Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineisabellegoddess
Stranger
thinking about human suffering (whileshroomin)
    #1153453 - 12/19/02 01:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

do any of you have the tendency to think about suffering while you are on mushrooms? this happens to me almost everytime, sometimes i experience some pretty disturbing images, mo st of the time its tragic stories, or stories that have tragic consequences. another thing is that you can imagine with so much more vivid detail and depth of emotion, yourself living the images of suffering which I think might be part of the dying being reborn thing, or at least the parts where you psychology feel afflicted by those images and feelng your body bing complety dismembered and eaten away by the pain, so when you are at the verge of physical death, the light of god enters your soul... or something like that.
i guess it also has christ things, like taking on the suffering of the world but its not too much like that for me.
what usually happens is I start thinking about history, i think about wars a lot and the problems countries have with each other, the times of crisis, and it comes at such an intense rate,
then sometimes i think about violence in america, i particularly think alot about child abuse
i was wondering if anybody else has similar images while shroomin nd what they are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineisabellegoddess
Stranger
... [Re: isabellegoddess]
    #1153455 - 12/19/02 02:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

oops im sorr this may not be the right forum

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: thinking about human suffering (whileshroomin) [Re: isabellegoddess]
    #1153506 - 12/19/02 02:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>where you psychology feel afflicted by those images and feelng your body bing complety dismembered and eaten away by the pain, so when you are at the verge of physical death, the light of god enters your soul... or something like that.

No, this is the right forum.

What you are describing is the classical shamanic state.  You are being re-built.  Focussing on pain and suffering is not common with the mushroom, but it does happen.  The mushroom is a mirror.  You are obviously a compassionate, empathetic person and the experience augments those qualities within yourself.  You can ride this pain to a new understanding of the world and your place in it.

On the other hand, if you'd just like to have an enjoyable time with the mushroom once in a while, I would suggest banishing the darker influences with a quick ritual before you begin.  You don not have to solve all the world's problems today, you know!  First thing in the morning, maybe...

:smile:

the Landotter 

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1153521 - 12/19/02 02:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i think about taht stuff a lot when i'm tripping. and i wish theres was something i could do. but lets face it. you cna't help everyone. just think, right now, this very moment, someone is going hungery, getting beaten, getting raped.
it's sad, but you can't help everyone. though you wish you could. but it will never change. humans will always be the most distructive animal, and we are most distructive to eachother.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1153522 - 12/19/02 02:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Think about compassion. It's a feeling with one of the highest frequency level. Those who can achieve it sincerely, reach god, nirvana, truth, universe, the whole with a pure essence, it truly teaches us about how simple our existence is by understanding others nature.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (12/19/02 02:41 AM)

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: thinking about human suffering (whileshroomin) [Re: MAIA]
    #1153691 - 12/19/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I heard a good deffinition of compassion from a bhuddist nun that went something like this-

"A wish for the end of suffering of another."

I've found it handy.....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Anonymous

#1153834 - 12/19/02 04:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery and SPS Isabelle! :smile:

I do not think about suffering when I use mushrooms.

Cheers,

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1155424 - 12/19/02 01:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It does no good to agonize about pain and suffering. It may be a manifestation of one's masochistic tendencies, or the result of guilt for feeling so right-with-the-cosmos when so many sentient beings are suffering. Whatever the cause, your 'flight-time' is best spent by learning to dwell in the moment - in the Eternal Now - as this is what will transform your personality into one that is optimal for helping others to transcend the suffering that they are stuck in. Suffering belongs to space-time - to mundane existence. Pleasure and pain can both be transcended with the help of mushrooms.

Welcome to the forum  :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: thinking about human suffering (whileshroomin) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1156627 - 12/19/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

It may be a manifestation of one's masochistic tendencies, or the result of guilt for feeling so right-with-the-cosmos when so many sentient beings are suffering.

Markos, could you elaborate your thoughts about this sentence and your meaning about the suffering of christ in the cross ?
A feeling of guilt or a masochist tendency ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (12/19/02 11:18 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1156636 - 12/19/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I can't help but think about this while on mushrooms, because I'm laying there throwing this awesome massive ceremony in my brain, really loving every second of it, but in the back of my mind I think about how many people are stressed right now, or even struggling for their lives or food and shelter, and things like that...

Hmm I guess thats what happens when the ego gets shoved out of the way for a while :smile: heh that makes plenty of sense! Even if you haven't lost your ego on the trip, you understand that on your end "everything's perfect" so your mind starts looking for puzzles/dangers/problems elsewhere - puzzles/dangers/problems occuring outside of your own mind. Hmm wow I'm gunna finish this post and think about that a bit longer :smile: nice of you to bring this up as I've thought about this many times

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/19/02 10:41 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: thinking about human suffering (whileshroomin) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1156644 - 12/19/02 10:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Wow I just realized (I'm sure I'm not the first one lol) how good ego-loss at any level is for humanity :smile:

There seem to be two parts of a trip - there's the first peak, where you're "totally 'there,' and totally 'now.'" This can be highly euphoric and the most amount of fun you've ever had while simply sitting or laying on a couch (or wherever you like to do it). Then the first peak falls, and the 2nd portion of the trip starts. Instead of sitting there thinking about how gratifying "the here and now" can be, when some or most of the ego is knocked over for a while, you can focus on a very very BIG "Big Picture" that relates to trying to figure out how its possible that things are so different from how we'd like them to be - it always grabs me how perfect things COULD be, how many directions mankind could have gone, and how we just happened to pick whichever twisted direction we're travelling in now.

well I'm basically just ranting now.. I'd better head to sleep :smile: g'night

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/19/02 10:55 PM)

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1156654 - 12/19/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yep, and it was relly bad on two occasions

1st: watching a movie in skewl about people who cant pay for medical care and crap, and how life sucks for them (John Q)

2nd: walking thru the ghetto part of my town (Miami), altho its not too bad, i kinda put my mind as those who were having shit living. people there want to make life nice, ya know? but shit just keeps fucking up. then i thought why dont they just leave the neighborhood, and i realized the concept of home. i never before felt an attachement to where i lived, nor do i now, but i see how it works :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Invisiblei am e goldstein
Your Friend

Loc: 4 Blocks from Ground Zero
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1156717 - 12/20/02 12:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
3DSHROOMS is either clueless or the worlds biggest SCUMBAG
I lie and exagerate constantly... God Bless America!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1156946 - 12/20/02 03:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I do not believe that the correct time to think about subjects such as suffering is when on shrooms! Why bring a bad trip onto yourself.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1156999 - 12/20/02 03:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Suffering, like all episodes in life, is transitory. It either stops and you go on living, or you die and it stops. There are lessons to be learned and these can outlive the suffering that teaches them. If one keeps experiencing sufferings from the past, one has not yet learned the lessons that can be gleaned from them. It is important to move on.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: thinking about human suffering (whileshroomin) [Re: i am e goldstein]
    #1159395 - 12/21/02 02:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

it can get painful to know things, especially when you cant help...
but one day, you will be able, and if you do help, you'll feel sooooo good n nice n cozy n fulla love inside! :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order