Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerico357
journeyman

very fine verm
    #1158981 - 12/20/02 07:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i have only been able to find very very fine verm at the stores i have shopped at. it's almost like large pieces of sand.
i am using anno's pf tek method for simple minds (anno, if you can reply that would be great)
i searched the faq and found this: http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?display=faq&nr=154&catnr=2&prog=1&lang=en
it only mentions course types and the finer types ranging from 1-2 mm to 5 mm.

will this fine type of verm work in this process, and if it does, are there any modifications that need to be made to amount of water, or brf or anything else?

thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: very fine verm [Re: rico357]
    #1159070 - 12/20/02 07:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I believe the finer verm is actually better than the courser varieties, The finer verm absorbs more water

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Offlinerico357
journeyman

Re: very fine verm [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1159171 - 12/20/02 08:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Kooooooo!
rarely happens that i do something by accident that turns out to be a good thing. lol.
i was just a little scared cause it doesn't seem to leave much air in the jar for the myc to live in.

now, do i need to alter the water content or anything else. i did everything according to MMGG and the verm didn't really look like it was covered in brf. i guess i should put more in huh? or maybe not. i have a habit of trying to "know" more about things than i have a right to. lol. i'll just wait till some professionals tell me what i should do.

OfflineGANJAnl
Stranger
Loc: ov the netherlands
Re: very fine verm [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1159186 - 12/20/02 08:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i got verm 1mm but i dont think its perfect ..so i mix it with some perlite to make the soil more water absorbing ..i think when verm is to small ...soil becomes 1 mass and dont absorbs water properly..i prefere 3mm ore 5 mm .. the bigger the better
...but there are many ways to grow it and it also grows on very fine verm..
but next time i am gonna order 3 and 5 mm big verm

hope i helped here GANJA

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
    #1159298 - 12/21/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

as far as I'm aware the only down point to finer verm is that it takes longer to colonise,
I should imagine that when it is done there will be a stronger mycellium network tho!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1159339 - 12/21/02 01:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

IME the very fine vermiculite, thus it can take more water,usually takes longer for colonization because the whole cake is more dense. But it really depends on the individual vermiculite and rice flour. if you can, try getting a rice flour that is not completely fine.

I?d suggest mixing the substrate as directed in the PF-tek for Simple Minds ( www.fungifun.org ), and paying special attention at filling the jars to not tap the substrate down whatsoever at filling the jars.

Offlinerico357
journeyman

Re: very fine verm [Re: Anno]
    #1160070 - 12/21/02 10:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanks everybody for the help.

i started over and followed the pf tek for simple minds.
i mixed the verm with water untill it was dripping just a little, then mixed in the brf. i ground it myself from whole pieces of brown rice, so it's not like regular flour. it's a little bigger (i can just barely see each little piece, kinda like beach sand).
i followed everything in the tek, except i put the ring on the top of the jars, without the metal lids.
first i folded a piece of aluminum foil in half, and put it on top of the jar, then i screwed the lid on (just the ring), then i folded the aluminum foil up (like in the pictures) and put another piece of foil on top. it seems easier to innoculate correctly through foil than my metal lids (which i did a poor job of knocking holes in).
i left the jar lids a little loose, so pressure wouldn't build up inside the jars. i hope that works lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate