Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Do "souls" exist? [Re: yabbahabba]
    #11666865 - 12/17/09 07:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yabbahabba said:
>> neither exist lol

I don't believe in anything supernatural whether it be souls, ghosts, jesus, goblins, or superman..<<

To me this sounds like, "I don't believe in blood, because I've never bled."

Well how the hell are you so sure that you exist? If you've experienced vibes, how can you say it doesn't exist? If you're tripping and pick up on another person's energy (vibe), where do you get off saying that both what you felt, perceived, experienced is "supernatural"?  Supernatural means not existing in nature. If it happened, it happened. I've had an encounter with a ghost, and don't try to get me to explain my experience so you can go desperately looking for some hidden loophole that would explain why I would be convincing myself that I've experienced something that cannot possibly happen in reality, because it fucking happened, ok?

I feel. I know I am I. I feel my emotions. Sure we could invest millions of years of trying to determine the scientific formula to explain or debunk the soul, but wouldn't that be a big waste of souls?

why do you assume that I "am so sure I exist?"  Maybe it is all a figment of my imagination and you are just a puppet in the show?

Solipsism is the philosophical idea that one's own mind is all that exists. Solipsism is an epistemological or ontological position that knowledge of anything outside the mind is unjustified. The external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist. In the history of philosophy, solipsism has served as a skeptical hypothesis.

I do believe you exist though and that blood exists but it's still a belief, don't get angry because I laugh at your beliefs of "vibes" or "chacras."

I tend to believe things that can be scientifically tested and show the same result: ie. cut your wrist, blood will flow.  Not, pray to god and maybe it will coincidentally happen this time but next time god didn't want to answer .

I don't think you have a soul because we're star stuff, biological creatures "designed" by super novi

actually I just read this: I've had an encounter with a ghost, and don't try to get me to explain my experience so you can go desperately looking for some hidden loophole that would explain why I would be convincing myself that I've experienced something that cannot possibly happen in reality, because it fucking happened, ok?

Don't even bother answering back, you're just as bad as people who claim to have seen god.  I don't doubt you saw a ghost, I doubt the ghost existed outside of your own brain.

Edited by PreparationH (12/17/09 07:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Do "souls" exist? [Re: Connor4050]
    #11667056 - 12/17/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ah great another closed minded atheist rant of someone who believes his limited understanding of one form of christianity translates to knowledge about all religion and the very concept of a soul.

Wanna hear my take on things?

There is one body, it is the Universe, it has one mind, it is the mind of all sentient beings, and it has one soul, which is the God/Universe, which you are a part of.

Take the Big Bang that gave rise to our material universe:

It burst out in a sea of galaxies and stars. Guess what, not so long from now all stars will burn out. Then matter itself will come apart leaving a void with black holes. Then finally in a googol years (10100 years)they too evaporate to nothingness.

ZOMG is that the end? Hell no! Big bangs occur once every so often:

The Big Bang is something that happened, and which will forever keep on happening. It always has, and always will.

But there are rules to it. There is a minimum mass/energy and a maximum mass/energy to a big bang, just like a star or galaxy or fish has mass/energy parameters. And there's only a limited amount of distance this mass/energy can travel (such as the speed of light) before disintegrating.

So per bang you have a finite amount of energy in a finite amount of space.

That can only mean that there is a limited number of guises a big bang, and ANYTHING in that big bang, can manifest itself.

There is no infinite energy to a bang
and no infinite space
but
the underlying universe keeps up bursting those big bangs.

What will happen? By applying our Godgiven tool of logic it can only mean that every big bang and every possible manifestation within that big bang, will occur over and over into infinity.

SO DO YOU.

You will have eternal life, or rather eternal rebirth, into every possible body leading every possible life over and over, forever.

You are the God/Universe experiencing itself. Everyone you ever met, your pet hamster, its all you, in different lives, coexisting. Thou art That.

Every possible life in every possible way - its a cycle thats unfolding, an endless road. We can never know the point of the cycle we are at, because to know that is to know the cycle entirely. So we will forever have the illusion of freedom of choice because we can't truly predict with 100% confidence what will come next.

Because we all are the Same (the God/Universe) the cycle of all our lives is the exact same. This means complete Divine justice. No matter how good or bad the cards are that are dealt you this life, you will be spared or cheated out of nothing in the long run. You will experience it ALL in EVERY way.

Your "Sins" if you believe in them? Well you will commit them yes, but you will be at the receiving end of them too in equal measure.

As to right and wrong:

EVERYTHING IS EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE, INCLUDING OUR DISSATISFACTION WITH SOME OF IT AND OUR DISBELIEF IN THAT THINGS SHOULD BE AS THEY ARE.

So lets do a summary:

Being reborn eternally
Nothing possible will ever be out of your reach or lost forever
All are One and One is You
Divine justice
Everything is exactly how it should be

Friends, think of it what you will.  We have Eternity to ponder it. Sometimes I remind you, sometimes you remind me, this divine pill will melt on our tongues forevermore.

Have a fine day, eternity unfolds in the past and future.

Enjoy it, it's all YOU.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Do "souls" exist? [Re: Asante]
    #11667077 - 12/17/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:facepalm:

Edited by PreparationH (12/17/09 08:59 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Do "souls" exist? [Re: PreparationH]
    #11667123 - 12/17/09 08:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

EVERYTHING IS EXACTLY HOW IT SHOULD BE, INCLUDING OUR DISSATISFACTION WITH SOME OF IT AND OUR DISBELIEF IN THAT THINGS SHOULD BE AS THEY ARE.

Aye.

Quote:

go into the cancer ward at your local hospital and say this and maybe your views will change. 

I feel very sorry for those people and for those even worse off. I too have had a life packed to the brim with horrible suffering and I aint out of the woods yet.

In my words lies comfort and solace if ony you see it. All suffering will end and we will be washed clean from it to experience the most wonderful things. The reverse is true in equal measure, but the Format C amnesia of death works in our favor here.

Their suffering is my suffering. To know it even hurts me, but I'm looking at the bigger picture here.

Quote:

thank you for calling me closed minded it's helping with your stance...

I called the rant of the first youtube vid a closed-minded atheist rant. Look that back and listen to the onesided application of poorly formed logic delivered in an increasingly angered voice.

Quote:

5 billion years is not a small scale considering this big bang you're talking of is thought to have happened only 13.72 billion years ago.

It is a trifle compared to the googol years (10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years = 10100 Y) many scientists believe it takes for the last of the black holes of our universe to evaporate.

I'm looking at the big picture, including ten too the googol'd power, years. 1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 .. even that is a drop in the endless see of the Eternity which awaits you, which you cannot be cheated out of.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#11667132 - 12/17/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Aye.

Quote:

go into the cancer ward at your local hospital and say this and maybe your views will change. 

I feel very sorry for those people and for those even worse off. I too have had a life packed to the brim with horrible suffering and I aint out of the woods yet.

In my words lies comfort and solace if ony you see it. All suffering will end and we will be washed clean from it to experience the most wonderful things. The reverse is true in equal measure, but the Format C amnesia of death works in our favor here.

Their suffering is my suffering. To know it even hurts me, but I'm looking at the bigger picture here.

Quote:

thank you for calling me closed minded it's helping with your stance...

I called the rant of the first youtube vid a closed-minded atheist rant. Look that back and listen to the onesided application of poorly formed logic delivered in an increasingly angered voice.

Quote:

5 billion years is not a small scale considering this big bang you're talking of is thought to have happened only 13.72 billion years ago.

It is a trifle compared to the googol years (10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years = 10100 Y) many scientists believe it takes for the last of the black holes of our universe to evaporate.

I'm looking at the big picture, including ten too the googol'd power, years. 1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 .. even that is a drop in the endless see of the Eternity which awaits you, which you cannot be cheated out of.

I thought you were calling me a closed minded atheist i was like... hey fuck that guy lol.

I pretty much agree with him, rather BELIEVE that what he says is the truth but I'm not atheist, although strongly lean that way.

Also, I don't consider any atheist closed minded, chances are they were raised around religion and turned their backs on it.  Closed minded are the people brought up in a religion and never question it because that is against their religion :lol:

Edited by PreparationH (12/17/09 09:02 AM)

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#11672112 - 12/17/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Ah great another closed minded atheist rant of someone who believes his limited understanding of one form of christianity translates to knowledge about all religion and the very concept of a soul.

Wanna hear my take on things?

There is one body, it is the Universe, it has one mind, it is the mind of all sentient beings, and it has one soul, which is the God/Universe, which you are a part of.

Take the Big Bang that gave rise to our material universe:

It burst out in a sea of galaxies and stars. Guess what, not so long from now all stars will burn out. Then matter itself will come apart leaving a void with black holes. Then finally in a googol years (10100 years)they too evaporate to nothingness.

ZOMG is that the end? Hell no! Big bangs occur once every so often:

The Big Bang is something that happened, and which will forever keep on happening. It always has, and always will.

But there are rules to it. There is a minimum mass/energy and a maximum mass/energy to a big bang, just like a star or galaxy or fish has mass/energy parameters. And there's only a limited amount of distance this mass/energy can travel (such as the speed of light) before disintegrating.

So per bang you have a finite amount of energy in a finite amount of space.

That can only mean that there is a limited number of guises a big bang, and ANYTHING in that big bang, can manifest itself.

There is no infinite energy to a bang
and no infinite space
but
the underlying universe keeps up bursting those big bangs.

What will happen? By applying our Godgiven tool of logic it can only mean that every big bang and every possible manifestation within that big bang, will occur over and over into infinity.

SO DO YOU.

You will have eternal life, or rather eternal rebirth, into every possible body leading every possible life over and over, forever.

You are the God/Universe experiencing itself. Everyone you ever met, your pet hamster, its all you, in different lives, coexisting. Thou art That.

Every possible life in every possible way - its a cycle thats unfolding, an endless road. We can never know the point of the cycle we are at, because to know that is to know the cycle entirely. So we will forever have the illusion of freedom of choice because we can't truly predict with 100% confidence what will come next.

Because we all are the Same (the God/Universe) the cycle of all our lives is the exact same. This means complete Divine justice. No matter how good or bad the cards are that are dealt you this life, you will be spared or cheated out of nothing in the long run. You will experience it ALL in EVERY way.

Your "Sins" if you believe in them? Well you will commit them yes, but you will be at the receiving end of them too in equal measure.

As to right and wrong:

So lets do a summary:

Being reborn eternally
Nothing possible will ever be out of your reach or lost forever
All are One and One is You
Divine justice
Everything is exactly how it should be

Friends, think of it what you will.  We have Eternity to ponder it. Sometimes I remind you, sometimes you remind me, this divine pill will melt on our tongues forevermore.

Have a fine day, eternity unfolds in the past and future.

Enjoy it, it's all YOU.

Wow thats pretty much the theory I came up with myself a while back. Except I dont really think we are all the same consciousness. All matter will eventually assume the form of each combination of compounds, but to say that we are everything and we are all one doesnt really mean much. We lose all memory and identity when our biological systems end.

However in this infinity of events I dont rule out the possibility of beings trying to create an inconceivable technology in attempt to preserve consciousness and memories.

--------------------

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

Re: Do "souls" exist? [Re: Moo456]
    #11672710 - 12/18/09 12:12 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Here's an analogy:

Think of waves upon the ocean. Any individual wave will have smaller waves on its crest, and those waves will have tiny ripples/waves on them, and down and down and down. You can label a wave as separate, but it does not really have a boundary that isolates it from the rest of the ocean.

Your soul is like one of those waves. If you go down in scale, you are composed of trillions of cells, and if you go up in scale you have the whole of the earth. There really is no separation, just one soul "divided" into segments.

Atoms to molecules, molecules to cells, cells to larger lifeforms, larger lifeforms to the whole earth, the earth to the solar system and up and up. Each scale is not isolated from the rest, yet it can be seen as one entity. You are a person, yet you are also a collection of cells. Well, imagine if you went up and up in scale until you got to a level where the entirety of infinity was expressed as one entity. That is "god". We are soul-cells within god, as is everything else in the universe (dogs included).

Have you heard the idea that god was lonely so he fractured himself into different pieces to ease his loneliness?

Well, imagine if all of infinity is expressed as one entity, by definition it could not be aware. Because any sort of awareness, or experience, requires both a perceiver and object. Experience is only possible by contrast. You cannot have black without white, solid without space, ying without yang, ext. So if one entity was composed of all of infinity, it would have nothing to contrast itself against, and therefore it would not have any experience. So all anything is is one infinite soul experiencing itself from within itself to allow for experience.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Do "souls" exist? [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #11674485 - 12/18/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

all rocks go to heaven.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order