Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1024022 - 11/05/02 01:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

here in PA the ballet had three state offices wich the ballet had only two people running. For each office there was a libertarian running against either a dem or rep. I voted libertarian on all three. But for gov I voted rep so that the dem would not win (even though he is probly going to anyway). I think libertarians are trying to take over state offices and I hope they do. A libertarian ran state would be very good.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: ehud]
    #1024118 - 11/05/02 01:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

A libertarian run country would be even better.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1024615 - 11/05/02 04:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just voted.

I voted for a female independent, and a Democrat(only other choice was Rep).

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1032692 - 11/07/02 03:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>>Because I'm not a single issue voter.

Here's the way I see it.
Candidate 1 = Evil
Candidate 2 = Not as evil
Candidate 3 = Good Guy

Let's say it's a close race between 1 & 2. You like 3 but he has no chance of winning. You vote for 3 because he's "your guy". 3 gets 10 %, 2 gets 43%, 1 gets 47%. Now I realize we have no way of being sure that those who voted for 3 would have voted for 2, but your vote for 3 helped ensure that we are stuck with an evil asshole for 4 years.<<

Jesus Christ, it's a fucking election, not a horse race. You vote for the guy you like, not the one WHOM YOU THINK will win.

>>Now.... I truly wish an actual Libertarian stood a chance of getting elected. Face it though, with our current system they don't. <<

You're not helping.

This philosophy is just as bad as choosing not to vote.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: YidakiMan]
    #1033005 - 11/07/02 04:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

You vote for the guy you like, not the one WHOM YOU THINK will win.

To me, that's just foolish. By voting for the guy you like whom has no chance of winning, you take a vote away from the guy, who while not perfect, is at least better than the bad guy. If hovever we had a runoff system, where if no candidate got more than 50% there would be a runoff election, then I'd agree with you.

I don't like having to vote for the lesser of two evils. I'd rather do that though than help the more evil of the two into office.

In reply to:

You're not helping.

If you believe that... fine. I believe that I am by keeping the more evil candidate out of office.

In reply to:

This philosophy is just as bad as choosing not to vote.

No, deliberatley voting for a candidate who cannot win, while allowing the more evil of the two to win, is far far worse.

Now, if evil had 30%, not as evil had 60%, I certainley vote for the best man to send a message.

Until better candidates are selected or a runoff system of elections is put into place, I'll stick with my system.

I'm a realist.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #1033104 - 11/07/02 05:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

on the ballot the other day there was a position for represenative where two men man. One was Republican the other Libertarian. I voted Libertarian because I figured why the hell not. The race was of course not even close. like 88 to 12 I guess you would think that if everybody really wanted third parties in office they would be winning things. The country is designed for two parties. Who would be the minorty leader if there were two minorities. Or even ten minorities. I may not be worse, but it would def be diffrent.

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #1035705 - 11/08/02 12:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>>I'll stick with my system. <<

Then reap the consequences without opening your mouth in protest. For you are responsible for the consequences you shall receive.

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
    #1040154 - 11/10/02 02:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you people have to understand that the libertarians, as any other groups, have their own agenda... they want to get rid of the minimum wage for god's sake!!! now imagine going to taco bell (or whatever other shit job) and get paid $1.85 an hour!!!! jeeebus! that's fucked up! what about meat inspection? sorry, the gov't does that, and libertarians don't want gov't doing anything so you have to get sick from salmonella and eat cat food at restaurants. how about enviromental standards? try that leaded gasoline in your engine. a 3rd party is needed, but the libertarians are NOT it. we need more humane republicans that are willing to stand up for end of War On Drugs and the enviroment, while retaining our liberty to buy whatever we want and sell whatever (mostly) we want. to keep the economy in good shape and keep us safe. to make good foreign policy decisions and be good to other countries. that's what we need. but before we get these magical politicians, we have to think what gets a politician in office. WE DO. so we have to GET OUT AND VOTE and vote for those that stand behind the issues we want so politicans don't have any choice but back our decisions or get booted (that's representative democracy, folks!)

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

Edited by dickdeadly (11/10/02 02:54 AM)

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: dickdeadly]
    #1040834 - 11/10/02 01:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The Green Party are IT.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: dickdeadly]
    #1086307 - 11/26/02 02:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

RE: "they want to get rid of the minimum wage for god's sake!!! now imagine going to taco bell (or whatever other shit job) and get paid $1.85 an hour!!!!"

There are a lot of other changes this party (Libertarians) would endorse to change to change America as well. As I understand it the only real purpose for the Goverment would be National Defense... nothing more... no driver licence... no IRS... no social security... nothing...

Most see a vote for this party as a "protest vote" to wake others up, nothing more.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (11/28/02 11:29 PM)

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Phluck]
    #1086348 - 11/26/02 02:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"Why the hell are half the people not even voting? I don't get it.

If you don't vote, you have absolutely no right to complain about who's in office. "

Why the hell should I have voted?
There's no use.

But I don't really complain.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: dickdeadly]
    #1087775 - 11/26/02 03:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by Morrowind (11/26/02 03:36 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: ]
    #1087968 - 11/26/02 04:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

They are totally incompetant in actually finishing what they start- why would they be competant? Theyve never had decent experience in running a country.

The most competant politicians become dictators. The most competant managers are in business, not government. Do you think our current government is efficiently run? If any business were to cook the books like the federal government, the managers would be arrested, their accounting practices are worse than Enron's. When they make bad decisions, instead of cutting off the funding (as would happen in the private sector), they throw more money at the problem... and more... and more... Examples: the 'war on poverty' (started during Lyndon Johnson's Administration - BILLIONS spent and generations of dependants created), public education (lower quality product for more money than private education), social security (a pyramid or 'ponzi' scheme destined for bankruptcy - it's practices are illegal in private pension funds), the 'war on drugs.'

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1088086 - 11/26/02 05:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"third parties suck because theyre dumb."

And this separates them from the big parties how?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Evolving]
    #1088633 - 11/26/02 09:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1088777 - 11/26/02 10:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

youd rather have a bunch of slaphappy people poking around doing silly crap? its like having toddlers.. but politically

You are describing the current state of affairs, but I wouldn't compare them to toddlers, they are more dangerous, like adolescents. I think it was P.J. O'Rourke who said, "Giving money and power to congress is like giving alcohol and car keys to teenage boys."

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1158075 - 12/20/02 02:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dems&pubs have it set up where they will be in power for a very long time.You have to go after them one vote at a time.Check out the free state project,they have a workable plan to put the leash on the dog.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: bluesky]
    #1158096 - 12/20/02 02:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Green all the way, baby!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate