Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Re using Substrate
    #1152491 - 12/18/02 03:41 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I read this somewhere and I wanted to know what are the bad and good ideas and thoughts about re using substrate.
Like when you spawn a cake into poo then wait for it to colonize then right before its spent you tranfer it to more poo and re case. Eeehhh I dont know what to think about how good it is to keep re using it many times etc... I know it can be done but how many times? :confused:

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Re: Re using Substrate [Re: wikedanjel]
    #1152814 - 12/18/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I kinda posted this question, and got varied answers. I'll tell you from my experience, it doesnt work. For some reason i never got colonized poo to spawn poo anywhere but in the outdoor arena. It just doesnt seem to want to spawn... I have no idea why. Someone told me it was a lack of nutrients.. But i dont see how that would effect it, since you are putting the spawn into a hole SHIT load (literaly) of new, untapped nutrients. Best i can tell you, is give it a try, and pay really close attention to moisture content. Also, if it were to work, it'd take longer, and that means you'd have to be really keen on your pasterization process. Just my opinions from past experience... Good luck.

--------------------

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Re using Substrate [Re: Floydseamus]
    #1153930 - 12/19/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I kinda posted this question, and got varied answers. I'll tell you from my experience, it doesnt work. For some reason i never got colonized poo to spawn poo anywhere but in the outdoor arena. It just doesnt seem to want to spawn... I have no idea why. Someone told me it was a lack of nutrients.. But i dont see how that would effect it, since you are putting the spawn into a hole SHIT load (literaly) of new, untapped nutrients. Best i can tell you, is give it a try, and pay really close attention to moisture content. Also, if it were to work, it'd take longer, and that means you'd have to be really keen on your pasterization process. Just my opinions from past experience... Good luck.

I was thinking maybe if you just let it colonize and then go mix it, it would work... I dont see why not.

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#1154260 - 12/19/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well i didnt see why not either, and i talked to the god father of poo about it, and he said he'd never tried it. I just never got it to work anywhere except outside. Like i said, i got mixed responses, and only offered an opinion out of my limited experience with it. Please let me know if you get it going. I'd like to end the personal debate about this. (It keeps me awake at night  :crazy:) lol Good luck 

--------------------

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1155406 - 12/19/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well its too bad that no one besides you answered  :mad:

--------------------

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1155451 - 12/19/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I ve taken a chunk of mycellium from a cake, and put it in an unconolized jar, and it colonized the jar.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Re using Substrate [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1155489 - 12/19/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I ve taken a chunk of mycellium from a cake, and put it in an unconolized jar, and it colonized the jar.

yeah I dont think that it has ever been questioned it does work.
Thats why I want to know why it wouldnt work with poo.
I dont get where the lack of nutrients would be.

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1155501 - 12/19/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I am pretty sure it would work.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#1155581 - 12/19/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1155626 - 12/19/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Re using Substrate [Re: SixCee]
    #1155632 - 12/19/02 03:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yep it should work... I see no reason why not but the lack of responses makes me skeptical because if I would ask hey can I boil BRF and Verm then everyone jumps and says yes... to quiet :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by wikedanjel (12/19/02 03:12 PM)

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

#1156794 - 12/20/02 01:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well good luck... Let me know, dont forget about me  :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
    #1157908 - 12/20/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes if it works then I will let the world know  :laugh: If it doesnt then ill just be real sad :frown:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1158039 - 12/20/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think the difference between transfer of mycelium and spent substrate is that it is simply spent.  It will continue to flush as long as new nutrients are added to the existing full network, but as it has already existed for a while, transferring nutrients around, its not growing as vigorously.  Its not used to growing anymore, its used to transferring nutrients and other things around. So, its tired, not ready to form a new colony, and if it does colonize, its weak and takes a long time.  If you took a chunk before fruiting, then it would work a lot better, as its still in its "vegetative" state, even though thats not quite the right word.

Of course, I can back this up with nothing except my own experience with old mycelium.  It makes sense, but has no proof behind it. :crazy: 

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: Re using Substrate [Re: ]
    #1158108 - 12/20/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know I fruited PF cakes for 2 flushes, and then cased them still colonized,and fruited.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Re using Substrate [Re: ]
    #1158179 - 12/20/02 01:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I think the difference between transfer of mycelium and spent substrate is that it is simply spent. It will continue to flush as long as new nutrients are added to the existing full network, but as it has already existed for a while, transferring nutrients around, its not growing as vigorously. Its not used to growing anymore, its used to transferring nutrients and other things around. So, its tired, not ready to form a new colony, and if it does colonize, its weak and takes a long time. If you took a chunk before fruiting, then it would work a lot better, as its still in its "vegetative" state, even though thats not quite the right word.

Of course, I can back this up with nothing except my own experience with old mycelium. It makes sense, but has no proof behind it. 

Now that makes a whole lot of sense... But half way thorugh this I kind of changed my mind and started thinking If I were to spwan on poo then when it is colonized before fruiting can I through it in a bigger batch of poo... Do you see any probs in this? The whole point is to use the the colonized poo to colonize more poo.  :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate