Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenoproblemshere
Stranger
 User Gallery

Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip?
    #11599840 - 12/06/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

My moose has never been a hypochondriac. She has no allergies, a clean bill of health, no history of medical problems, etc. My moose never had anxiety of any sort, in general or about psychedelics. My moose used to never think twice about the odd bodily sensations one gets from psychedelics. My moose had also used shrooms and lsd at least a dozen times before.

Anyway, two weeks ago, my moose had a bad shrooms trip on something like 7g (a large dose for her but not something she wasn't prepared for or experienced with), where she thought she was dying from an allergic reaction. Her sober sitter noticed that she looked flushed and casually remarked that one of her friends had looked like that before her throat closed from an allergic reaction. My moose then had essentially an extended panic attack that lasted the whole duration of the shrooms. All the strange bodily sensations that she would normally dismiss as being from the shrooms suddenly felt like there was something intensely wrong with her.

The next day, she felt pretty much okay but still a little focused on breathing and a little scared that her breathing wasn't normal. And a little shaken up.

A few days later she found herself having minor anxiety after smoking some weed. It wasn't too bad and eventually went away. But my moose once again felt like her throat was closing.

A few days after that, my moose made a gram of weed into food and ate it. She then had the same experience as the bad shrooms trip, though this one lasted over 12 hours.

My moose started to notice minor anxiety in her daily life starting a few days ago. Fleeting things like momentarily worrying about breathing, etc. It was also like a switch had been flipped and normal bodily sensations that people experience felt indicative of a fatal medical disorder or something. A normal skin irritation suddenly means anaphylactic shock, etc.

Last night, my moose found herself in the throes of a full on panic attack while completely sober. She hadn't taken any medication or psychedelics or weed in over a week out of fear of another panic attack. My moose, for many hours, was completely gripped by terror and panic, shaking, trying to breathe, feeling like she was dying.

The moment when my moose's friend told her about somebody's throat closing from allergies and saying, "Well, just keep an eye on your breathing," changed her entire life. Since that moment, a numb tongue from an ice cube makes my moose think it is swelling and going to block off her air.

My moose is going to be going to a doctor and a therapist. But for now, my moose needs to know if anybody has experienced this before. My moose feels like the fear of a medical disaster was cemented into place by her friend's remark while she was tripping. In that moment, everything changed.

--------------------
My moose is perpetually shpongled.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Loc: sun
Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: noproblemshere]
    #11599885 - 12/06/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

they are intenese
she let her imagination slip in to the negitive side of shrooms
thats all

she just noticed maybe her throught was a little swollen cuz she was tripin  but it was nothing because she diddent die  then

try to trip agian but maybe have something like a movie to distract her mind

--------------------
The stars relly suck tonight
Hate is so usefull i make sandwichs out of it
:sandwich:

Offlinenoproblemshere
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: mtichael]
    #11599945 - 12/06/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If my moose trips again she will certainly end up having a bad time. My moose is pretty sure most members on this website would agree that people having severe anxiety issues should not immediately take more psychedelics.

--------------------

Edited by noproblemshere (12/06/09 10:48 PM)

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

#11599985 - 12/06/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im not saying now im saying in like a month from now

i had this problem and the only thing that changed it was triping

it was like i was left hanging in a story and i couldent get to the next part no matter how i changed my thought

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11599995 - 12/06/09 10:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, you had an AWFUL sitter.  That's a horrible thing to say to someone who's tripping!  Dear god I can only imagine...  You would have been better off without a sitter at all.  What a bitch...

Unfortunately I don't really know what to tell you. If therapy helps, that's definitely a first step.  I guess I'd suggest you stay away from all drugs for a month or two, or until you've done some work with your therapist.  Take note of what medications the therapist may put you on though, as they can reduce or eliminate the effects of psychedelics for your future trips.  If you ever decide to trip again, that is.

I wish you the best of luck.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#11600013 - 12/06/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mtichael said:
im not saying now im saying in like a month from now

i had this problem and the only thing that changed it was triping

it was like i was left hanging in a story and i couldent get to the next part no matter how i changed my thought

Honestly, I'd recommend against this.  It's all about set and setting.  If you're fearful of experiencing the same side effects as last time, you're far more likely to experience them again.

I'm sure you know its all in your head.  Unfortunately, it can take a while to be able to change things that are in your head.  I'd suggest you wait until you are confident you can control this particular placebo effect.

Offlinex6h9ukfwh3p21df8
Dodge this.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11600020 - 12/06/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This is really weird, but I came on here tonight to find some posts exactly about this. Although, my anxiety isn't hypochondriac oriented, it's been well over three months since my bad trip(s) and I still haven't felt the same. I don't really know how to help you, as I am still looking for some more insight on the subject too, but I am going to see a therapist soon as well. feel free to pm if you have any other questions or want to talk - I'm kinda in the midst of one of my anxiety episodes right now.

Edited by x6h9ukfwh3p21df8 (12/06/09 10:59 PM)

Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

#11600048 - 12/06/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

noproblemshere said:
If my moose trips again she will certainly end up having a bad time. My moose is pretty sure most members on this website would agree that people having severe anxiety issues should not immediately take more psychedelics.

i told my friend that i was seeing these hooded grim reaper type things in shadows when i was high on amphetamines.. i thought he was gonna say "dont get high then" but he said (and i was shocked) "dude you gotta face them, thats the only way"

i can say now that this was the most important info ive ever gotten from another person my whole life..  you must face your problems THEY ARE YOURS..

now i see them from time to time but i know that they are a part of me and its ok.. i dont liek them but im not afraid

this is just like being anxious.  if you try your hardest not to be THEN YOUR GOING TO BE

you have to accept that its a part of you, as soon as you do that then you are healed my friend

--------------------
★★

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: x6h9ukfwh3p21df8]
    #11600062 - 12/06/09 11:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yea i wouldnt suspect a fucking moose to have a good trip...do you fuck this moose 2???and ur  animals problem is that it has hypocondria..never heard of a moose doing that though...Where are you from man Kansas????

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

Offlinenoproblemshere
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: BothHands]
    #11600063 - 12/06/09 11:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

My moose is pretty sure she's going to get some Xanax from her doctor just to have on hand in case of a random panic attack.

If my moose finds that Xanax is effective in controlling her anxiety, would it be a good or a bad idea to trip again and try to use that time to "undo" the damage done by her friend?

--------------------

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: x6h9ukfwh3p21df8]
    #11600068 - 12/06/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the only way to get out of the maze 

is to trip and relize that the maze is just headgames to keep you from that personal time with your inmagination

the mushroom is god = peace and relaxing
and if you take your headgames and play with the power of god
you are smashed and broken and your thought mirror the echo of who you use to be before that bad trip and you wish you could take it back or change it...

a therapist is only going to tell you what you want to hear

im speaking from a males prespective
and i cant say anything from a female it may be diffrent

--------------------

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

#11600072 - 12/06/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

aww shit they give everything xanax now...i thought they might give a moose something stronger like ketamine or something?

--------------------

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: Crowsonator]
    #11600084 - 12/06/09 11:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the only solution

is to drug your moose up

--------------------

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

#11600086 - 12/06/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the plants are trying to teach you something..

getting xanax is just treating the symptom

--------------------
★★

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

#11600088 - 12/06/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What happend to that motherfucker SWIM>>> Did he finally OD on that 2-cb/dfghssaawwer drug every one loves

--------------------

Offlinenoproblemshere
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: BothHands]
    #11600095 - 12/06/09 11:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'm sure you know its all in your head.  Unfortunately, it can take a while to be able to change things that are in your head.  I'd suggest you wait until you are confident you can control this particular placebo effect.

Quote:

you have to accept that its a part of you, as soon as you do that then you are healed my friend

See, the problem is that my moose has a hard time remembering that it's all in her head and accepting it as a part of her, when she feels like she is suffocating.

My moose has never in the past had a hard time with any of this. She never for a second worried when she felt all sorts of crazy shit over the course of many shrooms trips. But suddenly the most stupid and benign things are setting off these panic attacks and it's just about impossible to not keep panicking when it happens.

No amount of deep breathing, distraction, or tea took away the feeling that my moose was about to start gasping for air. And even worse that feeling continues to linger.

--------------------

Offlinex6h9ukfwh3p21df8
Dodge this.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11600097 - 12/06/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mtichael said:
the only way to get out of the maze 

is to trip and relize that the maze is just headgames to keep you from that personal time with your inmagination

the mushroom is god = peace and relaxing
and if you take your headgames and play with the power of god
you are smashed and broken and your thought mirror the echo of who you use to be before that bad trip and you wish you could take it back or change it...

a therapist is only going to tell you what you want to hear

im speaking from a males prespective
and i cant say anything from a female it may be diffrent

I don't know if I completely agree with that. I'd imagine a good therapist could work wonders, and what I think would work better, is psychedelic psychotherapy, but how anyone would find a doctor to work with that is beyond me.
I've been contemplating the same lately, taking another (much smaller) dose of mushrooms, and seeing if I can't find some closure to my inner conflicts, as anything I think of in my sober state of mind doesn't seem to stick as a solution.

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

#11600098 - 12/06/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crowsonator said:
What happend to that motherfucker SWIM>>> Did he finally OD on that 2-cb/dfghssaawwer drug every one loves

thats what SWIY ODed on

--------------------
★★

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: the human abstract]
    #11600130 - 12/06/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ill give ya therapy lol
im going to go to collage for that most likey

--------------------

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Re: Anxiety Remaining After Bad Shrooms Trip? [Re: the human abstract]
    #11600135 - 12/06/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

my bad man i just hate hearing about moose's and nigga's named swim od'ing and shit

--------------------

Edited by Crowsonator (12/06/09 11:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag