Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeeker23
Stranger
Male
Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? * 1
    #11579822 - 12/03/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good evening,

I'm thinking of doing truffles in Amsterdam and have a quick question.  Has anyone who has ever tried cubensis tried truffles?  What is the difference?  Is there a difference?  The reason I ask is because I have experience with cubies and know what they are like.  Also, are there any particularly good trip reports on the website where people have done truffles?

Thanks,

S23

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: Seeker23] * 1
    #11579844 - 12/03/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Truffles?  Is english your first language?  Mushrooms are mushrooms, truffles are mushrooms.  I'm assuming cubensis truffles are cubensis mushrooms...

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: Cognitive_Shift] * 1
    #11579911 - 12/03/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You know psychedelic mushrooms are illegal there now, right?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybear
Psilocybe Guitarist
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side Of The Moon
Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: LSDreamer] * 1
    #11580024 - 12/03/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

To Cognitive Shift: a Truffle is a Truffle, a Mushroom is a Mushroom. They're both Fungi though.

LSDreamer: I'm pretty sure the truffles (aka Philosopher's stones) are NOT in the Netherlands banned list. Smart shops still sell these over there.

To the OP: The trip should be like any other psilocybin trip.
Be sure to be on a nice, calm setting.

--------------------
Everything stated through this account is fiction.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: Psilocybear] * 1
    #11580037 - 12/03/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybear said:
To Cognitive Shift: a Truffle is a Truffle, a Mushroom is a Mushroom. They're both Fungi though.

thanks.  i don't know the difference.

--------------------

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: Cognitive_Shift] * 1
    #11580050 - 12/03/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Quote:

Psilocybear said:

thanks.  i don't know the difference.

Mushrooms grow above the ground, truffles grow below the ground.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: FractalDust] * 1
    #11580055 - 12/03/09 09:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OKAY!  Some people use pigs to smell them out, the ones that are rare and valuable.  Alright, the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybear
Psilocybe Guitarist
 User Gallery

Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: Psilocybear] * 1
    #11580058 - 12/03/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think that the most distinct difference is that truffles are fungal fruit bodies that develop underground, and mushrooms develop above soil or other nutrient-giving surfaces.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybear
Psilocybe Guitarist
 User Gallery

Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: FractalDust] * 1
    #11580069 - 12/03/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Damn you beat me to it! :tongue: But yeah that's it1

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: Is there a difference between psychedelic mushrooms and truffles? [Re: Seeker23] * 1
    #11585387 - 12/04/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Has anyone who has ever tried cubensis tried truffles?  What is the difference? Is there a difference?

"Magic Truffles" are actually a type of sclerotia.

There are three main types of sclerotia on sale in Amsterdam:

Psilocybe Tampanesis (slightly milder then Mexicana)
Psilocybe Mexicana
Psilocybe Atlantis (slightly stronger than Mexicana)

In terms of tripping, there's not that much difference between sclerotia and cubensis. As a rule, the Amsterdam smart shops say that sclerotia are "less visual" but on a comparable dose I'm not sure that's really true. Open eye visuals might not be too spectacular, but the CEV are just the same. It's a debatable point, similar to the arguments about the effects of different strains of mushrooms.

Click the link for a Sclerotia FAQ I posted on another website. It's got all the information you are likely to need, specifically related to Amsterdam.

To convert your normal cubensis dose to a dose for sclerotia, a VERY ROUGH guide is as follows: 1g dry cubensis = 5g fresh sclerotia.*

Don't make the mistake of assuming that because sclerotia are still legal, they must be a weaker version of mushrooms. 20g of Atlantis gave me a strong trip with religious delusions. 30g of Atlantis gave me a very unpleasant spiral towards damnation followed by ego death and religious delusions:eek:.

That Atlantis sclerotia is strong stuff. I'm planning to keep my future doses somewhere between 10g and 20g, depending on what I'm going to do during my trip. 10g Tampanesis might be OK for a museum visit, 20g Atlantis is not a dose I would even consider taking in public (I usually do a solo trip in my hotel room).

In terms of trip reports, there's this short one - 7.5g Mexicana and this one - 16.5g Tampanesis. Those are the most useful ones I can find, in fact there's not many trip reports featuring any kind of sclerotia.

Have Fun in Amsterdam!

*on the assumption that 1g dry cubensis = 10g wet cubensis and 10g wet cubensis = 5g wet sclerotia. This Sclerotia info page says that "fresh sclerotia is twice as potent as fresh cubensis" and the Mushroom Dosage Calculator says that "Mushrooms are ~90% water when fresh".

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract