Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

Galerina question
    #11579676 - 12/03/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Edit: Do you get pyschoactive effects from Galerinas?

I've been on mushrooms before. I've been on these mushrooms that I've picked from this season. Others have been on these mushrooms I picked. I ate some more today, but am really really paranoid about Galerina poisoning.

Made some tea this morning 8:30am. Sliced 6 dried cyans (rather small ones and immature), placed in tea bag. applied and sat in water. drank maybe a third of the tea. I DID NOT eat any actual bits. I felt a small high for maybe two hours.
I had a lot of anxiety on the come up. butterflies in my stomach.

For some reason. I just can't trust myself anymore. What did I do?
Am I okay? I feel fine, just really really nervous. I'm sweating. I think i'm tricking myself to believe I am poisoned. I've already been to the bathroom, by choice and nervousness, a lot.

I'm sober now, but freaking out! My stomach feels funny (mind playing tricks on me, and being nervous).

It's been 10 hours since I've consumed the mushrooms. I can't sleep.
I am really freaked out.

I am done with mushrooms for a while I can't handle this anxiety.

Can anyone reassure me? Should I go to a poison center? What do I do there?

Here is a thread in regards to my previous worries about this patch I picked: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11399804

--------------------
I like folding textures, and changing colors. I like delay and reverse reverberations.

Edited by watts (12/03/09 08:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: Galerina question [Re: watts]
    #11579722 - 12/03/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Can I go to a poison center tonight to test to see if I have any amatoxins in my body?

--------------------
I like folding textures, and changing colors. I like delay and reverse reverberations.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #11579740 - 12/03/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

There is a psychedelic Galerina.  They are VERY rare.  If you haven't had diarrhea or vomited by now you are fine.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: Galerina question [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11579753 - 12/03/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wait, did you mean you vomited when you said, "on the come up"?

--------------------

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

#11579764 - 12/03/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the reply mr. mushrooms. A question for your response:

Considering the fact that I had brewed a small amount of mushrooms, AND drank a small amount of the final tea product, would this affect the chances of me throwing up or having diarrhea by now?

--------------------

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

#11579770 - 12/03/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No. I have not thrown up. The come up was the initial trip phase. Sorry for the wording.

i have not puked. I have dropped the kids off at the pool many times today (this is because I felt nervous and wanted to check what was going on, so I tried to go to bathroom more than needed), and they were all kids, not messy buckets of poo.

--------------------

Edited by watts (12/03/09 08:25 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11579786 - 12/03/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This is a good subject I should know more about. Is there an online "effects timeline" showing the typical reported effects after Galerina consumption?

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11579802 - 12/03/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I would think tea would make you vomit quicker, but I don't know.  What I do know is you are fine.  The residual anxiety is probably the result of the psychoactive properties of the mushroom.

If I were you I would find ways to reduce that anxiety from now on or quit taking them.  Another thing would be to ONLY consume cyans or whatever that blued.  If they don't stain blue leave them alone.  That is an excellent test for gilled mushrooms.

I'm glad to know you are OK.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: Galerina question [Re: World Spirit]
    #11579806 - 12/03/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

World Spirit said:
This is a good subject I should know more about. Is there an online "effects timeline" showing the typical reported effects after Galerina consumption?

Quote:

Amatoxin poisoning has a characteristic latent period of 6-12 hours postingestion before onset of clinical symptoms. After this asymptomatic period, abdominal cramping, vomiting, and profuse watery diarrhea (rice water, choleralike) occur. Fluid losses may be severe enough to cause profound dehydration and even circulatory collapse.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/820108-overview

There ya go.

--------------------

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: Galerina question [Re: World Spirit]
    #11579835 - 12/03/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, a lot of these cyans I picked were young. This was my first picking year and I was happy enough to have gotten some. I was told young ones might not bruise/blue the same as mature ones.

8:30pm (one hour from now) will be the 12 hour mark for the consumption. The only discomfort I have is mental anxiety and stomach nervousness.

I think I'm done with this patch I still have saved up. I know they are all cyans, but when I'm high, I don't know.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11579856 - 12/03/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I was told young ones might not bruise/blue the same as mature ones.

I don't know where you heard that.  I've heard just the opposite.

Well, at least you're OK.  That anxiety crap can be hard to conquer.  One time I thought I had poisoned myself on cubensis and everything I had read about it was a lie.  I thought for sure I was od-ing.  Mushrooms can give you strange thoughts.

--------------------

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

#11580213 - 12/03/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Strange thoughts indeed. Thanks for all your help Mr. Mushroom.
I called my local poison control and the guy said I would have been having violently throwing up by now.

The only thing I fear, in the back of my head, is that 6-24 hour window. What if I throw up horribly at 3am this morning? I read that death takes a week.

I am just a worry wart :<

Cold medicin, valarean root, and melotin will help me sleep tonight for sure.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11580263 - 12/03/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, no problem.  Just helping out someone who's where I was.

Cold medicine, Valerian and melatonin sounds good to me.

If you haven't thrown up by now you're not going to.  Good idea calling the center too.  I'm glad they repeated what I said.

Be well.

--------------------

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

#11580342 - 12/03/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup::obama::thumbup:

I have to write a paper, small one, for my music theory class, and I'm having such trouble focusing, ha ha.

I am tricking myself. My whole body is so nervous, my stomach feels so warm, I keep thinking, is this me about to throw up? No I am fine. I have no bodily need to puke. I am just nerve wrecked. I will feel mentally better tomorrow, and even better so in a week.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomman2
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11580450 - 12/03/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I used to have major mental issues with eating the mushrooms but not with drinking the tea. I dont know why but everytime i eat them i kind freak out a bit. I just do tea now. makes for a less turbulent ride for me.

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

#11580783 - 12/03/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Do you have to have symptoms of throwing up and diarrhea? What if I somehow am skipping those symptoms and going right to kidney and liver damage? Don't those cause vomiting anyways?

It has been 13.5 hours since ingestion. I feel fine. Just.. freaking myself out more than I need to. especially with finals week here.. :eek:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11580801 - 12/03/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nope.  You have to have either vomiting or diarrhea to qualify.  You're riding the :failboat:  Sorry.

From one worry wart to another.

--------------------

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

#11580904 - 12/03/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

nice! I like this failboat. a lot.

Lol @ the guy at the poison control center, he sounded completely bored and uninterested with my call.

I can imagine him, based on the timbre of his voice and enthusiasm level, that he would be thinking

"yeppp.. another college student in Seattle calling about mushroom poisoning.."

but when I said Psyilocybe Cyanescen, his voice perked up a bit. He then began to talk to me person to person like he was a friend. I guess it helps to know your terminology when trying to sound legit.
note to self: dont call the poison center saying you ate some fungi and feel funny, will I die?

almost done with my school report!

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11580940 - 12/03/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
    #11581764 - 12/04/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Young specimens of Psilocybe cyanescens must not be underrated in their effect!

As many people might have noticed, from time to time a mushroom trip doesn't manifests in the "regular" way, with moving objects, bright colors etc., but is almost completely psychological. So you're perception of situations is altered, why nothing else seems to happen.
The scale the intensity a mushroom is rated normally, doesn't count when these kind of trips happen.

It's tricky to deal with them, because you might think you've definitely lost your mind.

From time to time a trip can last for 10 hours or even longer. When it's a negative trip, this can be extremely hard to handle. But in the end, every thing's going to be back to normal.

It seems you just had your first (I don't really know if was your first) bad trip.

Offlinewatts
dreamer
Male User Gallery

Re: Galerina question [Re: Fahkface]
    #11582810 - 12/04/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Not my first trip. I've had fear in a trip before but only lasted maybe ten minutes. This was the first time where I really was in dead-on fear for hours on end.

strange little things in the ground for sure.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom