Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetestes
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Spores101 - bad experience
    #11602703 - 12/07/09 01:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased three syringes of spores from Spores101 (the Canadian website).

My experience with them has not been a happy one. Hence what you’ll read below.

First, Spores101 took quite a long time sending me my package of syringes (three and a half weeks actually). This is unreasonable considering they are located in Canada and so am I.

I have gone with the “PF Tek (vermiculite/brown rice flower) in canning jar method.” To the best of my ability I followed the method very closely (using a pressure cooker). Having consulted the Shroomery and a few other web sources, I inoculated my sterile jars – a single syringe inoculated 10 jars with a 10 ml syringe. With three syringes (purchased from Spores101) I inoculated 30 jars total.

Of 30 jars, only 10 of them showed any signs of mycelium. Moreover, it took three weeks before I started seeing the mycelium grow.

Now, the lack of success I’ve had could be attributed to my own fault.

1. I may have inoculated the jars too soon after sterilization. Essentially the jars were still too hot and thus the injected spores died. (I tend to think this is not my fault, the jars had at least an hour and a half to cool down. Further, the jars were not that hot when handling them, with rubber gloves of course)

2. I may have tried to inoculate too many jars with a single syringe.

Why I think the lack of success is due to Spores101

The syringes I was sent did not contain very many little black spores. I find it strange that so few of my jars were successful, and like I say it took a long time for mycelium to grow, further indicating that maybe there weren’t very many spores in the syringe.

Having seen others on the Shroomery with such immediate success after inoculation, as little as two weeks, I wonder why my jars took so long.

(Additionally, the longer it takes to grow mycelium, the greater chance for other contaminants to grow.)

Regardless of who the lack of success may attributed to (me or Spores101), Spores101 does not like to return emails. I spent a lot of effort drafting a polite complaint email with no response from them at all. To me that is simply rude.

Conclusion

Indeed it is possible that my lack of success in growing mycelium may be my fault; I cannot yet affirm this. However, I tend to think that Spores101 syringes have a less then potent amount of spores in them. Further, Spores101 does not like to return emails.

My recommendation is to avoid this dealer of spores (Spores101). Please see the other negative reviews of Spores101 found on the discussion boards.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetestes
Stranger

Re: Spores101 - bad experience [Re: testes]
    #11602747 - 12/07/09 02:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I should add, just in case someone brings up the criticism.

No I did not discuss cultivation of the spores with Spores101. I was very careful to respect that dealers of spores do not like emails trying to discuss this.

OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

#11602767 - 12/07/09 02:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

fuck spores 101 i'v had similar and worse experiences with them I will never go through them again and I do not recommend anyone else does. And 3 week germination with a 75% failure rate sounds like my first syringe from them.  I had a B+ syringe from them that had a 100% no germination rate in 8 jars after a MONTH!!

they will give you a refund but seriously why go thru that mess

--------------------

Invisiblenachohippie
asshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: right around the corner Flag
Re: Spores101 - bad experience [Re: Grumpyorc]
    #11603018 - 12/07/09 02:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

didnt spores 101 recently get busted??:rabble:

--------------------

send guns, money ,lawyers, and drugs its been a long night

everything i post is a lie im a pathological liar

Offlinetestes
Stranger

Re: Spores101 - bad experience [Re: nachohippie]
    #11603345 - 12/07/09 03:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nachohippie said:
didnt spores 101 recently get busted??:rabble:

there was a thread speculating about this...

not sure if it has been confirmed.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #11604473 - 12/07/09 05:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Non Shroomery Vendor

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum