Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
presto pc question.
    #11650269 - 12/14/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

so i got a presto 16qt about a year ago and i've since put it through it's paces. about a month ago the guage seems to have gotten stuck at 12psi or so. i've always done wbs at 15psi for 60min. after the guage got stuck i started getting contamns but there were alot of questionable spores and experiments and such. i've since up'd it to 90min and just guage the pressure by the rocker action.

now i'm wondering, is it possible for a rocke valve to suddenly release at a lowere pressure? i mean, it's just a weight. if it's rocking don't come knocking it's gotta be 15psi or so, right?

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: presto pc question. [Re: artizen]
    #11650322 - 12/14/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah if the rocker is still on and it is rocking that means u are at 15 psi..

Here go to the below link look up your model and buy a new gauge for it.

http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/prestoparts.htm

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Trusted Cultivator
Re: presto pc question. [Re: artizen]
    #11650323 - 12/14/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've went through 3 presto PC's, yet i still use them. They stay top notch for about a year, then you should either ditch your old one, or get all new replacement parts for it, which is going to run you about half the price of a new one, pretty shitty huh? We really need to just invest in a good AA.

What happened is, the O ring shrinks up over time and doesnt hold its pressure or water as well. I've had an O ring shrink so much that steam could actually escape through the sides between the lid/pot. Also, presto's arent all the exact same, i've gotten some that stay at 15 psi and are nearly quiet and the rocker barely moves, and i've had other ones where at 15 psi its loud as hell and the rocker is spinning like crazy.

Also, eventually over time the rubber seal melts inbetween the pressure guage and lid. Its just a cheap brand, but you can find replacement parts. Get a new O ring, a new pressure guage, and make sure you clean out the hole that lets the steam escape under the pressure release rocker.

Edited by large_dose (12/14/09 05:32 PM)

OfflineFlyingMonk
Surfer/Fisherman
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: presto pc question. [Re: large_dose]
    #11650512 - 12/14/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

large_dose said:
I've went through 3 presto PC's, yet i still use them. They stay top notch for about a year, then you should either ditch your old one, or get all new replacement parts for it, which is going to run you about half the price of a new one, pretty shitty huh? We really need to just invest in a good AA.

What happened is, the O ring shrinks up over time and doesnt hold its pressure or water as well. I've had an O ring shrink so much that steam could actually escape through the sides between the lid/pot. Also, presto's arent all the exact same, i've gotten some that stay at 15 psi and are nearly quiet and the rocker barely moves, and i've had other ones where at 15 psi its loud as hell and the rocker is spinning like crazy.

Also, eventually over time the rubber seal melts inbetween the pressure guage and lid. Its just a cheap brand, but you can find replacement parts. Get a new O ring, a new pressure guage, and make sure you clean out the hole that lets the steam escape under the pressure release rocker.

:thumbup: large_dose knows best =)

--------------------
Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water;
After enlightenment, chop wood carry water;

I may be an asshole..., but I do know what im talking about (most of the time)

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
Re: presto pc question. [Re: large_dose]
    #11650553 - 12/14/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the feed and seed near me has all the parts for a reasonable price. as long as it's not leaking and i know that the rocker can't really go bad, i don't mind. i only had one other issue with it so far and that was the blow out plug leaked a bit once and the feed and seed had a ring and 2 different blowouts for like 12$ or so. i didnt need a ring but the blowout by itself was 4$ so wtf.

once a month or so i take out the ring, wash it well, dry it, then wipe some veg oil on it with a paper towel. i run it an avg. of 6-8 times a month plus, my wife uses it for canning too, so it's got a lot of milage and the old ring looks just like the new one. :shrug:

i'm gonna run this fucker into the ground untill i can afford a 41qt AA. i wan't to do big outdoor grows eventually and want to be able to do big jars and spawn bags, so unless it blows up or i find a bag of money, this is it for a while.

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags