Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

How do scientists obtain Psychedelic (specifically mushrooms) research licenses?
    #11302332 - 10/22/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What is the process a "scientsist" needs to go through to get an "okay" from the gov't to study psychoactives (mushrooms)? You think each substance would be different?
Not necessarily for "curing cancer" or "anti-depression" but ANYTHING...just studying it without "illegally possessing it"

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How do scientists obtain Psychedelic (specifically mushrooms) research licenses? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11302416 - 10/22/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: How do scientists obtain Psychedelic (specifically mushrooms) research licenses? [Re: ABC]
    #11302437 - 10/22/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hmm figured one would have to deal with the DEA and the FDA...two verrrrrrrrrry corrupt organizations...:sad:

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: How do scientists obtain Psychedelic (specifically mushrooms) research licenses? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11302467 - 10/22/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it took rick strassman two years to obtain a license to do stuff with dmt. I believe he was also credible in the scientific community. So it's probably really hard to get through all the stuff to do it.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: How do scientists obtain Psychedelic (specifically mushrooms) research licenses? [Re: smaerd]
    #11304151 - 10/23/09 02:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If you wish to run a legal clinical study with, say, psilocybin, all you need to do in advance is to get a Schedule I research license from the DEA, an investigating new drug (IND) approval from the FDA, a licensed commercial laboratory who will provide you with the drug, and obtain approval of your detailed research protocol from the DEA, the FDA and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the academic location where the study will take place.

When I was applying for my DEA Schedule I license in the 80's it required filling out the forms and having them interview you at your lab.  If I remember correctly even Stephen Peele had a license then.

--------------------

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: How do scientists obtain Psychedelic (specifically mushrooms) research licenses? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11304991 - 10/23/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

so you need a lab? you can't be testing it in a garden/field/kitchen?

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11308380 - 10/23/09 07:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

They probably require records of everything

OfflineCaladan_Shroom
Warlord of High House of Fungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Aren, Malazan Empire
    #11518602 - 11/24/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I suggest anyone interest in this topic read DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman.  This is a complete log of his DEA approved clinical trials with DMT on live human subjects.  Excellent detail on the red-tape in the licensing and approval processes and even better detail on the experiences.  There is also a documentary out, titled same as the book, but I haven't seen it yet.

According to the book, in clinical trials they either synth the chemicals (preferred) or obtain very pure extracts from natural sources.  Almost always, drugs are administered intravenously by injection or drip.

Book:
http://www.amazon.com/DMT-Molecule-Revolutionary-Near-Death-Experiences/dp/0892819278

Documentary:
http://www.thespiritmolecule.com/

Peace

Edited by Caladan_Shroom (11/24/09 12:52 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies