Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Cops Watching Cow Pastures?
    #1158248 - 12/20/02 03:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My aunt and uncle from South Carolina recently came up to visit us for a week.  While they were here, I took a walk out in the woods with them and we got onto the subject of magic mushrooms.

They told me that in South Carolina, cops will actually park near cow pastures and wait for would-be shroom hunters to go out in the fields and start picking.  Then the pigs would pounce!

Does this actually happen?  Has anyone here come across it before?  Could the cop actually arrest you for having hallucinogenic mushrooms in your possession even if you had permission from the farmer to pick mushrooms in his field?

I just couldn't believe it when my aunt and uncle told me that cops actually do this.  And they call this the land of the free.  Hmph!  :mad:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1158492 - 12/20/02 05:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah Cops and also Over Protective Farmers have been known to work with eachother t0 bust shr00mers

F0r s0me, it is an insane (daily) battle t0 keep trespassng (but otherwse completely inn0cent) Shr00m pickers Off of their prescious pasturelands  :smirk: :wink: :smile:

Keep shr00min,
GG 

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1158498 - 12/20/02 05:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You know,

Theres Farmers that will beat u down or even sh00t u f0r being on their land and God f0rbid the cows u scared when u were 0ut there,, hehehe!~

Keep shro0mn,
GG

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1158519 - 12/20/02 05:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've never been hunting myself, but I wouldn't ever go onto a farmer's land without asking his permission first.  And I'd try not to scare any cows! :smile:  I think I would be more scared of them, anyway!

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #1158540 - 12/20/02 06:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

>Does this actually happen? Has anyone here come across it before? Could the cop actually arrest you for having hallucinogenic mushrooms in your possession even if you had permission from the farmer to pick mushrooms in his field?

Yes it does... which is one of the main reasons we prohibit people from giving out/asking for specific locations on these boards. Cops have the internet too, ya know :wink:  We don't want to give the pigs an edge they don't need.
And yes, even if you have a farmer's permission, psilocybin is still a scheduled drug, and you'll still go to jail =\

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1158755 - 12/20/02 07:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

poliece and land-owners in many areas are most defnately aware of the "problems" imposed by those who hunt psilocybian mushrooms on private lands.
one aspect of this issue is that, in many cases, there are legitimate reasons for this kind of concern. one reason is that many mushroom hunters (though not most) show little respect for the land on wich they hunt (even if it is only through the act of trespassing itself). another reason is that, from a few hundred yards in early morning fog, a farmer may not know what you are doing in the field. a lot of deer and game bird hnunters, who tend to show a whole lot less respect, will poach on privately owned pastureland.
in some cases the farmers, who may or may not be aware of why people are there, will use violent force to disscourage trespassing, and i've heard of people in northern california who carry handguns while shrooming ["for personal protection"] because of the hostility between shroomers and land-owners. obviously this compounds the potential for violence, and i strongly disagree with such practice, but the fact is that in some places such complications are present.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: canid]
    #1159105 - 12/20/02 10:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Beleive it ,and its not just in pastures !
if your'e gonna hunt on private land its always a good idea to make buddys with the owner , some have even told me where to look ,and where not ."stay a good hunard yards from that herd ,ya can't thust that bull"(sounds like good advice)
and it never herts to bring along a good lookin hippie chick ,and be prepared ta sit jaw aspell .(spit ping) :grin:
rule #2
stay out of sight from the road .
have fun and be careful  :cool: 

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: canid]
    #1159256 - 12/21/02 12:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Fresh Psilocybe cubensis mushroom are not illegal in the State of Florida. A farmer has to legally call the police to remove you fromhis property. Cops driving by a field have no right to go onto the farmers property anymore than you did.

However, cops do what they want to.

As long as the shrooms are fresh you cannot be charged in Florida.

mj

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1159291 - 12/21/02 01:56 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

MJ, cops can trespass all they want, just ask them... lol. I almost forgot about Florida. That little tecnicality angers police all the more. They take all the liberty they want to keep us from having any in some cases.
It's a bitch hunting in california, they'll see you picking in a field and stop you. You tell them you have permission, they don't believe you so they call for a backup car, then check, find out you where telling the truth, drive away (or so it seems) then when you're leaving they stop you, and proceed to illeagaly search you.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1159489 - 12/21/02 06:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thats wrong, cops will do anything they can to arrest you in florida....you just have some chance of getting off in court.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sembryoticasshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1160231 - 12/21/02 01:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sembryoticasshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: em_bre_O]
    #1160584 - 12/21/02 05:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: em_bre_O]
    #1161123 - 12/21/02 10:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fresh Psilocybe cubensis mushroom are not illegal in the State of Florida. A farmer has to legally call the police to remove you fromhis property. Cops driving by a field have no right to go onto the farmers property anymore than you did.

That is why I love this state.  If I'm ever on the wrong side of the fence, I would tell a cop that I have permission to be on the property.  Oh and these psychedelic mushrooms?  Yeah I'm taking these with me  :grin:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
    #1161175 - 12/21/02 11:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Would a park ranger bust you or call the cops? I was at a particular place in Seattle that have park rangers, I guess caretaking the arboretum/park. I was running around from tree to tree looking down and got around to some rose bushes, and an older man in a green suit came over, (I guess the wrong place to be it must have been near his office) and was warning about the rules of the place, not to pick and take out anything from the park, while he was staring intently at my little brown bag that I carried and had scored a few. I just was very polite to him and told him thank you for letting me know. Could he have called the cops and had me busted if I had a couple fresh caps in Seattle?

Patty Poacher

Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: wacked]
    #1161300 - 12/22/02 03:23 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I would imagine so. You did a good thing, just be nice to the layman. If you were approached by the cops. Dont give in to any kind of search. Your just walking through the park with your lunch.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1161396 - 12/22/02 05:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Seattle shroomers of both edible and hallucinogenic have been picking in the arboretum for fifty years. This is one of the places that the Puget Sound Mycological Society takes people on annual forays through the arboretum. It is a city park not a national park and there are only rules applying to planted vetetarian materials such as the flowers and plants paid for by city tazxpayers.

the mushrooms growing tere do not fall under any park rules, no mtter what someone in a green jumpsuit might have said to you.

I have picked both P. cyans and liberty caps fromthe arboretum at various times since 1975.

Inncuding two small patches of cyanescens only this fall.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: em_bre_O]
    #1161447 - 12/22/02 06:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Fiske vs. the state 0f Fl0rida is the law that u must understand very clearly,

Never d0es it say that the magic Shr00ms are legal 0r illegal,

What it really says, is that it d0esnt matter which species mushr00ms u are Caught picking in a pasture,,,

What matters in the Fiske vs the State 0f Fl0rida law, is that if u are kn0winglY and admittedlY harvesting psil0cybian-c0ntaining mushr00ms,
Then y0u w0uld be guilty

act as if u were c0llecting only Edible Mushr00ms, (Mead0w Mushr00ms as an example)

and u are safe under the law when harvesting edibles,
and acting c0mpletely 0blivious t0wards the fl0rida p0lice, t0 the fact that there are Psych0active mushr00ms in Fl0rida cow pastures

S0 it really sh0uldnt matter what kind 0f mushr00ms are in your bag - but it d0es matter h0w y0u Act with the bag 0f mushr00ms,

Keep shr00min,
GG

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: wacked]
    #1162046 - 12/22/02 11:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

>Would a park ranger bust you or call the cops?

He would arrest you on the spot. Park rangers are federal officers, they're ranked higher than local police. I was almost arrested over this past summer by a park ranger... you don't want to go there.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: Gumby]
    #1162366 - 12/22/02 02:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't know that Gumby.. nasty shit.

Patty Poacher

Re: Cops Watching Cow Pastures? [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1162399 - 12/22/02 03:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The DNR (Dep. of Natural Resources) can seize your property. Including, but not limited to, firearms, vehicles, properties etc. Scary...

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification