Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
All these god posts reminded me of something...
    #1153276 - 12/19/02 12:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The other day I was walking downtown with my mom while she was on her lunch break... We were on our way to Winners and there was this lady on the corner preaching the bible. She wasn't just preaching, she was downright YELLING the bible to all those who passed by. I found this quite amusing that some people are so intense about their religious beliefs that they would openly embarrass themselves to the rest of the community with knowledge that they were (most likely) conditioned with throughout the course of their lives. She was talking (yelling) about how if you sin you will go to hell and yadda yadda yadda... oh man.. I wish you could literally 'knock the sense' into someone, as I had this massive urge to hit her with a bus. I've been in one of those moods lately.. I'm fed up with all these god arguments you see on a daily basis. ARGH! FUCK RELIGON!

Yet another example of the fucked up catholic system....

No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The greatEnitsuj

Loc: Ontario
Re: All these god posts reminded me of something... [Re: nubious]
    #1153548 - 12/19/02 04:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i don't have anything agnst religion. people can believe in what they want.
but the ones who take it a little too far....yeah i could smack them with a large object.

What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology