Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Spiritual Ignorance
    #11500152 - 11/21/09 07:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

http://talasan.blogspot.com/2009/11/ignorance.html

define: ignorance
The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. Lacking knowledge or information

This is an almost complete definition of ignorance; however in its current state it's just definition stupidity. Ignorance is something much, much more. It's actually a big problem amongst the college graduates and scientists. They consider themselves more intelligence above the rest; which in a lot of cases, this is true. But there is still more to learn that is not about logic, reason or science.

Ignorance is not accepting yourself, not believing in yourself, it is doubt and it is disbelief in spirituality. Spirituality is all about making people happier with their lives, not worshiping a God. It is not worshiping anybody but yourself. Yet a lot of people claim they cannot believe in spirituality, so what's the problem? Why are people like this? Why won't people just love themselves? Why do they need other people to love them? Why do they need materials to prove their worth? Why do they need any truth but their own? I call this ignorance.

What kind of person doesn't believe in themselves? What kind of person doesn't love themselves? A delusional masterpiece of human production. Saying what they say is the equivalent to saying "oh I am just not that special compared to X, Y and Z or without A, B, or C I am nothing". This makes no sense to those who are free from the boundaries we once set on ourselves.

You, the reader, are God. You are your own God and you are everything. You know everything, you feel everything and everybody else in your life is just there to either confuse you or help you. If you are waiting for materials or scientific fact to prove your worth, or if you use anything but your own beliefs/feelings in a situation, then you are not giving yourself enough credit. You must dig much deeper into yourself to find the real answers. You do not need anybody or anything, just yourself. The materials and the other people around you are there to help, if you let them. If some people give you a negative feel, then why are you wasting your life being with them?

If you just trust yourself, then you will be free. How do I do it? I just do. I just am. I just "be". I do not second guess, I do not doubt. The second I doubt is the second I am wrong. Stop being ignorant: love and trust yourself.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: OutThisLife]
    #11500571 - 11/21/09 08:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm I think stupidity usually refers to less intellectual ability.. Someone with 1 70 iq is stupid.  Ignorance means not knowing either because of abstention from learning in various ways whether it be spiritual, academic, psychedelic etc, for whatever reason.  I know what you mean though.  Often times people who are ignorant are ignorant because they strive to be that way consciously through their choices all the while not realizing how ignorant they are becoming...  Its not the same is some 5 year old is ignorant about issue X because they haven't stumbled upon X because they are fucking five as when some trashy plastic bitch doesn't know who the vice president is or believes drug propoganda because she watches news about paris hilton all day.

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Offlinemindbentempire
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11501117 - 11/21/09 10:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

OutThisLife, I have exactly the same viewpoint of life and spirituality as you. You´ve put what I was thinking into words perfectly.

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: mindbentempire]
    #11501300 - 11/21/09 10:53 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/20/10 12:00 AM)

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: oxalic32]
    #11501387 - 11/21/09 11:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

that just describes the scientific method more or less.  It has its place for sure but just because something is untestable with our current understanding does not mean its not true.  It just means you aren't aware of it...

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: mindbentempire]
    #11501773 - 11/22/09 12:30 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If you just trust yourself, then you will be free. How do I do it? I just do. I just am. I just "be". I do not second guess, I do not doubt. The second I doubt is the second I am wrong. Stop being ignorant: love and trust yourself.

i like the points you make, but what is freedom?

and although acceptance is good, i think doubt and skepticism of self is important before acceptance. i think blind acceptance is ignorance because it entails a lack of questioning and reasoning. this lack of change, this stagnancy of concept of self, is ignorance. knowledge and acceptance are acquired through change and rebellion.

but yea, i think i get what you're saying. you're saying be "real", right? we all put on masks to fit in with different people in different situations, and we're all practically reflections of each other. very few people are/rely on their "true" self at all times (if that is even possible).

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: nootropic]
    #11502043 - 11/22/09 01:36 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe it depends on how you define spirituality, but I fail to see your point. I agree with most of what you said, but don't see how it relates to spirituality... or maybe we're thinking of two differant things.

Either way you just set up a straw man and argued a point in circles about nothing. Interesting read nonetheless...

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: Subconscious]
    #11502086 - 11/22/09 01:48 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Very cool post man, I agree, you did a really good job of putting pretty much what i believe into a story of sorts. I believe that everyone has their own personal religion, as you said everyone is their own god. You have the power to be happy and it doesn't take tons of money or nice things. Fill yourself with and radiate love and happiness will be sure to come your way.

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: Revolutionine]
    #11502142 - 11/22/09 02:01 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Dude.. I didn't want to know I was God, thanks for spoiling my life..

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Loc: sun
Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11503194 - 11/22/09 11:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

ignorance is a lack of understanding for other people besides yourself

in the city some people are "uninformed or uneducated" or sometimes both but these people have a heart bigger then most people ive come in contact with

i thought i was god after a acid trip but
we are just 1 person in a game that you get to play once
what you make is real what you inmagine is a dream

--------------------
The stars relly suck tonight
Hate is so usefull i make sandwichs out of it
:sandwich:

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #11503453 - 11/22/09 12:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OutThisLife said:
Ignorance is not accepting yourself, not believing in yourself, it is doubt and it is disbelief in spirituality. Spirituality is all about making people happier with their lives, not worshiping a God.

Okay, you called up a definition for "ignorance," why not try doing the same for "spirituality"?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define%3A+spirituality&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g2

There are many definitions, but none of them are what you claim. This is the first problem with your argument. Spirituality does involve matters of deities, spirits, etc.

Quote:

It is not worshiping anybody but yourself. Yet a lot of people claim they cannot believe in spirituality, so what's the problem? Why are people like this? Why won't people just love themselves? Why do they need other people to love them? Why do they need materials to prove their worth? Why do they need any truth but their own? I call this ignorance.

It's awfully arrogant to assume your (incorrect) definition of spirituality is what everybody else should believe in, and call them "ignorant" for not doing so.

Quote:

You, the reader, are God. You are your own God and you are everything. You know everything, you feel everything and everybody else in your life is just there to either confuse you or help you. If you are waiting for materials or scientific fact to prove your worth, or if you use anything but your own beliefs/feelings in a situation, then you are not giving yourself enough credit.

Or, maybe you're being smart enough to realize that your viewpoint is one of many, and you view everything through the lens of your own perception, and maybe it's good to consider the thoughts of others from time to time. Maybe you're humble enough to admit you don't have all the answers and that there are a lot of unknowns in this Universe, and things we don't have control over.

Quote:

You must dig much deeper into yourself to find the real answers. You do not need anybody or anything, just yourself. The materials and the other people around you are there to help, if you let them. If some people give you a negative feel, then why are you wasting your life being with them?

Instead of encouraging people to stop being ignorant, I think you should encourage yourself to stop being arrogant. Contrary to what you seem to believe you do not have all the answers, and you would do well to consider things from the perspective of others.

Edited by NetDiver (11/22/09 12:47 PM)

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
Re: Spiritual Ignorance [Re: NetDiver]
    #11504024 - 11/22/09 02:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

to me the most ignorance people i know are those who have close there mind/believes too the point that hate or violence is the only recourse they can express out of fear or denial, of the truth!
i don't know much, but i know that when i hear/see it..

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
    #11504053 - 11/22/09 02:42 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

oh ...sorry but isnt the trip report forum?

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
    #11504392 - 11/22/09 03:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OutThisLife said:
http://talasan.blogspot.com/2009/11/ignorance.html

define: ignorance
The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. Lacking knowledge or information

This is an almost complete definition of ignorance; however in its current state it's just definition stupidity. Ignorance is something much, much more. It's actually a big problem amongst the college graduates and scientists. They consider themselves more intelligence above the rest; which in a lot of cases, this is true. But there is still more to learn that is not about logic, reason or science.

Ignorance is not accepting yourself, not believing in yourself, it is doubt and it is disbelief in spirituality. Spirituality is all about making people happier with their lives, not worshiping a God. It is not worshiping anybody but yourself. Yet a lot of people claim they cannot believe in spirituality, so what's the problem? Why are people like this? Why won't people just love themselves? Why do they need other people to love them? Why do they need materials to prove their worth? Why do they need any truth but their own? I call this ignorance.

What kind of person doesn't believe in themselves? What kind of person doesn't love themselves? A delusional masterpiece of human production. Saying what they say is the equivalent to saying "oh I am just not that special compared to X, Y and Z or without A, B, or C I am nothing". This makes no sense to those who are free from the boundaries we once set on ourselves.

You, the reader, are God. You are your own God and you are everything. You know everything, you feel everything and everybody else in your life is just there to either confuse you or help you. If you are waiting for materials or scientific fact to prove your worth, or if you use anything but your own beliefs/feelings in a situation, then you are not giving yourself enough credit. You must dig much deeper into yourself to find the real answers. You do not need anybody or anything, just yourself. The materials and the other people around you are there to help, if you let them. If some people give you a negative feel, then why are you wasting your life being with them?

I'm sorry but the "you are god, we are god" viewpoint is just flawed. I really don't think that ideal should be applied to a legitimate discussion about spirituality IMO, because some people actually hold god to the standard of a creator or ultimate being which should be respected. I agree with a lot of what you said, but it is my opinion that we all choose our path in life (either consciously through our actions/experiences in life and subconsciously - some people get lost and have no one to lead them back... not even themselves). How we react to and perceive situations, and journey through this life makes all the difference. Keep things in perspective, we only get to do this once and what a beautiful gift it is to be such intellectual beings - capable of so much.

Those that can master themselves in all aspects or at least realize this possibility for betterment and growth as an individual are spiritual (which is what I think you meant when you expressed the realization I am god... or in control of my external environment and internal energy/potential). And not only truly control and balance their energy,  mind state, emotions, but also choose to allocate this potential within the positive realm. Spiritual beings are the glass is half full, yes lets sit down and have a discussion, sure I'll help you out buddy type of people - they TEND to be more detached from the negative aspects of the ego state. They are more open minded, with open hearts, eager to live, love, learn, and share.

Ever since I became a more spiritual person, life is much more beautiful and loving to me. I love this way of living, and I find myself in amazement almost on a daily basis with the experiences I'm having. I hope more people understand this way of thinking one day, the world would be a much better place.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Jump to top. Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience