Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
If we believe that we are God...
    #1149464 - 12/17/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The following is a quote from a recent trip report and not untypical of other's feelings:

It started as a whisper in my ear. It started to tell me things using my brain as a conductor. 'It' was myself but at the same time the universe. I later came to realize that it was GOD. I then realized I was GOD- just like everyone else (they just don't know it).

If when tripping, one realizes that one is God, or at least a part of the Godhood, then why does one remain basically as powerless and subject to human foibles after this recognition?

Relationships are still just as muddled as proclaimed by McKenna.

Other than an occasional (questionable) report of telepathy, no Godlike powers are evidenced after this mini-enlightenment.

People are still disrespectful (even on the shroomery) and full of hate and violence, etc.

"A difference that makes no difference is no difference!"

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: Swami]
    #1149498 - 12/17/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The perfect nature of God lies in potential. We all have the potential to become new, better people. This is what makes us "godly", in a way.

God isn't a powerful entity or anything like that, IMHO. God is whoever accomplishes all that can be accomplished, in the limits of the possible...

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1149499 - 12/17/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If when tripping, one realizes that one is God, or at least a part of the Godhood, then why does one remain basically as powerless and subject to human foibles after this recognition?

ahh...to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be human

Other than an occasional (questionable) report of telepathy, no Godlike powers are evidenced after this mini-enlightenment.

Knowledge is power. You can gain the knowledge of exactly who you are, what it is you want to change about yourself, and why you want to change it. By changing yourself you are quite literally changing YOUR world.

People are still disrespectful (even on the shroomery) and full of hate and violence, etc.

Perhaps that is because God contains hate and violence. We are contained by that which we contain.

Relationships are still just as muddled as proclaimed by McKenna.

As you said no one receives telepathic abilities (well a few questionable reports), but certainly no one has gained permanent telepathic ablilities (unless they just aren't letting on, I know I wouldn't)

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1149500 - 12/17/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

We all have a divine nature. I personally view God in the Eastern view of the Atman, the all-that-is. We are all the same oneness and that oneness is divine in nature. If God is infinite, then he/she/it can't be separate from us, because that would place a barrier on God.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1149518 - 12/17/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, but if God can create the universe from basically nothing more than a divine thought, why are we no more able to manipulate matter after this realization than non-realized humans?

If we realize the oneness, why is there still pettiness? If I truly knew that you were me, then how could I possibly hurt you?

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1149548 - 12/17/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If we realize the oneness, why is there still pettiness? If I truly knew that you were me, then how could I possibly hurt you?

Because we (the one) contain these things. We (the one) contain Love, Hate, Selfishness, Selflessness, Violence, Peace, Greed, Generosity, Pettiness, Grandness etc........

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #1149553 - 12/17/02 03:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe because we are still contained in a material form, and only when released from this may we begin to learn how to "manipulate matter".

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1149580 - 12/17/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe because we are not God, there is no God, and the person who wrote that trip report was simply in a state of drug induced hysteria.

Maybe.  :smile:

--------------------
Namaste.

Edited by RebelSteve33 (12/17/02 03:12 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1149622 - 12/17/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the closest description to god I've heard that I agree with (aside from the "god = existence" definition which I find to really erase the need for the word "god") is that all life combined = god

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

#1149659 - 12/17/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's because psychedelics can be a window, but not a door. I'm drunk.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1149689 - 12/17/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Because we are all still inside our physical bodies. God did not really 'create man' in a sense. The balance of the natural workings of the universe created our planet from gas and we came up from a long line of living things before we became human. God is the collective consiousness that is linked to all life throughout the megaverse and all dimensions.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineTheBlackRider
a green walker
Loc: Czech Republic, The Land ...
    #1149735 - 12/17/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

simply because the state isn't sustainable. knowing, or having the experience, is not enough. as dr. mushmaster puts it.

Anonymous

#1150414 - 12/17/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I

nevermind

OfflineLucidDreams
Soul
    #1150458 - 12/18/02 12:14 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, but if God can create the universe from basically nothing more than a divine thought, why are we no more able to manipulate matter after this realization than non-realized humans?

Who said we cant?
You think of walking and you walk, you think of slicing bread and you slice bread.
You think about creating a painting and you create.
We are extended forms of the creator and we each have been given a whole universe into itself to create in, create ourselfs - metaprogramming, and create artisticly.. Create with words and ideas, since sharing these gives us some sort of telepathy, i create a thought and share it, and if my creation was "good enough" (contained the appropiate data for you to descramble) my thought has been very magically transfered into you...
If you look around you most of what we as a western society live in are just ideas put into physical form, the computer, space ships, music, buidlings the list goes on forever..

I'm still dumdfounded of how many people dont see the magic that WE ARE..
Though i'm not really suggesting that you dont Swami.. :wink:

*singing*
Come share this organic fantasy, in the end you'll be someone else

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: LucidDreams]
    #1150549 - 12/18/02 02:03 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still dumbfounded at how many people have severe reading comprehension skills...

You think of walking and you walk, you think of slicing bread and you slice bread.

Fine. Now let's ACTUALLY read my quote once again: "...why are we no more able to manipulate matter after this realization than non-realized humans?"

So, non-realized humans CANNOT walk? People who have never tripped CANNOT slice bread?

Of course they can! Where is the DIFFERENCE?

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1150564 - 12/18/02 02:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So, non-realized humans CANNOT walk? People who have never tripped CANNOT slice bread?

Those people are God, too, they just have not realized it yet.

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: ]
    #1150568 - 12/18/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's because psychedelics can be a window, but not a door.

Five shrooms for that quote. Thanks :laugh:

I'm drunk.

Then I'm wondering how wise you are when you are sober  :wink:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: Nomad]
    #1150589 - 12/18/02 02:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's because psychedelics can be a window, but not a door.

Does this negate Aldous Huxley's take on psychedelics, "The Doors of Perception"?

Would the history of rock n' roll have been different if it was Jim Morrison and "The Windows"?

--------------------

Offlineraja
Stranger

Loc: belgium
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: Nomad]
    #1150603 - 12/18/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i've never tripped and i do realize....You don't have to trip to realize that.....tripping might help you...but it is not necessary....(atleast not for me)

--------------------
You teach best what you most need to learn.

OfflineLucidDreams
Soul
    #1150606 - 12/18/02 02:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hehe, i dont claim there is a difference really...
Well, there might be though..
When most people walk they dont "walk", they _think_...
Most people are in their minds and do the "robot-walking"...not in their _body_...
Catch my drift?
Kinda zen_style you know.. :wink:
I claim that every human on this entire planet has a power in themselfs that is enormous, the tiny difference between the "realized" (i dont think there is such a thing acctually) human and the non-realized is that one is aware and doing with the fullest attention..
Well, then you could claim that to be doing things by the fullest attetion you "wake up", and then you are all of the sudden not bound to ordinary space-time in the same manner you have been before..
You have deconditioned yourself from the lie imposed on us, you have woken up from the dream and becomen aware of that time is just an illusion, there is no such thing as time, just an infinite NOW, and this brings all kinds of beautiful things with it... :smile:
Like you start to notice the synchronic order of time... and that your thoughts manifest themselfs closer and closer to the actual happening of the "event"...
until there is no gap, just a perfect synchronated play with this thing that we live in..
And there you CAN learn to manipulate MATTER..
Just by sending out thoughts you acctually experience the manifestation of them right on...
The magic in the gap so to speak...
Or in the lovely words of Terence Mckenna: "The world is made out of language, and if you know the words that the world is made of you can do with it whatever you wish"
The above phrase has MANY applications and meanings...!!  :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder