Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis.
    #11594922 - 12/06/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What strain of weed/hash do you smoke?

Do you even know?

Is it sativa dominant or indica or is it a mixture of both?

As we all know,sativa dominant strains produce a more psychedelic high with a lot more thoughts going on inside in your head.

Indica varieties give you a heavier all round stone,known as the "couchlock" and you tend to not get so many thoughts alike sativa strains.

Since these generally ring true,if you aren't enjoying your smoking anymore or are getting anxious, especially in groups i.e. social anxiety when stoned,you should make it your priority to seek out an indica heavy strain because it will do you wonders.

I've been smoking sativa dominant strains for a good long time and I've got bad anxiety in the past so at the time,I gave up smoking for 4 months. I was fine when I went back on.

However,sometimes I recognise when anxious thoughts are brewing and I just laugh them off because they are only produced by a plant that I smoke and it being a sativa heavy strain. The thoughts go away and I enjoy myself.

Saying all this,I recently got some squidgy black(indica) and there was no potential surfacing of anxiety or anything,it was plain sailing throughout.

This definitely rang through because right now,I've a hybrid strain(a mixture of indica and sativa) and I've the squidgy black and the hybrid has every time been a more hectic stone.

I love both but I can function a lot easier on the squidgy black.

I'm sure most if not all of you know this but there are always threads about people talking about social anxiety from cannabis and this and that.

So all I'm saying to the people who get these negative thoughts,stop smoking sativa strains and get some indica. You might not have access to it and I'm sorry if you don't but if you can,you will thank me.:thumbup:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11594941 - 12/06/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah high power weed melts my head, give me squidgy any day,

its hard to find indica weed though, the only weed being sold these days is those ridiculous sativa strains

. . . the alternative is to just eat a d-10 valium before you smoke, its class

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11594970 - 12/06/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My solution to this is either being drunk when I smoke, or eating a couple of xannies heh.

Really though, the reason I find it uncomfortable is because there is some aspect of my personality that I need to confront.. I mean the whole reason I smoke is to enjoy it, right?

I find that the more I ramp up my psychedelic usage, the less I'm able to tolerate cannabis. In the past few months I've worked my way through a whole alphabet of chemicals =/.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: Cepheus]
    #11594980 - 12/06/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

same with me, when i started smoking cannabis seemed like the best thing ever, i enjoyed every second of the high and i could get completely dicked over on smoke and have a great time,

but since i started using psychedelics my tolerance for smoke has gone way down and i dont enjoy it how i used to

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: Cepheus]
    #11594982 - 12/06/09 09:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i used to get anxiety from weed, because of psychedelic history, but

psychedelics helped with my anxiety, and even though weed is more psychedelic than it used to be, i like it, and it doesn't give me anxiety any more

indicas or sativas, i love em both, but

sativas are more psychedelic, and used to be the main contributor for anxiety, so i was always a dominant indica lover.

but i duno man

neither gave me anxiety, the anxiety was always there, and weed just amplified it.

but now it doesnt, cuz i have no reason to be anxious.

hmmmmmmmmmm

it's like

having fear,

when there is nothing to be afraid of.

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #11595006 - 12/06/09 09:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The problem is that when you are afraid you don't know there is nothing to be afraid of until after the event that is causing fear has passed and you have seen your fear was unfounded, dig?

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #11595013 - 12/06/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Its something about the brainreceptors that cannabinoids target that give you a feeling of anxiety.  In some people this feeling is expanded and it becomes a viscous cycle or thought loop.  Other people can simply ignore it or take it as part of the buzz.

I do agree that with most types of hash I don't get as much anxiety.  The sativas do seem worse.

--------------------
Our thoughts create our reality.  :strokebeard:

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#11595049 - 12/06/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Drinking and taking downer/anti depressants are good temporary solutions but you can't keep that up forever.

Although I believe there's some underlying issues resulting in the anxiety,it's also a fact that cannabis, historically,has never been as strong/potent as it is right now.

Growers are constantly breeding new species and improving their growing techniques,making the thc content in the smoke sky high.

For a few years as I started smoking,it was soap bar hash and African bush weed and they are really weak varieties. Smoking something nice was a once off treat and I'd get stoned out of my head when I did and I loved it.

Saying this,it's only potent stuff around now and it's not surprising that people are getting anxious when such strong cannabis is around.

If you have the opportunity to get indica stains which is CBD high,you should get it.

Even if your psych usage ha compounded your ability to enjoy smoking cannabis,I assure you a simple change up of varieties should do the trick.:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

#11595058 - 12/06/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I agree that Sativas definitely can make anxiety worse, but I actually found Indicas made it much worse for me.

Indica dominants make me feel retarded, thus making me more self concious of everything Im saying because Im not speaking as fluently as I would be sober. I also get lazy which makes me more critical of myself.

I prefer Sativas because I feel I have more control over my thoughts and myself. This makes it easier for me to fight those thoughts of anxiety back because I know Im high. Its hard to do that when Im locked to the couch and cant remember what I was thinking about 5 minutes ago. Hahaha

But thats just me.

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

#11595061 - 12/06/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

its impossible for me to know what strain i snoke but it feels 70/30 indica/sativa. gives me a nice solid couchlock with a mellow head high that just makes evrything fun. usually dont feel like doing much other than watching movies or playing ps3/xbox. ive not really experienced anxiety from any weed ive smoked, it always prevents my anxiety. but i can see why if it was a pure sativa why it would give people anxiety, without that nice mellowing "i dont give a fuck" effect of the indica.

Edited by ShroomerRoss (12/06/09 10:10 AM)

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: TTT]
    #11595062 - 12/06/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have natural anxiety (thanks mom!).  Weed makes it go away.  Yayayayayayay!

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

#11595079 - 12/06/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

sorry duplicate post. computer crashed

Edited by ShroomerRoss (12/06/09 10:08 AM)

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: memes]
    #11595098 - 12/06/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

smoking a more indica heavy strain helps but if youre stuck with sativa just smoking less works well too,

just a tiny pinch in a pipe, then after a while later a tiny bit more and gradually working yourself up to how wrecked you want to be, it seems to bring on less anxiety than throwing it all in a spliff or just taking one big hit from a pipe

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #11595104 - 12/06/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gobblin said:
The problem is that when you are afraid you don't know there is nothing to be afraid of until after the event that is causing fear has passed and you have seen your fear was unfounded, dig?

well i used to be afraid even though I knew there was nothing to be afraid of

because if there is nothing to be afraid of, that could lead to an infinite amount of hypothetical's.

It's irony.

There is nothing to be afraid of which is the reason why i was so afraid.

Facing your fears is the only way.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11595121 - 12/06/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I get anxiety attacks BOTH on indica and sativa if I get too high...

--------------------

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: Neuron]
    #11595214 - 12/06/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineSmittysPawnShop
Ole Hipster
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep South
    #11595388 - 12/06/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was waiting for that SWIM.

The only time I get anxious from smoking is when I have real world problems. I honestly couldnt tell what kind of bud I smoke, and Im pretty sure my dealer dosent know either, I just think of weed as weed. Same thing goes for high dollar buds vs swag. I get the same effects from either one. this is good for me because it means I dont have to invest in the expensive stuff to have a good time.

My last thought on this is that, I smoke to enjoy myself. If I feel that smoking is not going to help me do that then I dont smoke. My friends are always asking why Ill go months without smoking and my response is that I had anxiety last time I did so I needed to give it a break. I dont know how some people can be contempt bieng high all day every day. I just start getting too lazy when I do that.

--------------------
I belive that both Heaven and Hell exist on this earth. Our gift as humans is that we get to decide which realm we live in.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #11595409 - 12/06/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It really does not matter what strain of weed I or others i know that gewt anxiety from smoking weed. its jsut unstoppable. Weed is weed. the effects are similar enough to result in a panic attack no matter what type of weed I'm smoking.

Its not as easy as a fix as changing the strain of weed. It just does not work like that for us. I sort of laughed when I read your post.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Calling all of you who get negative effects(anxiety,panic attacks etc.) from cannabis. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #11595586 - 12/06/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i think weed is comparable to psychedelics in the sense that it can make some settings feel like hell ....  try going to a police station when you just had your first bong rip of the day 

Edited by skatealex2 (12/06/09 11:55 AM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #11595612 - 12/06/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've noticed this as well. I tend to get anxious from most strains of mary jane (except indica).

Most people I know say that weed makes them sleepy or lethargic, with me it's the opposite. It stimulates my mind to the point of being uncomfortable.
My body may get sleepy but my mind will keep me awake with racing thoughts.

I never noticed a difference until I lived near Cali and was able to choose between different strains. :drooling:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck