Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

shroomerites that cut down dramaticaly on cannabis
    #11507337 - 11/22/09 11:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i imagine there has got to be some people on te shroomery that quit smoking wed after a long relationship with mary janeor mayb just cut down dramatically for occasions. if u have done this itd be cool to hear your stories and what you think has changed since u changed your habits? this thread isnt meant to imply anything neagtive about weed , just to see how changing usage mayb helped some people make big life styl changesor maybe some ppl on here hadmotivgation or anxoety issues. id have to say my ego is probably on a much higher level when im competely sober and to me it seems like that good be good for success on some level even as a musician, maybe ego isnt thwe rite word bt mmore of a nice clear mindness. post away :potleaf:

Edited by skatealex2 (11/22/09 11:22 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: skatealex2]
    #11507360 - 11/22/09 11:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I quit cause all the people I knew where douche bags. IDK if thats good enought reason but once they find out I just bought weed I get like 11 calls from moochers asking "Hey bro you wanna go smoke." Instantly I got friends. Thats not the only reason but one of them. Oh ya and one day I hooked up a friend of mine(thought was a good friend) I was high at the time he said he'd pay me back, then he avoided me and I never got my money. Trusting stoners(people).. dont, lesson learned.

--------------------

Edited by Enthrall (11/22/09 11:25 PM)

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: Enthrall]
    #11507373 - 11/22/09 11:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hm, I still smoke daily, but have cut down by at least 1/2-3/4. I was spending too much money and was feeling way too burnt out. I felt like people were starting to see me as "the guy who smokes weed and has a vape" and not "Jason". Its much more enjoyable and its more special to me.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

OfflineAereolaBorialis
C-Min & Cider
 User Gallery

Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: skatealex2]
    #11507374 - 11/22/09 11:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've been completely sober for around 4 1/2 months and it's given me time to come to major realizations that I don't think I could've/would've come to had I not had a completely clear mind. It's given me the ability to focus all my energy into what I'd like to do with my life. Over all I'd say it's been a neat experience, however I will most likely be delving back into the world of drugs soon. Probably deeper than I have in the past.

--------------------
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Haikus are easy,
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: Enthrall]
    #11507382 - 11/22/09 11:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've more or less quit because it got old. My connect said she wanted to have me killed and I got tired of dealing with shady people and all the bull shit. I started smoking when I was 18 or 19. I'm about to be 23 in a few months.

I've smoked twice in the last month. One was with a few of my friends during the meteor shower. The other occasion was a new group of friends I've met - weed became the ice breaker and a social bonding tool, which is why I first started smoking in the first place.

Everyone else that I used to smoke with around me, though, acts like junkies. I don't smoke with them any more. :shrug:

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: shroomerites that cut down dramaticaly on cannabis [Re: skatealex2]
    #11507395 - 11/22/09 11:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i quit smoking for a year and 4 months after 10 years of daily use (about 1/4oz a day). i always had said i would never quit smoking, but i had started getting even worse anxiety issues when i smoked and extreme dysphoria. basically i was getting all of the bad and none of the good, so i quit. it felt great being sober, things seemed a lot clearer and less muddled than when i was high and my mood improved greatly.

i have since started smoking again, but not nearly as much, and not every day. it's still 50/50 on whether or not it will make me feel good for feel bad though, so i try to keep my smoking to a minimum and that seems to help as far as how often i have a bad experience from it goes.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11507397 - 11/22/09 11:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

My short term memory is much improved.  Used to be that I'd have trouble talking about convoluted ideas because my train of thought would just trail away into nothingness.  Of course that still happens, but now I can get more mileage out of the idea before I lose it.

Overall, I'm much happier being an occasional toker rather than a habitual user.

I also have more money to spend on other things.

Just the other day I bought a fat sack and smoked my first bowl in 4 or 5 months.  The after effects weren't nearly as noticeable.  It was very nice to be high though.  My tolerance is way down so a single bowl of mids in a glass bat puts me where I want to be.

--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11507398 - 11/22/09 11:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I take breaks every once and a while to get back on track in school, or to cleanse my body on a health binge.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11507399 - 11/22/09 11:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I moved away from all my stoner friends so I could focus on getting a better job and going back to school just recently. Being around them all the time made it very hard to quit when I knew that I should.

Mainly I stopped for money reason, but it's nice to have a clear(er) head now too. I was probably spending about 150-200 dollars a week on weed if not more.

This all happened in the past month, and all I can say is that it sucked for the first week or so, but now I'm really glad I made that decision. I have a way better job, and will be going back to school in January.

I will still probably smoke weed again eventually, but never as much as I used to. I was probably smoking a dime to an eighth(really good weed) a day for years before I stopped.

Offlinethirdeyeparable
Space Child
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: Solemente]
    #11507464 - 11/22/09 11:42 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've really cut down on smoking for a very different reason than most listed here.  I've recently started dating a great woman, but I didn't cut down because she doesn't like weed - she doesn't mind that I smoke at all.  I find that when I have an active sex life, my weed intake goes WAAAY down, especially when it's good. :wink:  I guess I just trade one form of stress relief for another, and if I had to choose, I'd rather have sex than MJ to be quite honest.

--------------------
:jammingout: :jammingout:

“A good groove releases adrenaline in your body. You feel uplifted, you feel centered, you feel calm, you feel powerful. You feel that energy. That's what good drumming is all about.”  - Mickey Hart

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: thirdeyeparable]
    #11507468 - 11/22/09 11:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I will never quit, I take breaks once in a while though.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #11507481 - 11/22/09 11:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I used to smoke everyday, multiple times a day. For me, it's turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. It was really difficult to quit at first and I greatly missed mary jane. After a while I finally readjusted to the sober state of mind. I enjoy having my intelligence back. :shrug:

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: Solemente]
    #11507482 - 11/22/09 11:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Its so hard to quit or slow down when all your friends and roommates blaze everyday and are always picking up new shit and down to smoke you out. But I am trying to slow down. Im taking a week break now cuz im leaving the state for the holidays and when i come back I wanna blaze 1-2 times per week. When im high alot of the time its filled with dysphoria and anxiety in me  and I dont have the near the same level of optimism I have in my sober state.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: weshroom]
    #11507505 - 11/22/09 11:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

it's really not that hard. all my friends smoke and would smoke around me when i was taking a break, i had no problem with not smoking. the only thing i did miss was the social aspect of sharing a bowl or two with friends.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #11507649 - 11/23/09 12:12 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The key is balance.  Smoking on the weekends and maybe one weekday is ideal.  I usually end up smoking more than this, but I feel like my level of productiveness is best when I only smoke a moderate amount.  Smoking every day makes me get too burnt, which would be fine if I didn't have to worry about so much school stuff.  I smoked every day at the beginning of the semester, but since I'm running low on money and the work load is heavier, I'm sticking to weekends mostly.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: shroomeriess any shroomerites that quit weed (or ct down dramatcly) [Re: stereolab]
    #11507739 - 11/23/09 12:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i cut down for solely lack of money n tolerance.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11507769 - 11/23/09 12:30 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
i imagine there has got to be some people on te shroomery that quit smoking wed after a long relationship with mary janeor mayb just cut down dramatically for occasions. if u have done this itd be cool to hear your stories and what you think has changed since u changed your habits? this thread isnt meant to imply anything neagtive about weed , just to see how changing usage mayb helped some people make big life styl changesor maybe some ppl on here hadmotivgation or anxoety issues. id have to say my ego is probably on a much higher level when im competely sober and to me it seems like that good be good for success on some level even as a musician, maybe ego isnt thwe rite word bt mmore of a nice clear mindness. post away :potleaf:

I smoke on and off for a few months out of each year. I pick up an 8th, split it with my girl and make it last for a few months.

I decided to quit a week ago because it was slowing me down, killing my motivation. It came to a point where I'd toke, play videogames, and procrastinate on my schoolwork. I can't have that shit. It was either my future or the weed, and I chose my future.

I plan on smoking again by next summer, assuming I don't get an internship(who knows the job market). If I do get an internship, it may be as long as a few years without herb.

I'm too ambitious to be smoking that stuff, I understand some people on here can use it to enhance their performance, but for me it's just an ambition killer.

--------------------

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: shroomerites that cut down dramaticaly on cannabis [Re: Neuron]
    #11507808 - 11/23/09 12:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i quit because it started giving me bona fide panic attacks.

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
Re: shroomerites that cut down dramaticaly on cannabis [Re: Neuron]
    #11507815 - 11/23/09 12:40 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

I smoke on and off for a few months out of each year. I pick up an 8th, split it with my girl and make it last for a few months.

I decided to quit a week ago because it was slowing me down, killing my motivation. It came to a point where I'd toke, play videogames, and procrastinate on my schoolwork. I can't have that shit. It was either my future or the weed, and I chose my future.

I plan on smoking again by next summer, assuming I don't get an internship(who knows the job market). If I do get an internship, it may be as long as a few years without herb.

I'm too ambitious to be smoking that stuff, I understand some people on here can use it to enhance their performance, but for me it's just an ambition killer.

It can totally enhance performance.
Sometimes, I write essays when I smoke (only sativa or sativa-dominant) and none of them ever got a score below a 90; the one I got a 90 on was turned in late so 10 points were automatically taken off anyways. But, usually, excessive amounts of toking leads to procrastination. I can personally vouch for that. So, I can see both sides of the argument. One just needs to properly utilize cannabis for his/her own benefits. Then, it won't really cause problems academically.

I've also noticed that the things I read are far more retained when I'm high than when I'm sober. It's strange because cannabis usually correlates to forgetfulness, validated by studies of anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid. But, in reality, it just allows the user to regulate their memory input. So, when I'm high, I might not remember what I was listening to on iTunes, but I'll strategically remember what I was reading; unless I'm fucking baked beyond reason aka I shouldn't have been studying anyways.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: shroomerites that cut down dramaticaly on cannabis [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11507939 - 11/23/09 12:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

It can totally enhance performance.
Sometimes, I write essays when I smoke (only sativa or sativa-dominant) and none of them ever got a score below a 90; the one I got a 90 on was turned in late so 10 points were automatically taken off anyways. But, usually, excessive amounts of toking leads to procrastination. I can personally vouch for that. So, I can see both sides of the argument. One just needs to properly utilize cannabis for his/her own benefits. Then, it won't really cause problems academically.

I've also noticed that the things I read are far more retained when I'm high than when I'm sober. It's strange because cannabis usually correlates to forgetfulness, validated by studies of anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid. But, in reality, it just allows the user to regulate their memory input. So, when I'm high, I might not remember what I was listening to on iTunes, but I'll strategically remember what I was reading; unless I'm fucking baked beyond reason aka I shouldn't have been studying anyways.

No. Not for me anyways. When I said smoking would cause me to postpone my schoolwork and play videogames-I'm talking about one or two hits.

I've got a low tolerance, and any bit of weed slows me down. The only drugs that enhance my performance are speed-based, such as adderall or dexedrine.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub