Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

8 Circuits of Consciousness
    #11373311 - 11/02/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone read about this stuff? Its absolutely, utterly genius. It explains the psychedelic experience better than anything I have encountered

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:0jbFUPy8e0AJ:deoxy.org/8circuit.htm+timothy+leary+on+the+nervous+system&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenaturallyunnatural
Paradoxial Existential Life
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: JackofSpades]
    #11373329 - 11/02/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I COULDN'T FUCKING AGREE MORE, BRO! I LOVE THAT SHIT! :w0ahhhhmahnnn:

--------------------
:dna: :sainthofmann: :dna:

"Take time  to stop and be the flowers." - Albert Hofmann

Does anyone want to send me a free Psilocybe cubensis spore syringe? PM me!:pm:

OfflineSomnivore7
Psychonaut

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: naturallyunnatural]
    #11373368 - 11/02/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

interesting.

--------------------
No one ever becomes what others thought they should have been.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: Somnivore7]
    #11373472 - 11/02/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Once you start to climb up the levels you realize that everything in their is accurate.

The problem is your nervous system jumps from circuit to circuit depending on the situation.

The key is to know which circuit your operating in at all times while learning how to balance all of them.

If you neglect a certain circuit, it kind of sets you off balance.

Read Angel Tech. It answers all this shit. I was honestly lost as a person until I seriously started looking at Robert Anton Wilson's and Timothy Leary's work.

Whoever hates Leary entirely misunderstands him and what he did. He was beyond a visionary.

However, to be true to Wilson, I could just be full of shit and convincing myself this stuff is true--that is certainty a possibility.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Edited by JackofSpades (11/02/09 10:33 PM)

OfflineBig Bird

#11551484 - 11/29/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm reading angel tech right now. Very good so far, dense and confusing at times though, haven't read any of Antero's stuff.

Anywho the model makes a SHIT LOAD of sense even if its not entirely accurate about the circuits. It definitely outlines the different types of intelligence and is extremely useful.

Robert Wilson's Prometheus Rising should be required reading for everyone with a working brain, glad i found it before angel tech. READ THIS BOOK, regardless of your opinions on the 8 circuit "MODEL" keyword:model. RAW is a genius

BTW Has anyone read Antero's new book?

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: Big Bird]
    #11551776 - 11/29/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Im not sold on the definite separation of these "circuits" or the conclusive details he comes up with ('This is why so many pot-heads are STAR TREK freaks and science fiction adepts' lol), but the big picture is painted beautifully.

--------------------

OfflineTiN
Stranger

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: auxiliary]
    #11551826 - 11/29/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I LOVE deoxy

OfflinePancakes
Yogi
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #11551958 - 11/29/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Robert Wilson's Prometheus Rising should be required reading for everyone with a working brain

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
Above all things the flights and sublime ecstasies of the soul cannot submit to the statements of any church or any creed.
- Walt Whitman

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #11552380 - 11/29/09 10:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That was really interesting. I think we exist in multiple circuits of consciousness at once rather than traveling between each individually.

I love Leary as well. His book High priest is one of the most intense intellectual journeys i have ever been on. I really recommend it. I think a lot of his views on psychology and philosophy could cure many of the currently incurable mental illness if they were embraced.

He's a really out there guy, no doubt about it, but that's part of what makes him so interesting.

Edited by DimensionX (11/29/09 10:37 PM)

Offlinefugazi32
Hardcore Raver & Junglist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Milton Keynes, England
Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: DimensionX]
    #11553330 - 11/30/09 03:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've read Comic Trigger 1 and The Illuminatus! Trilogy, and those books changed my life! I will get round to Prometheus Rising soon enough!

--------------------
“Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson

It is so obvious: Psilocybin Mushrooms are living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! :mushroom2:

OfflineBig Bird

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: DimensionX]
    #11554138 - 11/30/09 10:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DimensionX said:
That was really interesting. I think we exist in multiple circuits of consciousness at once rather than traveling between each individually.

I love Leary as well. His book High priest is one of the most intense intellectual journeys i have ever been on. I really recommend it. I think a lot of his views on psychology and philosophy could cure many of the currently incurable mental illness if they were embraced.

He's a really out there guy, no doubt about it, but that's part of what makes him so interesting.

Well yea i agree it doesn't necessarily mean we run on one individual circuit at all the time, or that anyone is better than the other. Were just the software moving around the hardware.  The idea is that they all work together forming a dynamic and functioning whole.

The thing i didn't like about prometheus rising is he seemed to be emphasizing the higher ones while too often associating the lower ones with all the problems and bad things humanity has created, instead of explaining how stabilizing and integrating each lower function of intelligence supports the higher counter parts potential.. 
I find it extremely interesting how their view of synchronicity seems to relate with Terence's.. I suppose you could say the experiment at la chorrera was nearyly aimed at sustaining full 8th circuit nonlocal quantum activity making the brain resonant with the entire universe. God i'm fucking stoned.  :smoker:

Offlinedointhangz
Wildlife Analyst

#11557510 - 11/30/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have nothing to add, just posting so others can see this again, and so I can read this in the future..

OfflineSmeeeeg
Entheogenic Philosopher
Male

#11557658 - 11/30/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, leary was quite the remarkable mind.
The way he made this, was very very intelligent, no doubt about that.
Its interesting how he states how these vegtables relate to evolutionary and terresstrial states. and the best part is it all makes sence

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: Smeeeeg]
    #11557835 - 11/30/09 07:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think that his circuit model is largely useful and accurate with regards to the different kinds of thought levels in humans.

however I also think, so far, that it contains a lot of BS. I don't see where he gets the notion that the circuits are located in either hemisphere when we know that both hemispheres are active all the time?
I don't understand where all the genetic intelligence stuff comes from.

He just talks about it as if it is true

I don't think space travel of the kind leary dreamed of is really that likely or intrinsic to our life or future. but I can see how it would seem that way 40 years ago

--------------------

Offlinedisconnect
Stranger

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11557883 - 11/30/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Leary may have constructed some of his ideas on incomplete information of the time, but the general principles are spot on. The next step in human evolution may very well be a psychological one.

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: disconnect]
    #11557966 - 11/30/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#11557999 - 11/30/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i think his space travel was partially along the lines of just your perception, not actually physically going to space...kind of like permanent DMT space rapture...just an idea...

but seriously 8 circuits shit is spot on once you become self-aware of it enough you realize he knew his shit.

--------------------

Offlinedisconnect
Stranger

#11558108 - 11/30/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"Jonestown, the Guyana location of the Jim Jones cult and Peoples Temple mass suicide, was thought to be a test site for MKULTRA medical and mind control experiments after the official end of the program. Congressman Leo Ryan, a known critic of the CIA, was assassinated after he personally visited Jonestown to investigate various reported irregularities"

Holy shit! :eek:
[/puts on tinfoil hat]

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: 8 Circuits of Consciousness [Re: disconnect]
    #11558127 - 11/30/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

disconnect said:
Leary may have constructed some of his ideas on incomplete information of the time, but the general principles are spot on. The next step in human evolution may very well be a psychological one.

yes but this evolution would involve something other than natural selection. does he explain this process or just take it for granted?

--------------------

Offlinedisconnect
Stranger

#11558933 - 11/30/09 10:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I honestly can't say, as I haven't read a lot of his works; he may mention the 'purpose' elsewhere. The way I see it, however, is that unless humankind learns to coexist with itself and its environment, it will rip itself apart. In this sense, evolution of consciousness plays a necessary part in natural selection: if we don't fundamentally grasp the truth (that I am no different from you, and that hurting another person - or the environment - is the same in every way as hurting myself), we will simply die out. I don't need to point out that the clock is ticking, and we are well on our way to a possible extinction.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder