Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Wisconsin lawmakers discuss medical marijuana bill
    #11657143 - 12/15/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11682702
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 4:39 PM CST
Eau Claire (WQOW) - The effort to legalize medicinal marijuana took center stage in Madison on Tuesday. Lawmakers heard from both sides in a 2.5 hour public hearing.

Those who support medical marijuana say it helps relieve pain. Most of the people attending Tuesday's hearing were in support the bill. The legislation was introduced in the Senate in October.

Under the bill, doctors would be allowed to prescribe marijuana to patients suffering from cancer or other types of debilitating illnesses. If it's approved, patients would be allowed to grow a limited amount.

"I'm a living medical miracle; why should I be a criminal," says Gary Storck, who suffers from glaucoma. "I haven't been able to live a normal life because of illness. Now, because my medicine is illegal, I haven't been able to live a normal life. I've been shamed and put down and forced to go out on the streets. It's time for it to end."

Rep. Leah Vukmir said, "Using people who are dying of cancer as a shield, I think it's nothing more than a ruse for you to move toward full legalization of marijuana."

Lawmakers did a fiscal review of the bill in November. The study determined it's too hard to say what kind of effect this bill would have on law enforcement.

Currently, there are 13 states, including Michigan, with some type of medical marijuana law. Besides Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois are also discussing legislation.

The assembly public health committee hopes to vote on the measure by the end of the year. Governor Doyle says he would support the bill.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

Edited by MustNotBe (12/15/09 05:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds