Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
how can i unlock cell phones
    #7733363 - 12/08/07 01:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i think that this could be a good business to get into, unlocking older cell phones and re-selling them. as well as providing an un-locking service for those that allready have phones.

so, how does one go about un-locking cell phones?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7733462 - 12/08/07 02:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I was all set to tell you this was illegal, but check it out- apparently the LOC exempted this activity. I recall there being a court case where the court ruled a company was infringing on a I.P. right when they did this, probably DMCA-related (the source of most I.P. evil).

Sorry if you allready knew this
http://www.copyright.gov/1201/
See: #5

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: johnm214]
    #7733464 - 12/08/07 02:24 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

well, i called up a place in sanfransisco where i bought a phone a while ago, they also unlocked phones there...

so i asked them how they went about doing it, and the guy wouldnt tell me, said it was a secret!!

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleBully
CheapShot-SinisterStrike
 User Gallery
Loc: Pennsyltucky, USA
    #7733514 - 12/08/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

the subsidy unlock code is generated from the IMEI.  there are small proggies out there that can generate an unlock code for nokia. Moto is another story. Most of them have to have a data cable to disable the lock. depending on how many motos you plan to unlock, purchasing all the different the cords could be $$$.  Most folks just call there carrier and request the unlock code :shrug:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: Bully]
    #7733528 - 12/08/07 02:41 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

im thinking of this as a business, so i would like to see what these software programs would cost. buying hardware wouldnt be that bad. it looks like most of the modules that i would need are around $300.....

does anyone know where i can get more information on this?

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Over there
    #7734012 - 12/08/07 04:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
i think that this could be a good business to get into, unlocking older cell phones and re-selling them. as well as providing an un-locking service for those that allready have phones.

so, how does one go about un-locking cell phones?

Your best bet is to go over to Howard Forums
They deal with cell phones exclusively.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7734115 - 12/08/07 05:19 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

sweet, lots of good info over there

heres how to unlock a samsung a437

Quote:

Samsung unlock info from FW thread on the A437 deal. Nice thing about this one is that it's quad-band and easily unlocked.

First with different carrier SIM in phone at WRONG CARD screen ENTER on the keypad
*2767*3855# (wait 10-15 seconds) phone will reboot(restart)
When phone completes reboot ENTER
*7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
NEXT ENTER
#7465625*638*00000000#
AND THEN *#7465625# to check the locks....all locks are inactive...these are all the locks...
network lock - inactive
subset lock - inactive
sp lock - inactive
cp lock - inactive
sim lock - inactive
activa lock - inactive
phone lock - inactive
auto network - inactive
auto subset lock - inactive
auto sp lock - inactive
auto cp lock - inactive

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7736564 - 12/09/07 01:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I used a program on my old Nokia.

The nokia said it was unlocked but when I put the new sim in it didn't work.

So I put the old one in and it had stopped working altogether. I tried other codes but that code just f'ed it in the a .

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: Ego Death]
    #7739151 - 12/10/07 03:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

does anyone else have any information on this?

there seem to be several different ways to do this, but very few people actually seem to have the know how....

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#7739312 - 12/10/07 05:51 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Try googling specific models.

The type of people that actually want to unlock a phone are usually smart enough to do so. Also, many manufacturers make the same model(s) on different networks so unlocking really isn't worth it.

Some manufacturer's are even finding out ways to make unlocking impossible. Whats the one phone people really want to unlock....the iphone. Apple is figuring out ways to get around this so people can't do it. I don't think it's a big market IMO, but thats just me.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineWronguy

Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: badchad]
    #7744171 - 12/11/07 08:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I can tell you that unless the phone you're unlocking has GPS capabilities(location I believe it's called), Homeland Security forbids cell phone providers from activating it. This information came from several providers who refused to activate several phones based on this premise.

Homeland Security has done it again. :rolleyes:

Offlineanurdh
Stranger
    #11508995 - 11/23/09 04:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you want to unlock a mobile you have to specify the mobile model, network and the country. Then purchase the code from [SPAM] and get the instructions from the same site and unlock easily.

Edited by Annom (11/23/09 12:02 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: anurdh]
    #11510271 - 11/23/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good job bumping a 2 yr old thread.

You're awesome.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: how can i unlock cell phones [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11510485 - 11/23/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

mmm spammers  :machinegun:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom