Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Energy transfer? [Re: Swami]
    #1158197 - 12/20/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I girl once gave me an orgasm just by touching me, I gave it back to her the same way.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1158205 - 12/20/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well, this is what happened.

Some freinds of mine used to get together to play D&D. It came up that one of the girls there could "see" auras, and we started playing around with auras. She told me mine was a kind of electric blue. This became a common thing for us to do, experimenting with our auras, and I became more and more aware of this perceived energy field. It got to the point that I could project it to different areas of the room, and she could tell me where it was. I tried to not make too much of it because I thought I might have been unintentionaly giving subtle clues upon which she made educated guesses. She never, however, got it wrong.

A couple of years later a freind of mine had a raging case of the hiccups. She'd had them for a good while, and was pestering her boyfreind to help her get rid of them. Her whining was starting to get on my nerves, so I took matters into my own hands. I concentrated on my aura, and reached out with it and "made contact" with hers. I then cleared my mind, and focused on finding, i don't know, the "bad energy" I guess. Soon I got a sensation of choking on water. I asked her if she had ever had a near drowning experience.

She said she had. When she was little, she had been playing in a swimming pool, and almost drown. Her aunt was sitting at the side of the pool. She yelled for help, but the aunt ignored her thinking she was just playing around. Just as she was about to black out, she reached the edge of the pool, and pulled herself out.

When she got to this point of the story, she sneezed twice. I asked her if she still had hiccups. She waited for several seconds, and decided that she did not, and never hiccuped again (that night).

I decided the experiment had been succesful, or at least the outcome had been optimal.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
    #1158336 - 12/20/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Close your eyes and imagine the movement of energy. Now go and transfer $1000 of electronic energy from your account into mine. PM me for the account number..... no wait I will just think really really hard on the number.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Energy transfer? [Re: ]
    #1158364 - 12/20/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone who practices energy use ever try giving their energy to others?

Yes. I have sucessfully transmitted what could be called "kundalini" or "universal" energy to a few close people... It goes by other names, like Reiki or Chi, but it's all fundamentally the same. :smile: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Energy transfer? [Re: Adamist]
    #1158508 - 12/20/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Am still waiting for one of you mystics to give me a "healing" or energy jolt or whatever... Anyone can trick a believer. Convince me and I will be a very vocal proponent.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1158534 - 12/20/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry Swami...In order for it to work you must make yourself vulnerable. Yes, vulnerable... you know, the feeling you felt a long, long time ago? It may be hard, if you are too busy guarding yourself from being hurt. Not referring to you specifically, but some people grow very "closed", and when that happens, no one can reach them but themselves. You must open yourself to experience certain things. And no, I can't "prove" this to you, you must prove it to yourself.

If you think you can put yourself in a vulnerable state of mind, and we can somehow meet in real life, I would be glad to attempt to convince you. Maybe we will run across each other in the Appalachians...  :crazy:   

--------------------

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1161199 - 12/21/02 10:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've allowed many people to "transfer energy" into my body, and have never noticed a thing. I go in with an open mind, but I told that is not enough, I have to "believe". But how can I believe before I know it's real? It seems that believing would make me "vulnerable" to my own imagination.

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: Energy transfer? [Re: ]
    #1161350 - 12/22/02 02:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i can/have done it.

is easy. i mean i'm not saying i've cured the dead or killed someone with it.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Energy transfer? [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1163149 - 12/22/02 05:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It seems that believing would make me "vulnerable" to my own imagination.

Exactly. Imagination is the only way one can possibly conceive of the infinite possibilities of existence...The possibility that your reality is not the only reality.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1163267 - 12/22/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm. So if I delude myself into thinking that I had an energy transfer, then I did whether it "really" happened or not. How profound!

Conversely, if I didn't trick myself and felt nothing when it happenend I was just closed to the possibility.

How is this different than the scam that Evangelical con-men use all the time to bilk millions out of devotees in alleged faith-healing?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1163273 - 12/22/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If faith heals you, then why not let it?

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1163650 - 12/23/02 01:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"But one must believe and practice it.

Only in the realm of non-existent metaphysical powers must one believe for it to "work". In all other endeavors, proper practice alone will suffice. "

I think this is the point Swami - For you to truly refute these claims of belief being neccessary you would have to be able to suspend your disbelief for a while and replace it with some pure undiluted belief.

Ive only done this the once but when I did, I created lightning. :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1163658 - 12/23/02 01:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If faith heals you, then why not let it?

Very simply put - because it doesn't. The largest and longest ever experiment in faith-healing is at Lourdes, where millions go every year in search of miraculous healings. These people waste their vacation time and money to go there which indicates great faith. Yet the "healings" there show no statistical difference than spontaneous healings in the the non-believing general public. It is something like 2 or 3 healings per million.

A difference that makes no difference is no difference!

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1163774 - 12/23/02 03:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

But one must believe and practice it.

Only in the realm of non-existent metaphysical powers must one believe for it to "work". In all other endeavors, proper practice alone will suffice.

Well I think you'll find that belief in yourself normally helps in alot of mundane endeavours also.

Do you doubt the concept of mental blocks etc???

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1163874 - 12/23/02 04:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If it didn't help those people in some way, they wouldn't go to it. Who are you to say who was healed and who was not? Not all health problems can be scientifically validated.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1164348 - 12/23/02 07:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If it didn't help those people in some way, they wouldn't go to it.
Like cigarettes? (The fallacious "Law of Large Numbers" once again is used as evidentiary!)

Who are you to say who was healed and who was not?
Not me. The Vatican declares which are miraculous.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Energy transfer? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1164390 - 12/23/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well I think you'll find that belief in yourself normally helps in alot of mundane endeavours also.

Let's not get too far afield here. If I put you on a weight-training program with proper diet, your body will transform NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE.

Likewise, no matter how strong your faith, no human could take a .45 magnum to the head at close range without severe damage.

There ARE external realities.

Now if I were to attempt to teach you a physical skill, yes you could perform "self sabotage" and inundate yourself with negative imagery and doubt to "prove" to me what a clumsy untalented oaf you are. This neurosis however, is not the opposite of faith as you presuppose.

Belief in yourself, as you are using the term, actually refers to a quieting of the mind; a passive non-interference if you will, rather than self-talk, "I am great. I am ready. My skills reign supreme." etc.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies