals. Of the rare earth metals studied, lanthanum chloride (lethal concentration LC50 = 52 microM), cerium chloride (LC50 = 29 microM), and neodymium oxide (LC50 = 101 microM) displayed significant cytotoxicity in this test system. Cadmium chloride exhibited an LC50 value of 28 microM, and cadmium oxide 15 microM. These findings suggest that rare earth metal fumes should be considered as cytotoxic to lung tissue and therefore potentially fibrogenic.

I guess most of it could be avoided by waiting until all of the flint stops sparking before you hold the flame to the pot, which is what I do now with my conventional pipe.

But when I pick up the glass vapor genie, I'm planning on using an organic hemp wick, coated with organic beeswax to vaporize.  It's only a couple bucks for 15 feet of the stuff.  It's just as cheap as a lighter and will last just as long, if not longer than a lighter and it produces a cleaner flame with no lighter fluid taste or toxic flint dust.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #11669195 - 12/17/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Volcano is expensive because it's a long term investment... They are extraordinarily high quality, and really built to last.

Other brands may work, but as far as overall performance, ease of use, quality of vapor, consistency of vapor and just general awesomeness... there is a real reason it's $500+ and it's not bullshit at all.

As much as people WITHOUT a Volcano are tired of hearing "Volcano is best", people who do own a Volcano are sick of hearing "Volcanos are overpriced". :smirk:

Volcano's are not the highest quality vaporizer by a long shot. The parts and design are nowhere near acceptable for the price. It's been pulled apart a bunch of times by technicians, engineers and vapor enthusiasts, it is nothing special in the slightest.

Lets pick this apart.

Quote:

but as far as overall performance

What's that even mean?

Quote:

ease of use

That's the only one you get, it fills a bag and they got a patent on their valve system.

Quote:

quality of vapor

No fucking way. The Vriptech VHW and Herborizer absolutely kicks it ass. So do nearly all direct draw vaporizers. The quality of vapor from a Volcano is terrible, it takes the tasty first hits and the disgusting last hits and mixes them together into an overall bland vapor.

Quote:

consistency of vapor

That's because it's got a fan, as pointed above, you get consistent vapor... consistently average. The quality bag vaporizers (such as Extreme/Herbalaire) produce equally consistent vapor. Restricted air vaporizers such as a Purple Days create a consistent vapor and just about every single direct draw vaporizer will produce a very consistent vapor after a week when the user gets comfortable.

Quote:

there is a real reason it's $500+ and it's not bullshit at all.

The reason it's $500+ it because people keep getting sucked in. They were the first big vaporizer on the market, they got into all the cannabis socities, they got into the media. The only reason to own a Volcano is becuase of it's patented valve system, it's not some magical piece of equipment.

Quote:

They are not the best vaporizer, there is no best vaporizer, it all depends on your usage. I believe the Volcano is the best bag vaporizer, the best party vaporizer and has an awesome bag/valve system and ease of use.

The Volcano is nowhere near the most effecient vaporizer, it gets it's ass handed to it by the majority of models and absolutely killed by vapes like the Purple Days (with a 0.025g bowl). The Volcano produces nowhere near the best tasting vapor, it's not even near the top, that is reserved for all glass/direct draw models.

The Volcano IS overpriced. If you want a bag vape and you vape in large groups/parties and you have the money... it's a great choice.

Otherwise, there's a whole range of vaporizers that can (depending on your style) outperform it for significantly less money.

/end massive Volcano rant.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Recommend a vaporizer if you'd be so kind... [Re: Chubba]
    #11669670 - 12/17/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I guess we will beg to differ... :shrug:

But I'm a proud Volcano owner, and always will be... in fact, it'll probably be the same exact one I bought so many years ago. It has hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands?) of bags run through it, and still works exactly like it did on day one.

Other vapes I've seen seem cheaply made, and the vapor tasted weird... maybe there are new ones I haven't seen.

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#11669838 - 12/17/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I guess we will beg to differ... :shrug:

But I'm a proud Volcano owner

...and that's why.

You have to use all the high quality vapes, for an extended period of time, something a "Volcano user" never seems to do. They spend the large amount of cash up front, buy a single vaporizer and then bombard people with this propaganda for god knows what reason.

We could have so many more people vaporizing if the Volcano users didn't get up in their face with silly quotes like "Don't waste your money, the Volcano is the only vaporizer" or "I tried all vaporizers and nothing compares to the Volcano, either get the Volcano or get nothing), "The Volcano gets me 10x higher then any other vaporizer".

As you can see by this thread, people are coming around, there's a lot of awesome information and whole market of high quality vaporizers... people aren't going to be duped anymore thinking you need to spend $500+ to get an awesome vaporizer... you don't.

Nothing personal, I've just dealt with far too many gung-ho Volcano users. I've vaped plenty of bags, it's just  a heating element and a fan :shrug:, nothing more, nothing less... nothing magical about it.

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
    #11670859 - 12/17/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like if you shell out $500+ for the Volcano you're just going to trick yourself into thinking it's the best piece of equipment out there so you feel better about your purchase... no regrets right???

Of course it is a great piece of equipment but there are better vaporizers and for less money, just a simple fact. I guarantee that the Extreme Vaporizer is a much better vaporizer for half the money.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Offlineurbanwolf
Male

Loc: Universe; TX
    #11670943 - 12/17/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

V Tower Extreme all the way. Full glass intake, no metal parts whatsoever. All digital. Dont accept anything less.

cheap as fuck too. Dont waste your money on a Volcano.

--------------------
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that, an unjust law is no law at all.” -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Seek not abroad, turn back into thyself, for in the inner man dwells the truth." -- St. Augustine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale