Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebudbro
Stranger

First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated.
    #11576435 - 12/03/09 02:16 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So I decided to take 1/16th of mushrooms yesterday. It was a relatively mellow day and I took it around 2pm. It lasted until 8:30pm. The first hour I was feeling a little bit high. The second hour colors started to intensify and I felt a rush of confidence for no apparent reason. I stopped smoking weed for about a month because I was always burnt out. I've been going through a month of bad withdrawal. So my brain chemistry is still adjusting to being normal. I've been feeling out of it lately trying to discover who I was before I smoked weed. So during the third hour I was relatively peaking and waves of emotion was hitting me. I was really happy one second and then really sad the next. I was tripping with my friend so we were very comfortable at first. I invited more people to come over my place to chill (they were sober). This change of environment really bugged me out. I had to leave the environment. It really killed my trip and it effectively made me feel really shitty for no reason. I told all the sober kids to leave my house and it was just me and my friend again. I felt much better when the people left, but this put me in a shitty state afterwards. My friend eventually left around 6pm. After that it was me in my room alone trying to figure out what I wanted to do from then on. Then all of a sudden I started to break down and get really emotional. I cried for about an hour and then wrote that all that I was feeling when I was tripping. I felt much better after getting it all out. I kind of felt like a new person, well not a new person just the person I used to be before smoking weed. Has mushrooms revealed this to me? Did it bypass my brain filter? Let me know your thoughts as to why you think I got all emotional all of a sudden.

Would anyone suggest me taking shrooms by myself for more self-reflection?

Edited by budbro (12/03/09 02:21 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemufasa
guerilla grower

Loc: Flag
Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: budbro]
    #11576452 - 12/03/09 02:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

good thinking to let your feelings out through writing. I'm guessing that you just needed a more mellow environment without a bunch of people.

--------------------

OfflineInfirno112
Male

Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: mufasa]
    #11576494 - 12/03/09 02:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

also- sounds like you may have been thinking too much about everything, maybe try to focus on relaxing more. weed would probably help but like you said you have stopped, which probably caused you more anxiety. also dont trip around people that arent tripping as well, and keep the numbers small. no more than 3 other people i would say, many more and it starts to make problems sometimes. maybe try tripping alone, its really quite amazing.

OfflineGutteralRetch
Third Eye Opened
Male

Loc: Bay Area
Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: mufasa]
    #11576517 - 12/03/09 02:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mufasa said:
good thinking to let your feelings out through writing. I'm guessing that you just needed a more mellow environment without a bunch of people.

Agreed... a couple trips I had there were too many people and it was just too overwhelming. Stick with smaller, intimate groups. Sorry you had a not so good trip, but just remember trips can be good/bad or both. And now you know what to do for next time! Good job keeping it together though :laugh: Meditation is awesome....

--------------------
GuTTErAL rETCH ~ PRYING OPEN MY THiRD EYE

Has anyone else felt like this?

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: budbro]
    #11577394 - 12/03/09 05:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Has mushrooms revealed this to me? Did it bypass my brain filter?

Mushrooms have some strange effects. The scientific understanding of how they work is not detailed enough to know exactly why trips are the way they are. See this FAQ question - How Do Shrooms Work. Mushrooms certainly put you in an altered state which can give you a new perspective on your life, so I suppose they do "reveal things" that can change how you feel about yourself.

As for brain filters, your guess is as good as mine. Possibly you become aware of brain processes that are normally unconscious. Possibly the psilocin disrupts normal processing in the brain, and that causes weird effects. Possibly the flows of information from one part of the brain to another are altered. Probably all three. Who knows?

Quote:

Let me know your thoughts as to why you think I got all emotional all of a sudden.

Like it says in the link, mushrooms affect the serotonin system in the brain, which has a role in controlling mood. It's common to get changing emotions during a trip. Sometimes this might be fairly random (happy one moment, sad the next, just like you describe).

Also, recent experiences in your life, the people you trip with, and the environment you are tripping in, can strongly affect your mood during a trip (not alway in a predictable way). That's what they mean by "set & setting."

If you've had a month of 'bad withdrawal' and you've been trying to discover who you are, it's not too surprising you got emotional. The mushrooms can magnify feelings you were having already. It sounds like you dealt with the experience in a positive way by letting yourself cry and writing your feelings down. No harm in that; mushroom trips aren't always euphoric and crazy.

Quote:

By yourself or in a small group sounds good. I wouldn't focus too much on aiming for self-reflection, I'd just take the mushrooms in a relaxed environment and see for yourself where the trip goes.

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11577643 - 12/03/09 05:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

highly. sounds like shrooms gave you an oppurtunity for self-reflection in a new light, I don't know if you usually are like this, or if you break down a lot....

breaking down was not just an effect of shrooms, it was something real inside you wanting to get out.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineColdGear
Stranger
    #19308599 - 12/21/13 06:19 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

My first trip was similar to yours, made me feel like my life was meaningless but i didnt by myself in the dark

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: ColdGear]
    #19308648 - 12/21/13 06:34 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Tripping around sober people is really not cool at all, no surprise your trip got worse when a buncha people showed up, that weren't on the same journy/trip as you.

I prefer solo trips, they are much better, tripping with other people who dose up is ok too, but solo is much better imo.

OfflineSgtPepperNo9
Stranger

Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #19309228 - 12/21/13 09:37 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Agree with the group thing being not so fun.

Sounds like it was just tripping man.  1 trip you will be all about music and just listening to the sounds for hours.  The next you just want to stare at nature.  The next you are dissecting your life and past.  The next you are thinking about spirituality and why we are one earth.  The next you feel like you are in a hole and dying and all alone. 

Obviously not in that order or even those exact things.  What I am trying to get at is every trip is different.  You may look at this experience as a bad trip but try and think about what it taught you.  I have had many uncomfortable trips that I came out of refreshed because I had solved some inner problems, etc. 

Your emotions will swing on shrooms.  I have cried on them many times because I saw something beautiful, laughed until I couldn't anymore, or realized something about myself maybe I didn't want to.  That is part of the magic of them.  Let them teach you...

OfflineSgtPepperNo9
Stranger

Re: First Shroom Trip Experience, Depressing trip. comments appreciated. [Re: SgtPepperNo9]
    #19309238 - 12/21/13 09:38 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

AWWW TRICKED INTO POSTING ON A 4 YEAR OLD POST...:mad:

Damn, thats a first for me.  Maybe im too drunk.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience