Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Self
    #1160785 - 12/21/02 06:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Many in the west are becoming interested in the idea of enlightenment. A strive for liberation from negativity. A lot of people are acknowledging that the fantasy lives they are leading are leading them astray into nowhereland, less than self satisfaction. The misconception that many have upon entering the path is they imediately begin to project enlightenment as a goal, and meditation as a skill to achieve the goal.

the fact of the matter is, mediation is irrelevant, a mere label, becoming egocentric orientated without proper guidance, what is needed is an open attitude.

If enlightenment is what you seek, than first we must look at the developement of cultivating space. We must learn to let go of old thought patterns. The only way we can do this is by opening up, allowing the space to present itself. we must learn to let go of the way we see things in every situation of life that is presented before us, only then can we see who is really pulling the strings. I'm afraid i cannot provide and example of this, it is something you will learn to compose when you learn to open up your judgements of one another, only then will the judgements upon yourself begin to lose their form. this is quite ironic as you will see in your first awakening experence.

Once we have " learned to cultivate this space between the thought to some degree we can move into expanding it further through paying attention, the art of mindfulness, but certain techinique is irrelevant. You can apply this mindfulness in any form you wish, the art will become realized when you have cultiated enough space. the idea behind this practice is to transcend the watcher now that he is exposed. if ater a time you are stll struggling with this watcher then go and exercise your favorite hobby. All of this was written during the awakening experience.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: Self [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1161340 - 12/22/02 04:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

dude, you make very good posts :-)

old thought patterns are the devil. i figure all thought patterns are the devil, what since thinking is an ego-centrical process that will only help to strengthen the ego... but you can't wear away at the ego. it's too strong, you need a breakthrough, that happens all in one moment, so i creating a strong ego would make it harder to lose the ego, if you actually and honestly tried to deny the ego (Which wont happen with a strong ego, because it will defend itself in anyway possible, even if that means taking over your mind and making you do thing you dont wanna do)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology