Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Shrooms and ambidexteriy
    #11592543 - 12/05/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I was shrooming yesterday while performing tasks like playing drums.  I notice that the usual biases I associated with different sides of my body went away and I had become exxentially completely ambidextrous.  I have always been more ambedexterous than most because I am left handed and grew up in a right handed world.  even so, it made no difference what hand I was using and I also could control the sticks and do other stuff in totally new ways with no trouble.  Playing different stroke rolls got realy easy.  Has anyone else felt this ambidextrous coordinational effect?  It felt like my brain was making bodily connections in ways it couldn't easily and now I feel no barriers to playing different ways because all that was stopping me was thought barriers mostly...

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIstigkeit
Good Vibrations
Male

Loc: Across The Universe
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11593211 - 12/05/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

makes sense totally awesome

--------------------

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Istigkeit]
    #11593597 - 12/05/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah man, last time I took cactus I was playing drums and it was a totally loose balls to the wall improv session. It just opens your mind and you can pretty much work through any mental block you usually have. Drums are the best tripping instrument.

When we were dropping acid a lot I got the great idea to draw with both hands at the same time. It seemed like it would work, and we drew some pretty creepy faces, but it's so hard to concentrate on both hands when you're tripping hard. It used wayy too much mental energy.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #11594084 - 12/06/09 01:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thats a great idea^

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineBuben
Hobbyist
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: dummy]
    #11594425 - 12/06/09 04:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I also thought about that, that mushrooms improve "physical skills" so to speak.
Examples:
I live on the second floor, about 10 meters from the house there is a rain drain on the road, so when I was tripping I decided to go on the balcony to smoke, be "outside", needless to say I managed to hit that water drain with the cigaret but from the second floor, I did't even think about it, I just did it, threw it to the left to compensate for the wind and it just hit perfectly, I got surprised, but though "just lucky".

Also next day after the trip:

A X made tea for me and he wanted to throw teabag on the table but did it too hard so it was going to miss but I snapped it up med air with one hand while I was doing something at the computer.

A X asked for lighter, I threw it to him, when he wanted to throw it back he failed miserably, it flew low, hard and to the left, I caught it in air with left hand in a top-down sweep.

X reaction was, nicely done!

A Y wanted to joke, he got a sand filled ball 1kg in weight, he stood 1m away while I was doing shit on my computer, so he threw that ball hard just in front of me, and I caught it with one hand.

Reaction was, too good reflexes, no fun.

I don't remember being praised for reaction a single time in my life before. I did't want to mention it before I tested it more but since this thread is created I had to take the opportunity to mention that it seems that such things get affected.

I am a drummer myself though I have no possibility to play since I live in a small apartment. But it sounds promising. My brother plays base, and we always wanted to get a place to play at, in the future. Perhaps we'll do it and create a band, playing psychedelic drum and base.

--------------------
My blog with thoughts I get.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Drugs are paradoxical, you think you can solve all the worlds problems with philosophy, but if you drop a coin you will never fucking find it.

Edited by Buben (12/06/09 04:56 AM)

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #11594570 - 12/06/09 07:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tempingasashaman said:
Drums are the best tripping instrument.

This x10.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #11596271 - 12/06/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I was shrooming yesterday while performing tasks like playing drums.  I notice that the usual biases I associated with different sides of my body went away and I had become exxentially completely ambidextrous.  I have always been more ambedexterous than most because I am left handed and grew up in a right handed world.  even so, it made no difference what hand I was using and I also could control the sticks and do other stuff in totally new ways with no trouble.  Playing different stroke rolls got realy easy.  Has anyone else felt this ambidextrous coordinational effect?  It felt like my brain was making bodily connections in ways it couldn't easily and now I feel no barriers to playing different ways because all that was stopping me was thought barriers mostly...

Absolutely.  Became much more ambidextrous thanks to shrooms - my electric guitar playing improved vastly when I could "swap" sides without that clumsy feeling.  I also found that I could watch myself playing in real time a lot better, and due to that alone my practice sessions become much more, uhm, fruitful. :grin:

Love rhythm work while tripping!

As to why the effects - well, I think psilocin and affiliated molecules improve your nerves, basically. They definitely improve neurotransmitter efficacy.  And practice trains this reaction, which could hardly be easier when you're tripping and want to make music. 

What's curious though is, yeah, reaction time improves, and since I've always had really quick reflexes, it gets almost supernatural!  Like Buben said.  The best part is the effects stay hardwired.

Peace
-PS

OfflineWhitewater
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #11596329 - 12/06/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Anything rhythmic is insanely fun when tripping. I don't know about ambidextrous improvements, but I took a lower shroom dose (.75-1.25) once and was doing some crazy stuff. I was like doing no handed cartwheels over swings and in between the chains and stuff. I fell pretty hard a few times of course, but I felt pretty coordinated.

--------------------

OfflineCMACD
The Sto)))ve
Male User Gallery

Loc: too scared Flag
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Whitewater]
    #11596680 - 12/06/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Kind of irrelevant to the OP, but both mushrooms and LSD make me feel SUPER loose & strong, as if I could smash anyone in a boxing match, mainly with superior speed. When I'm under the influence it feels like I've done all the stretching in the world, and all my muscles are ready for the most intense activity imaginable, it's cool.

--------------------

InvisiblePrimal Glitch
literally just vibing
Male User Gallery

Loc: 🌎 Flag
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: drift]
    #11597646 - 12/06/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drift said:
Quote:

tempingasashaman said:
Drums are the best tripping instrument.

This x10.

:rimshot:

--------------------

make the changa you wish to see in the world
                                                                gnome sayin'?

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Primal Glitch]
    #11598338 - 12/06/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You guys probably don't like them but this band used to play all their shows shrooming!!!  Quite a feat if I do say so myself...

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Edited by Supreme Slammage (12/06/09 06:51 PM)

OfflineLucidx
No longer a stranger

Loc: Mars...
    #11598502 - 12/06/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms make me 100% ambidextrous  LSD does absolutely nothing for my coordination.

Amphetamines allow me to move the left side of my body just as fast as the right side (like I can tap my foot and twiddle a pencil left handed as fast as right handed) but it does nothing coordination wise, kinda hard to explain.

--------------------
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada

Offlinejurrasic park
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: AUS
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Lucidx]
    #11598640 - 12/06/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

A friend of mine and I noticed juggling lemons on acid was effortless and had a special flow to it..

--------------------
:discorex:

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Lucidx]
    #11598723 - 12/06/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lucidx said:
Shrooms make me 100% ambidextrous  LSD does absolutely nothing for my coordination.

Amphetamines allow me to move the left side of my body just as fast as the right side (like I can tap my foot and twiddle a pencil left handed as fast as right handed) but it does nothing coordination wise, kinda hard to explain.

Hmm I sorta hear ya.  I feel like I can play alot harder on drums without trying as hard on amphetamines and alot faster for a bit.  That makes it easier when you need to play hard, especially for blast beats because you can focus on playing and not on hitting hard etc...

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflineMattm
Hellbent
Male

Loc: Gone Flag
    #11599289 - 12/06/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

can any1 say the same about guitar? do shrooms possibly make playing the guitar easier, cause if so i wanna give it a go lol, not sure why i haven't tried yet

--------------------
Good bye to everyone, my time here was well spent, and I think I have gained a lot from coming here. The internet has become to much of a priority for me, and I think I am ready to let it go for a while. < Who am I kidding...I'm hooked for life.

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Mattm]
    #11599563 - 12/06/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

idk about easier but its fun and makes more sense than usual

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: Mattm]
    #11599818 - 12/06/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

can any1 say the same about guitar? do shrooms possibly make playing the guitar easier, cause if so i wanna give it a go lol, not sure why i haven't tried yet

If you're into psychedelic music, certainly.  Maybe not easier, but better, and you can do things differently, which helps.  Also aids composition which is insanely cool.  Play until your fingers shred, then tape them and play more. :lol:

Peace
-PS

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

#11600104 - 12/06/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

If you're into psychedelic music, certainly.  Maybe not easier, but better, and you can do things differently, which helps.  Also aids composition which is insanely cool.  Play until your fingers shred, then tape them and play more. :lol:

Peace
-PS

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Peace
-PS

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Peace
-PS

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Peace
-PS

agreed.  Doesn't have to be "psychedelic music."  Any music can be psychedelic.  I like listening to weird music like wirde avang gaurde jazz shit, but fusion can be nice or jam, or even death metal!

I found this band tripping friday, listen to the first song.  Most amazing shit ever!!! 

http://www.myspace.com/mohenjadaro

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflineWingedWatcher
Male User Gallery

#11600150 - 12/06/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I absolutely love playing drums on shrooms. I feel like my grip on the sticks is more relaxed than normally which allows me to reach higher speeds. It doesn't seem to help me much with ambidexterity though, my left hand is still weaker/slower by a really long shot than my right.

And also, nice to meet another extreme metal drummer on this forum, supreme slammage!

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Shrooms and ambidexteriy [Re: WingedWatcher]
    #11600215 - 12/06/09 11:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hahahaha sweet!!!  Yeh idk, my grip gets better and my left and right hands don't make a difference... its weird.

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies