Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #11531396 - 11/26/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jonathanseagull said:
Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
he sounds pretty eloquent to me considering the subject matter. say he's not what he says he is, how to you explain the wealth of his wisdom?

This is what interests me the most.  He seems to have perspectives on most topics that I've never come across, yet I've been into these topics for most of my life.

Because he makes it up as he goes along....Imagine it.  You're him.  Someone asks you a question that you don't know about.  Start to blather on and hit the nail on the head when your brain works something out (in the back of it) while you're talking about other innane aspects of the question presented.

I just wanted to post again because of my previous post getting a little bit of heat.

I don't want to spend my time listening to this fellow again right now, so I can't give a specific example of what I would consider b.s. from him.  But, I'm not convinced about him.

fin.

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: jivJaN]
    #11531401 - 11/26/09 10:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Your post made me :laugh:

Well, I thought hard to ask you a question...

But none came to mind...

Asking them in my head makes me understand I have all the answers...

You just need to ask.

Your right after all!

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11531407 - 11/26/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

With that being said, It's still nice stuff to hear, no?

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: Kickle]
    #11531429 - 11/26/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I feel you man. If you don't feel it, don't feel it, you know :grin:

It's hard to articulate my response within the mere constrains of human language. For me, Bashar teacher's individual freedom... from dogma and everything else. He teaches we are the creator, and that is the utmost freedom.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#11531634 - 11/26/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Being free doesn't exist until you create it.
And how do you create freedom? You create chains to be removed.

If you remove the chains and are free, just how long does that last before you once more feel trapped? This time by the state of perpetual freedom... Stagnation is stifling.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: Kickle]
    #11531651 - 11/26/09 11:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Yeah, I like the message, but who knows what it's really worth :shrug:
What pleases the mind should be second guessed, is my take on things...

Mostly because I don't like to settle. I don't like to buy into any one story for too long, lest it become more of a rule than simply a story. I like dynamic creation... not only do I like to hear stories, I like to create them. That's why I'm always flipping back and forth between a creator role for myself and a complete subordinate role, with the occasional blending (i.e. creating a subordinate role for yourself because being the creator is too lonely).

Any way I look at it, I can't stay fixed on any one message or ideology for long. Dogmatic views are not for me... I don't have a swami. Criticism is just a tool for maintaining this... if you can find things that don't fit for you, how can you devote yourself?

what about when something fits for you. to me it sounds as if you have a slight intolerance for faith or belief.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #11531656 - 11/26/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When something fits, it fits. It's liable to change though, just as I change.
Like a kid growing up, the shoes only fit for so long.

p.s. I love faith and belief, one of the absolute greatest aspects of life around! That's why I enjoy switching from one to the next to the next, soaking up what it has to offer. Each one enriches the world in distinct and unique ways. There is no one size fits all...

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlinewalkingeyeball
Dreamer
Female

Loc: SLC, UT
    #11533991 - 11/26/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, I've never seen these before! They are brilliant. The wisdom that is told brings tears to my eyes...I can't even believe how amazing this reality is. It gets more intense every single day. What a beautiful time to be alive :smile: Im so happy I am here with all of you

--------------------
"We come from the stars
We have no ships
We travel from mind to mind
As you open your heart
We enter your body
As you open your heart
We enter your imagination
As you open your heart
We enter your dreams "

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: walkingeyeball]
    #11534196 - 11/26/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

walkingeyeball said:
Wow, I've never seen these before! They are brilliant. The wisdom that is told brings tears to my eyes...I can't even believe how amazing this reality is. It gets more intense every single day. What a beautiful time to be alive :smile: Im so happy I am here with all of you

That's the feeling! I'm happy your with us too!

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11535531 - 11/27/09 01:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
he sounds pretty eloquent to me considering the subject matter. say he's not what he says he is, how to you explain the wealth of his wisdom?

Honestly, anyone with the basic knowledge of physics, the paranormal, and human biology, with a dash of creativity, could conjure up such a story.

His story of the Greys being hyper-evolved humans from a parallel universe isn't awe-inspiring, nor is particularly farfetched.

My point is that everything he says could easily be conjured by a mere human. He is not convincing, to say the least. And his eloquence is that of a 2nd year English major in college. :shrug:

I will stand by the notion that I am very unimpressed. But, I will admit that his stories are very creative and highly insightful, especially for one who seeks answers, but they should probably be taken with a grain of salt and a smidgen of pepper.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11535930 - 11/27/09 05:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

Olympus Mons said:

Honestly, anyone with the basic knowledge of physics, the paranormal, and human biology, with a dash of creativity, could conjure up such a story.

His story of the Greys being hyper-evolved humans from a parallel universe isn't awe-inspiring, nor is particularly farfetched.

My point is that everything he says could easily be conjured by a mere human. He is not convincing, to say the least. And his eloquence is that of a 2nd year English major in college. :shrug:

I will stand by the notion that I am very unimpressed. But, I will admit that his stories are very creative and highly insightful, especially for one who seeks answers, but they should probably be taken with a grain of salt and a smidgen of pepper.

i never said i believed him for a second, but what's the harm in what he's doing? it's easy to pass judgement, until youre in his position, could you do what you claim is so unimpressive?

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11537420 - 11/27/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

Olympus Mons said:

i never said i believed him for a second, but what's the harm in what he's doing? it's easy to pass judgement, until youre in his position, could you do what you claim is so unimpressive?

Yes. Honestly, I could. I could easily fabricate an intricate story like that. It's not that difficult to create realistic concepts that aren't empirical. And because you can't prove otherwise, keen 'details' could simply be very well thought-out lies.

--------------------
大开眼界

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11538111 - 11/27/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

fine then, if you can do it too, writes some books and a hold seminars where you can share your bounty of knowledge with all of us. it's really a crime that i havnt already had the pleasure of talking to you yet. you never answered me, what's the harm in what he's doing. if he's not giving bad advice and everyone is pleased with the information they receive, how is that bad? you cant really fake knowing information. either you know it, or you dont.

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11538467 - 11/27/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
fine then, if you can do it too, writes some books and a hold seminars where you can share your bounty of knowledge with all of us. it's really a crime that i havnt already had the pleasure of talking to you yet. you never answered me, what's the harm in what he's doing. if he's not giving bad advice and everyone is pleased with the information they receive, how is that bad? you cant really fake knowing information. either you know it, or you dont.

Quote:

you never answered me, what's the harm in what he's doing.

I answered you before you even asked the question. :lol:
Quote:

if he's not giving bad advice and everyone is pleased with the information they receive, how is that bad?

It isn't bad. If you read the last sentence of my first post, you'd realize how I feel about it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I guess you lack the ability to retain information that you read... :facepalm:

And you can fake knowing information, especially information that can't be proven :rofldrunk:; either you know it, or you act like you know it.

I'm not going to write books and hold seminars. Why? That'd be lying to the masses; something I'm not exactly very fond of. Bashar could very well have the incentive of just trying to make money. I can understand that, especially in this day and age. Now, I'm not saying he's not real, or that he's just a scammer. All I'm saying is to just be wary of information like that; continuously ask questions. Don't just end here and think that Bashar's answers to the our reality is it; the complete answer.

--------------------
大开眼界

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#11538980 - 11/27/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In one of Darryl/Bashar's videos he says, like the Buddha supposedly did, that you should not believe anything he says just because he says it.  Including the assumption that he is actually channeling an alien consciousness...

I think meatcakeman has the right attitude.  If his advice jives with your point of view, go ahead and use it.  Why does it matter if it's coming from a human or not?

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: Bashar - ET DNA/Phoenix Lights [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #11539300 - 11/27/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Oweyervishice said:
In one of Darryl/Bashar's videos he says, like the Buddha supposedly did, that you should not believe anything he says just because he says it.  Including the assumption that he is actually channeling an alien consciousness...

I think meatcakeman has the right attitude.  If his advice jives with your point of view, go ahead and use it.  Why does it matter if it's coming from a human or not?

Yea, Darryl says if you'd prefer to think it's coming from his subconscious, then by all means think of it in that context. Obviously a lot of people are going to be confused/turned off by the idea that it is an actual extraterrestrial consciousness which is being spoken through a human - yet people are going to need to start opening up their minds to stay with the changing times.

Olympus: I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to argue our cause. People are either receptive to these ideas or they will push them aside. If they positively effect our lives, that's why we have came across them, and we can't do anything about anyone else. :smile:

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11541298 - 11/28/09 06:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

word to that. i just dont understand, he's acting like i live by bashar's every word, when the truth is i take everything with a grain of salt considering i dont know anything in this world to be absolute truth. You see how defensive he got, and how his use of smileys quadrupled in that post? why so serious?

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11545256 - 11/28/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
word to that. i just dont understand, he's acting like i live by bashar's every word, when the truth is i take everything with a grain of salt considering i dont know anything in this world to be absolute truth. You see how defensive he got, and how his use of smileys quadrupled in that post? why so serious?

Actually, I wasn't serious at all. Thus, I used the graemlin: :rofldrunk:. It was you who was being initially serious, so I reflected upon that with my own sense of seriousness; which happened to not even be that serious anyways. :shrug:

I was just confused as to why someone would throw their whole life away, in terms of ethics, beliefs, and morality, to Bashar. Progressively, I learned that there are a wide spectrum of 'believers,' so to speak, including those who completely believe and those who skeptically believe.

Look, I'm not really trying to turn this into an argument, but I do feel like your questioning of me and my stance of Bashar was excessive. I was simply stating an opinion; something you cannot deny since it is part of my reality. You didn't exactly have to question my ideals and opinions of Bashar, did you? It's not like I questioned yours. :sherlock:

--------------------
大开眼界

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #11546116 - 11/28/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
I was just confused as to why someone would throw their whole life away, in terms of ethics, beliefs, and morality, to Bashar.

Lots of people change religions. :shrug:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11547232 - 11/29/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

Olympus Mons said:

Actually, I wasn't serious at all. Thus, I used the graemlin: :rofldrunk:. It was you who was being initially serious, so I reflected upon that with my own sense of seriousness; which happened to not even be that serious anyways. :shrug:

I was just confused as to why someone would throw their whole life away, in terms of ethics, beliefs, and morality, to Bashar. Progressively, I learned that there are a wide spectrum of 'believers,' so to speak, including those who completely believe and those who skeptically believe.

Look, I'm not really trying to turn this into an argument, but I do feel like your questioning of me and my stance of Bashar was excessive. I was simply stating an opinion; something you cannot deny since it is part of my reality. You didn't exactly have to question my ideals and opinions of Bashar, did you? It's not like I questioned yours. :sherlock:

that's my right to question you. you didnt have to answer, no one forced you. you just seemed pretty negative about something that isnt negative. i was just curious, that's how you gain perspective ya know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale