Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
First attempt failure, second attempt ideas.
    #11605170 - 12/07/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

SWIM is looking for some advice on where to go next with this operation.

So on the first attempt i knocked up 10 or so jars with Cambodian strain. I started out undereducated, though i had gone through these forums like crazy. Essentially, my FC was completely unregulated, wasnt shotgunned, probably underfanned and neglected. In the end my cakes all puffed up like balloons, with what i though was knots but was probably mycelium growth and overlay on the rolled verm. As well, my spawn attempt to core was botched because i failed to wring out the water... something i now know is necessary.

So, ive started again with 9 brf jars, 3 brf/wbs jars and 4 1/2-full pint jars (some with simple PF tek ingredients, some with my own wbs/brf/verm mix) So far all the jars are contam free and are showing signs of growth, with the ones i did a week ago being nearly 100% colonized.

Now, I have a sweet 64qt shotgun FC with bootloads of perlite and whatnot. My ambient humidity is hurting so im going to go grab a coolmist and run it in the same room (which will be nice cause i freeze my balls off every morning anyways) without it the FC maintains high 80's anyways so i could probably do a casing. But, im going to be gone for the christmas break starting on the 20th with the oportunity to check on my stuff only a few times a week... so ive got a couple directions to go in mind.

I might do the chronic tek, because its really low maintainance and fast. For this i was wondering something. Would i be abel to but the chronic-tek jars into my shotgun FC to guarantee humidity... or would this hinder the flow of air into the jar-FC's? I was thinking of doing this for the jars that are already done sometime next week to let them consolidate.

I was also thinking i will either birth all the jars before i leave and systematically check on them and harvest them... or just leave the ones that are lagging behind in the jars over the break. That way, they will either fruit invirtro or simply sit fully colonized until i get back to fruit.

So essentially im trying to decide between classic shotgun grow, the chronic Tek, a mix of both or both for different cakes. I want something to show for these jars before i leave on the 20th... which shouldnt be too hard. But i dont know if ive missed something or not. Any suggestions would be great!

wew... that was a mouthful:eek:

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

:paperairplane:  :shroomeryhead:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: First attempt failure, second attempt ideas. [Re: Kevin_X2]
    #11605193 - 12/07/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

By the 20th? Proper shotgun + prayer.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: First attempt failure, second attempt ideas. [Re: Doc_T]
    #11605532 - 12/07/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11605544 - 12/07/09 06:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

chronic-tek works great theres no need to put the chronic-tek jars in a shotgun.

Here are my chronic-tek cakes

OfflineKevin_X2
Clyde Frog
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: First attempt failure, second attempt ideas. [Re: Shea25]
    #11605573 - 12/07/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

cool that looks awesome! Is elevating them on mesh really necessary? Also, if i left them alone for a week and they grew without me would they potentially contam or would they just fruit, drop spores all inside the jar and stay fresh until they rotted?

light and temperature key too right? but would they be ok say... in the car for an hour or two on the way home?

edit: i was just thinking too... is there enough room in there to fruit to full size? what if i just initiated pinning and waited for some small shrooms, then moved them over into the shotgun FC to finish?

--------------------
"the path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns"

:paperairplane:  :shroomeryhead:

Edited by Kevin_X2 (12/07/09 06:25 PM)

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11605611 - 12/07/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes they have to be elevated so the heavier co2 can escape the holes in the lid. Right after the dunk and roll 7 days after that should be fine. They wont contam just because your not there the chronic tek is a self sustainable system. Temps should be around room temp 70-75. I have fruited in high 50's before

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds