Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Murex]
    #1159047 - 12/20/02 07:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It's all good Bro.  You know that and I know that.  I just didn't want anyone else to think you were slamming them.  :smile:

Like you said, "We're all family here"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: ]
    #1159064 - 12/20/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

And one big happy family it is!  :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: World Spirit]
    #1159107 - 12/20/02 08:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

aaahhhhh Enter :smile:

so what's your question? can you rephrase again in a bit more detail? Stop being so vague and mysterious, it doens't work very well among such critical thinkers

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1159116 - 12/20/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"God Himself"?  As in, one god?  Everyone of us is a god.  :grin: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Llamanose]
    #1159127 - 12/20/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

kinda makes the word useless then doesn't it? we already have a word for "every one of us.." HUMANS.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1159453 - 12/21/02 03:29 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

hmmmm...i don't believe in god, but i don't not believe in god either.
i don't know if god exists. i don't know if we go to hevan, evlove, get reborn.just die i dont' know.
so i choose not to bleieve in one spicif thing.
i feel if i live my life, and be a good person, and be happy. that whatever comes next will all work out.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1159612 - 12/21/02 05:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

for some, sometimes, it's best to admit ya don't have an answer than to -pretend- ya do have the answer.

i do know it's better to deal with your anger, resentment, disappointment, exc. than to pridefully hold onto it, that you'll be a lot happier throughout life, and that your death will be much easier and more peaceful.

i know that i do not care for a miserable life or an agonizing death, and that i'm responsible for my health and happiness. i know that i don't want to die alone, that i want an undoubtable sense of having had very precious bondings with others in my community.

i know that those who have faith in the immediate reality of their own interior beauty will experience joy in spite of all the shitty things that beat people down.

i've went through a lot of experiences from atheism, agnosticism, mysticism, and magick, and have found some frighteningly inescapable universals that don't matter a damn what i've identified with.... consider it, bro. blessings, cj

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1159709 - 12/21/02 06:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ask questions that disprove his existence?

There is NO reason to believe that god exists at all, so what is there to question?

Throughout my whole life, nothing has ever suggested to me that god exists, not one moment, not one experience, not one unexplainable event. The fact that (pointing to Christianity) millions of people have been stupid enough to buy into a religion does not help to prove a god, but proves how weak minded many humans are.

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: trendal]
    #1159856 - 12/21/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If there is a proof of God, then God does not exist, since God is faith.

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
    #1159864 - 12/21/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I am a Non-believer.. I was Raised in a Religious Family, and Ever since day one i disliked religion.

I choose not to Worship any Deities, because doing so raises problems.. Religion has been used as an excuse for war for far to long.. and i refuse to get involved in such a mess. also i believe the Christian faith to be Soo corrupted and destroyed that it isint worth even Trying to save or follow. Child Molesting Priests, Thieves, Rapists.. They dont deserve Forgiveness but they believe that if they say they are Religious that they are forgivin.. it makes me sick to tell you the truth.

Whether there is a higher power then us, is unknown to Everyone.. there is NO proof, and you all know it, you can speak and say all you want to try and prove, but there really is nothing to prove such an existance. and nothing to prove otherwise either. so i keep a neutral stance on most religion, except the horribly Corrupted faiths

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Llamanose]
    #1159884 - 12/21/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I AM GOD.....god is me....god is you ....YOU ARE GOD

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Edited by The_Clash_UK (12/21/02 08:29 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: ]
    #1159997 - 12/21/02 09:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, that person is silly or dumb because you can't have sex with God. That person just sounds like he's angry. I wonder who hurt his feelings when he was little. Maybe he got punished when he was in Sunday school for saying bad words. Maybe someone washed his mouth out with soap or Tabasco sauce and said that Hell was hotter, and that he was gonna go to Hell for saying bad words about God. Maybe he's trying to feel brave and grown-up by saying bad words, but he really feels little and scared inside. Um, maybe one of those big crosses with Jesus stuck on it with big metal spikes, and blood all over and spikey thorns stuck in his head really scared him once. That used to scare me too. I have to take a nap now, bye bye.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1160009 - 12/21/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

People don't understand the all is one god, kinda thing

Although ive never used amanita muscaria, i heard its trips usually spell out how the all is one god thing! I guess shrooms in general do that !

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1160029 - 12/21/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Blind soul. Everything and anything in existence shouts with God's Presence. Intelligent design, from the sub-atomic to the cell to the organism to very cosmos. Symmetry. Existence Itself as opposed to non-existence. "Reason to believe" is a ridiculous assembly of words, but you and others of your opinion can't even see it's lack of logic. Reason is one mode of apprehension - belief or faith is another mode of apprehension. Reason operates with sense data - faith operates with transcendental data. Just because YOU can't perceive the Pure Idea along with it's physical manifestation, only means that YOU can't perceive it. Most blind men still believe in the existence of light, even though they can't perceive it. They have faith in the perceptions of those who can see light. Opinions like yours do not manifest strength of mind, they indicate a handicap far deeper than a person without eyesight - they are a blindness to the very core of human existence, and the root of lies. Careful who you call stupid because you're gonna get really embarrassed when you realize who actually turns out to be stupid, and I really wouldn't want your feelings to get hurt.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1160039 - 12/21/02 10:04 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

...you can't have sex with God.

Well. That's disappointing.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1160178 - 12/21/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Everything and anything in existence shouts with God's Presence.

Yes, like the sheer terror a zebra feels when the crocodile's jaws close on him, or the anguish a mother feels then she finds her baby crushed to death in the aftermath of a tornado. (Substitute your own examples.)

Fear, pain, grief and loss all scream of a Designer's loving hand? Not to me.

Now while you may say that we as humans, do not see the BIGGER PICTURE, I will have to say that I feel and recognize no love from the Universe. Is the universe complex, intricate and unfathomable? Yes. Is it personal? Not in the slightest.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1160237 - 12/21/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

There is no way to get a definitive answer, so I don't see any need to lie to myself.

Why should I have an answer? What do you mean by "to die by"?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Swami]
    #1160247 - 12/21/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Everything and anything in existence shouts with God's Presence. "

Well of course it does, if you've managed to convince yourself that everything and anything in existance were created by god. This is a prime example of an argument based entirely on a "sense" that you get. Just because you feel something is true, does not make it so.

The reason people believe in god is because they've convinced themselves that there is a god. Pretty straight forward. It works the same for believing that there is no god. Nobody has any evidence either way. People claim that their emotions, senses, and feelings are proof, but they aren't really. People have false beliefs all the time. People have simple little chemical imbalances all the time that can convince them beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are massive government conspiracies working against tehm. You can force yourself to feel and believe anything you want, but it won't make it so.

I can't help but think that believing you know the answers to these things makes you naive and arrogant. Just the fact that others feel and believe opposing things to what you feel and believe should be ample evidence that there's a pretty damn good chance you're wrong.

I would much rather die knowing that I never figured out the answers to life's big questions, than believing that a supersticious fairy tale is the key to all existance.

What's the point in having an answer if it's probably completely wrong?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

#1160260 - 12/21/02 11:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"blind soul"  etc

Sola Fides, Sola Gratia, Solus Christus, Sola Scriptura?

Sola fides viis omnipotentiae Dei adhaerere potest arcanis. Haec fides gloriatur in infirmitatibus suis ut attrahat super se potentiam Christi.?!?!?

Hardly! 

Sola Ratio dear friend  Sola Ratio

You ask us to have faith without reason?  I hope not.  For faith without reason breeds contempt, contempt of others, contempt of self, and contempt of Truth.

"May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." Jesus' Prayer Book of John Chapter 17

You wonder why the world mock's your God?  It may not be for any of the 'imagined' reasons you gave but merely because there is no evidence in front of them.  In His prayer Jesus intimated that the world would know He is the Christ if His Church was unified.  Is it?

I tell you plainly without a shred of evidence there is no reason to believe in God and every reason not to believe in Him.  And that evidence is the lives of the "believers".  Other so-called "Christians" that post here have given ample proof that either the God you believe in is a fraud or very few of His people follow Him.

That was a pretty quick nap, btw. :wink:

Cheers, 

Anonymous

Re: Don't believe in God?Shouldn't you have an answer? [Re: Phluck]
    #1160264 - 12/21/02 12:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well said Phluck! I couldn't agree with you more.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale