Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Preparing wild tissue samples for agar
    #11512944 - 11/23/09 05:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've found a nice large patch of Ps. cyanescens in a local park. However, this patch apparently "belongs" to someone, who keeps it well cropped. I've never seen a mature fruit here, only tons of pins and very nice mycelium.

So, earlier today I helped myself to some of the woodchips from the patch. :wink: I want to grow out some of this mycelium on agar. How would I best prepare my woodchips for transfer to agar? Should I soak in peroxide or alcohol? I don't have any antibiotic agar, just the pre-made MEA from Sporeworks.

And how would I best execute the transfer? Should I shave bits off the woodchips? Should I try to split them open and find some "cleaner" mycelium?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Preparing wild tissue samples for agar [Re: freespeech]
    #11513009 - 11/23/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

peroxide dip and i put some water in in but I'm sure it is up to you.
i would do both outside and try to get a cleaner peace after that. then when colonizing the dish i scrape off the top MYC without the agar and transfer that 2-3 time and is usually clean if not i put a clean peace of agar on top of the MYC and it will come up the bottom and out the top clean

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

Re: Preparing wild tissue samples for agar [Re: feelfunny]
    #11513024 - 11/23/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the input. I just realized that I should've grabbed a few pins  :enraged:

Offlinecowfodder
banged your mom.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11513029 - 11/23/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Keep transferring until you get clean myc. A little peroxide probably wouldn't hurt either.

--------------------
"“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.""
—Bill Hicks

:guitarhero:

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Preparing wild tissue samples for agar [Re: freespeech]
    #11513036 - 11/23/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

freespeech said:
Thanks for the input. I just realized that I should've grabbed a few pins  :enraged:

:facepalm: whats sad i didnt even think to ask why you didnt

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

#11513064 - 11/23/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I originally got the woodchips for a different reason - I decided I wanted to do agar after I got home. I actually took a couple large handfuls of woodchips. I originally took them because I'm going to try some experiments with growing them out in different substances.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale