Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
Re: Teens smoking less tobacco, more pot; Study finds shifting attitudes [Re: gnarfbuckle]
    #11655929 - 12/15/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I like how this article claims that the ignorance of kids is increasing, and that's why pot use is increasing.  (But tobbacco use, alcohol use, and meth use are decreasing!  Oh NOEZ!)

Hmm, last I checked my generation has more access to information then any generation before it.  See, we have this little thing called the internet  It's really cool, you see, every time we get told a lie by our superiors we can just hop on the internet and find out the truth!  It's great for satisfying curiosity!  (It does seem to be causing a decline in societal institutions though).

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSFsorrow
Is Born
Male User Gallery

Re: Teens smoking less tobacco, more pot; Study finds shifting attitudes [Re: gnarfbuckle]
    #11657791 - 12/15/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

I feel like I should comment that SMOKING pot is indeed as damaging as smoking tobacco or any other sort of dried leaf.

Really?

Tobacco deaths, per year in the USA: 435,000
Cannabis deaths, per year in the USA: 0

See:
Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
The big difference is I don't smoke 20-30 joints a day... QUANTITY of smoke inhaled is often overlooked.

and:
Quote:

gnarfbuckle said:
Frankly inhaling heated plant matter of any type is no good, that why vaporizing and hash are better choices IMO

And to be a dick about the cigarette deaths statistics: you are saying that the actual number of deaths directly caused by cannabis is zero when you then state the number of deaths influenced by cigarettes each year. You are comparing two different metrics together and making a claim off that. That is just illogical.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the deaths directly from the actual cigarette is also low. I've not ever heard of anyone asphyxiating themselves on the cigarette smoke they puff or overdosing from nicotine delivered only via cigarettes, but I know there could be a few dumb fools out there who have done just that. I know people have died in the past from house fires that started due to the burning embers of tobacco falling on some flammable material and the resulting flames then immolate the smoker, which frankly is a bad way to go.
The number of deaths a year from cigarette smoking that you listed is of the deaths that resulted in health complications that could be linked to and exacerbated by smoking, not from smoking itself.

Still, smoking anything is poor for your health and picking between one dried plant material or the other is like choosing to either eat some arsenic or take a shot of 12M hydrochloric acid. It's lose lose either way.
But go ahead and keep on toking, I dig it! :stoned: :thumbup:

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
Re: Teens smoking less tobacco, more pot; Study finds shifting attitudes [Re: SFsorrow]
    #11657949 - 12/15/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SFsorrow said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

I feel like I should comment that SMOKING pot is indeed as damaging as smoking tobacco or any other sort of dried leaf.

Really?

Tobacco deaths, per year in the USA: 435,000
Cannabis deaths, per year in the USA: 0

See:
Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
The big difference is I don't smoke 20-30 joints a day... QUANTITY of smoke inhaled is often overlooked.

and:
Quote:

gnarfbuckle said:
Frankly inhaling heated plant matter of any type is no good, that why vaporizing and hash are better choices IMO

And to be a dick about the cigarette deaths statistics: you are saying that the actual number of deaths directly caused by cannabis is zero when you then state the number of deaths influenced by cigarettes each year. You are comparing two different metrics together and making a claim off that. That is just illogical.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the deaths directly from the actual cigarette is also low. I've not ever heard of anyone asphyxiating themselves on the cigarette smoke they puff or overdosing from nicotine delivered only via cigarettes, but I know there could be a few dumb fools out there who have done just that. I know people have died in the past from house fires that started due to the burning embers of tobacco falling on some flammable material and the resulting flames then immolate the smoker, which frankly is a bad way to go.
The number of deaths a year from cigarette smoking that you listed is of the deaths that resulted in health complications that could be linked to and exacerbated by smoking, not from smoking itself.

Still, smoking anything is poor for your health and picking between one dried plant material or the other is like choosing to either eat some arsenic or take a shot of 12M hydrochloric acid. It's lose lose either way.
But go ahead and keep on toking, I dig it! :stoned: :thumbup:

The number is the number of cigarette smokers who died from diseases that are known to be caused by smoking cigarettes.  Perhaps some of those people may have died from the same diseases if they had not smoked cigarettes, but not many. 

Cannabis has not been shown to cause any disease which can kill you.  (At least that I'm aware of).  The main one would be cancer, and cannabis alone actually decreases your chances of that. 

And people OD on tobacco every year, admittedly not that many, but more then cannabis. 

You are simplifying the argument by saying that since it is smoking plant substance it is the same thing.  If you smoke cigarette you are smoking a lot more then just plant substance.  There are more then 600 additives, many of which are known carcinogens.  Some marijuana may have some additive too, but even if it does it will have less additives then tobacco.

You are ignoring the research that tells us what long term use of these substances does to its users.

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: Teens smoking less tobacco, more pot; Study finds shifting attitudes [Re: Nymphaea]
    #11658686 - 12/15/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeh, no diseases have been linked to long term cannabis smoke

this could be because of stunted/biased research caused by the stupid drug prohibition, however.

i still think that smoking ciggarettes is much more dangerous (the companies add chemicals to the mixture, this IS true!!!!)

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Teens smoking less tobacco, more pot; Study finds shifting attitudes [Re: AntiEverything]
    #11658717 - 12/15/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There are THOUSANDS of people on ventilators DIRECTLY from smoking/chewing tobacco. Are there any old time, joint smoking hippies on those?

Maybe a few who smoked joints rolled with baccy? Maybe some who smoked cigs also?

Anyone know?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals