Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
mutant cake.. is this a contam or wtf?? *pics*
    #11485440 - 11/19/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

so I put this cake in my terrarium almost 2 months ago... it smelled like fresh mushrooms and looked perfectly fine, within a few days it looked like this, and hasn't changed a bit since... other than some of the growths turning a orange/brownish color... I haven't found any other pics here on the shroomery that really match what I'm looking at... is this a contam or what?

then there's this one... was put in the terrarium the same time as the above, and nothing has happened with it... except the bottom is lookin a little nasty, everything smells just like fresh mushrooms still, but it looks pretty sick... anything to worry about?

out of all the 5 cakes I put in only one has shown any real growth, I just harvested one tiny little mushroom last night, that's in a 2 month time span :tongue:... conditions are all good... are my cakes fucked or something?

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Edited by LuSiD9 (11/19/09 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline4trouble
Stranger
Re: mutant cake.. is this a contam or wtf?? *pics* [Re: LuSiD9]
    #11489493 - 11/19/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It looks really slimy with some brown stuff, I think it has bacterial infection. How does it smell? Does it smell like any regular mushroom you buy from grocery?

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mutant cake.. is this a contam or wtf?? *pics* [Re: 4trouble]
    #11489809 - 11/19/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

smells just like fresh mushrooms :shrug:

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington Flag
    #11490054 - 11/19/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

First, what's the spp. used?

Second, I've had some strange mutants grow some weird nodule lookin things-not that look exactly like those however- and they usualy prodced some yellow to dark orange myc piss.  It could, however be bacteria.  If it smells fine it's probably not. 

Third, take some cuts from the hunchbacks and place on agar to grow and make an LC and grow again to see what happens.  I've isolated some weird strains which produce 25% upsideown mushrooms to strains which produce baby size cubensis and large lumps which are potent as hell.

--------------------
Staunch supporter of spontaneous generation:cheers:

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mutant cake.. is this a contam or wtf?? *pics* [Re: whitelight7]
    #11490868 - 11/20/09 03:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if your cake was fully colonized before going into your terrarium 2 months ago and still no fruit you have some problems.

are you getting enough FAE
are you overwatering
does the cake receive any light

That block looks like it should produce mushrooms, try removing some of the brown slimuy stuff, give it some FAE, light and the correct amount of humidity and see what happens.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11492888 - 11/20/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

are you getting enough FAE

yes, it's a shotgun terrerium and I fan frequently

Quote:

are you overwatering

possibly, I was under the impression that it would very difficult to over mist cakes, I don't blast them directly, but I do mist quite often

Quote:

does the cake receive any light

plenty... approx 10 hours a day of indirect sunlight

Quote:

whitelight7 said:
First, what's the spp. used?

Second, I've had some strange mutants grow some weird nodule lookin things-not that look exactly like those however- and they usualy prodced some yellow to dark orange myc piss.  It could, however be bacteria.  If it smells fine it's probably not. 

Third, take some cuts from the hunchbacks and place on agar to grow and make an LC and grow again to see what happens.  I've isolated some weird strains which produce 25% upsideown mushrooms to strains which produce baby size cubensis and large lumps which are potent as hell.

what's 'spp.'?

all that other stuff is over my head for the moment, this is my first grow and don't have money/know how to make LC/agar and what not

I just added 2 new cakes about 7 days ago... I'm hoping they'll do better... the'yre growing some nice fluffy white mycellium outside the verm layer now... just checked them today and it looks like I'm getting some knots, my fingers are crossed

here's a picture of them from 2 days ago

--------------------

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

#11507085 - 11/22/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

spp. means species. 
Good luck with the new cakes

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11508351 - 11/23/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

spp. is PESA

the new cakes still aren't doing fuck all really, I've got lots of myc growth but no pins or anything as of yet

I really hope these ones do better.. I just had to throw out another one of my cakes, bottom turned green on me and it was all mushy :mad2:

don't know what the fuck I'm doing wrong, but I have 2 out of 8 cakes left from my original batch, and it's about to drop down to one, as I'm tossing that creepy mutant cake out... all of them came out of the jars good, but somehow got contaminated in the terrarium, I was under the impression that this would be a very unlikely scenario.. 7 out of 8 cakes got fucked somehow, bit of a piss off

room is clean... I'm thinking I'm gonna see if these 2 new cakes do anything, then if they don't, or they getcontams, I'm spraying down the perlite and terrarium with some rubbing alcohol  before I add any other cakes to it... this is ridiculous

--------------------

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

#11509916 - 11/23/09 10:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Spp. is P. cubensis then and strain is PESA (very potent by the way but I've noticed can be tempermental)

I feel for ya, I'm not sure what the problem could be except for maybe some chemical lysol or something was in the cake as it tried to colonize and that could result in weird mutations alsong with a lack in fruiting and that intense matabolite secretions.

On a similar note, make sure you wash the isoOH off the perilite and whatnot so the fumes don't hinder future growth. You don't want drunk cakes:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11512560 - 11/23/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

whitelight7 said:
You don't want drunk cakes

:lol:

yeah, I definitely hope my next attempt goes a bit smoother, I gotta get some more syringes, definitely gonna stick with PESA, I've read it's a bit of a special strain, one of the only type of cubes that are noticeably more potent.

I've also read that they're a bitch to fruit sometimes, not sure if that's true or not, but my experience so far tells me it very well could be

thanks for the advice :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedogg8618
x-con
Male User Gallery

#11514292 - 11/23/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Them r some ugly cakes. I hope u have better luck this time:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures