Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinebenitoamanito
rad

Re: Need ideas - vegetarian potluck [Re: benitoamanito]
    #11598833 - 12/06/09 09:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

AND FOR VEGANS:

instead of using soya milk, use HEMP MILK! its bomb, tastes good (vanilla especially) and doesnt cause the side effects of soy, and its about the same price if you can find it in your area...

there is also almond milk (some brands TOTALY SUCK though imho) and hazelnut milk(chocolate hazelnut milk is sooo good)

bomb stuff..

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebenitoamanito
rad

Re: Need ideas - vegetarian potluck [Re: BothHands]
    #11598901 - 12/06/09 10:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, several studies have found no effects on testosterone despite ingestion of isoflavones at levels that were 20- to 30-times higher than the typical Japanese intake. 40 41

notice that it says "isoflavones" specifically, it does NOT say soy bean in whole..

which means anything, they could have just isolated the "isoflavones" and used that in their "test".. labs will do anything to make it sound like their tests are accurate.. they use broad terms so it sounds like its true information..

the second quote is probably true too, but im sure that a lot of "soy products" and or soybeans from the stores are uncooked before even being processed.. so If you grew your own soybeans, Im sure they would be FINE if treated as a normal legume (I doubt people eat ANY kind of their beans raW) soybeans and edame come in pods, so IM SURE a lot of companies skip cooking it, and just throw it in mass processors to make additives / tofu.. and or just slightly "cook" it (heat it lol)

the only reason "fermented soy" isnt as "harmful" is probably beacuse it is only decomposing in your system A LOT FASTER than "unfermented soy" (again probably uncooked)

so you just got to read between the line somtimes, these places lie so much its rediculous, oh but its "not lying" because  the read (you) didnt read it correctly.
:smile:

amazing.
oh and sorry for triple post..

Edited by benitoamanito (12/06/09 10:07 PM)

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Need ideas - vegetarian potluck [Re: benitoamanito]
    #11598987 - 12/06/09 10:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Phytoestrogens are isoflavones.  Not all isoflavones are estrogenic, but some are.

Hair loss in males is caused by dihydrotestosterone.  If the isoflavones do in fact cause a decrease in testosterone, they would actually prevent hair loss.

Personally, I don't know a single unhealthy vegan.  I eat tons of soy, and my last full blood test came back completely normal.

There are studies showing that soy has no negative effects, and many many positive effects.  There are also studies that show soy is bad for men.  The studies are all completely biased though.

As daytripper recently said:
Quote:

Its absurd that we have to consider scientific studies first as economic/political phenomena, and only subsequently as possibly bearing information relevant to individual health.

Unfortunately its true.  The jury is still out.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: Need ideas - vegetarian potluck [Re: BothHands]
    #11605676 - 12/07/09 08:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

weird though... ever since I became vegetarian my hair has become very thin and its receding pretty bad :blush:

I also read that iron deficiency can cause hair loss and many vegan/vegetarians have low iron. My GF just told me the other day that green tea is suppose to prevent hair loss and ginsing helps circulate blood in your head helping you hair grow..

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineHotMess
Stranger
Re: Need ideas - vegetarian potluck [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #11608973 - 12/08/09 08:14 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Caramelized onion burritos are easy if you know how to caramelize onions:
Layer it this way:
soft flour tortilla
some cheese
some beans
some caramelized onions
some spanish rice

I'd probably use canned refried beans or sauttee some canned black beans in olive oil with garlic.  For the spanish rice cook a little onion in the pan and some garlic, then add the rice and sauttee for a moment, now cook the rice as you normally would, but add tomato paste and chicken stock instead of water.

These are really delicious, vegetarian but not vegan.  You could omit the cheese but it wouldn't be as good.  I like a good melting cheese like muenster but if you can find that mexican white cheese that turns into shreds, that's the perfect thing for it.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Hemp

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing