Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh, USA
stupid grains
    #11484428 - 11/19/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i inocd 8 jars of grain, just over 1 cc per jar. flame sterilized, used a glove box, its been just over a week and i see no signs of growth. not one at all. i also just inocd one jar of grain with an lc i made to see if its good. its only been like 14 hours and i see no sign of growth, im still waiting, i dont expect it to be that fast, there were strands of myc in the syringe when i sucked it up. anyone else have problems with grain not spawning quick? when i had cambodiain strain, they fully colonized the jars 4 days after inoc. and it was MS

--------------------
My Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetexas_raised
Getting it
Male

Loc: Best city in Texas
Re: stupid grains [Re: oh_you_know]
    #11484462 - 11/19/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It took my jars a little over a week to see mycelium growth. Also depends on the strain. Some are more aggresive than others. Cambos, from what I've read, are really aggresive. Just give it another week.

--------------------

DISCLAIMER:
Anything that has been posted by the user "texas_raised" is all made up and make believe. The user texas_raised is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything that is posted, read, and written on this website.

Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Re: stupid grains [Re: texas_raised]
    #11484489 - 11/19/09 10:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the strain is mazatapec. i know cambos are very aggressive, i need to get some of those again and once i get a good flush ill clone the biggest one. then next batch ill clone the fastest and biggest one and hopefully ill have a real aggressive growing quick and large fruiting lc. i try spreading my knowledge and get other people to grow, with this strain i can make lcs and start speading the love :smile: i have quite a few close friends who are more mature and i guess like a "hippie". modern day hippie. but hopefully things get started soon. i have self explored in so long

--------------------
My Journal

InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
Re: stupid grains [Re: texas_raised]
    #11484509 - 11/19/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you may have another issue at foot. Dare i say you may have a fault in your procedure? Water content may be off or something else (temperature). Who did you order those syringes from?

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Edited by PassiveAgressive (11/19/09 10:21 AM)

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

#11484527 - 11/19/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

oh_you_know said:
i inocd 8 jars of grain, just over 1 cc per jar. flame sterilized, used a glove box, its been just over a week and i see no signs of growth. not one at all. i also just inocd one jar of grain with an lc i made to see if its good. its only been like 14 hours and i see no sign of growth, im still waiting, i dont expect it to be that fast, there were strands of myc in the syringe when i sucked it up. anyone else have problems with grain not spawning quick? when i had cambodiain strain, they fully colonized the jars 4 days after inoc. and it was MS

You shouldn't see mycelium that quickly, could be a bad syringe.

Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Re: stupid grains [Re: Breakfast Crew]
    #11484898 - 11/19/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i got my syringe from sporeworks. temp is good. 72. how do you check? and whats it supposed to be? before i made grain jars and i didnt check anything. i washed a few times, soaked over night, simmered for 20 mins, washed, put in jars and pcd. everything worked fine before. and the 14 hour jar was an lc i sucked up. not a bad syringe. and im hopeing to see some growth by tonight, i mean its live myc. i also inocd a jar with PE hybrid uncut. i used about 3 ccs haha i rolled it around and i dont see any water sitting anywhere so its not too moist. if this jar hopefully effing works im gonna make a grain lc and inoc more lcs. im low on money so i cant keep buying syringes and i have no prints to make my own syringe. i also dont wanna use the other syringes i have, they are not cubes and i dont have enough experience yet obviously if i cant do these simple cubes.

--------------------
My Journal

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
    #11485135 - 11/19/09 12:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you didnt get the LC syringe from spore works wich is the one im sure Breakfast Crew is talking about. you souldnt see myc for at least 24 hours and thats still fast.

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Re: stupid grains [Re: feelfunny]
    #11487036 - 11/19/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

no the lc syringe i made, i have 16 lcs of A+ albino i started. i made a test jar to see if this single lc is contamed of not. i know 24 hours is quick. once im good at lcs im gonna make a cambo lc and isolate a few good traits.

--------------------
My Journal

OfflineAtomHeartMother99
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11487932 - 11/19/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I use spore works allot. I have seen some of the same strain/different syringes take 72hrs-8days. My grain took over a week from MS. Seems to be doing okay now.

Good luck,

AHM99

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11488639 - 11/19/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

oh_you_know said:
i got my syringe from sporeworks. temp is good. 72. how do you check? and whats it supposed to be? before i made grain jars and i didnt check anything. i washed a few times, soaked over night, simmered for 20 mins, washed, put in jars and pcd. everything worked fine before. and the 14 hour jar was an lc i sucked up. not a bad syringe. and im hopeing to see some growth by tonight, i mean its live myc. i also inocd a jar with PE hybrid uncut. i used about 3 ccs haha i rolled it around and i dont see any water sitting anywhere so its not too moist. if this jar hopefully effing works im gonna make a grain lc and inoc more lcs. im low on money so i cant keep buying syringes and i have no prints to make my own syringe. i also dont wanna use the other syringes i have, they are not cubes and i dont have enough experience yet obviously if i cant do these simple cubes.

I believe I see your problem. Chances are that it's your water content, it may be too high. You said you did the soak and simmer. It's probable that the wash after the simmer threw your water content off. The reason for the simmer after the soak is mainly to remove excess water from the exterior of the kernel's by way of rapid evaporation(says' Roger Rabbit). You allowed too much water in unless you waited for the exterior to become dry (place a tablespoon of the grain upon a piece of toilet paper. When you remove the kernels there should be NO WET SPOT ON THE PAPER). If you allowed for excess water you should notice the bottom kernels in the jar appear to be wet or sitting in a pool of excess water.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: stupid grains [Re: PassiveAgressive]
    #11488663 - 11/19/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And cubes are not the easiest mushrooms i guess. The Psilocbe Mexicana and like type mushrooms are apparently the easiest.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Loc: Las Vegas Flag
    #11488670 - 11/19/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It takes about two to three days to see any mycelium even with a thick syringe. Dont worry be patient!

Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

Re: stupid grains [Re: Cloneufc]
    #11488880 - 11/19/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i dont see any water sitting in the jars. and i read that Psilocbe Mexicana are the easyiest nut i dont like the idea of the stones and im not too familar with how to grow them. can i put some Psilocbe Mexicana spores in a turkey bag filled with brf and just inoc and let it grow? and just keep growing in the bag til the stones finish? then put in fruiting cond and hope they fruit? im just being kinda lazy right now, just to be honest haha

--------------------
My Journal

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11489034 - 11/19/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

oh_you_know said:
i dont see any water sitting in the jars. and i read that Psilocbe Mexicana are the easyiest nut i dont like the idea of the stones and im not too familar with how to grow them. can i put some Psilocbe Mexicana spores in a turkey bag filled with brf and just inoc and let it grow? and just keep growing in the bag til the stones finish? then put in fruiting cond and hope they fruit? im just being kinda lazy right now, just to be honest haha

I've read that all one must do is sterilize grain, inoculate with spores and leave sit for a couple months and the stones will do just fine. You never have to open the jar after sterilization until harvest time. I would like to try these next.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

Offlineoh_you_know
lsd <3
Male User Gallery

#11489130 - 11/19/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm... perhaps. ill have to do more research and get some jars. i would suggest ordereing from sporeworks, pick the random 4 syringes option thinger. they are like 9 something each, but in the comments say ur a shroomery member and request one Psilocbe Mexicana syringe. hopefuly they will get you one and some extras maybe.they threw me a free syringe. i got the 4 pack and ordered one cube syringe. so 5 syringes and they surprised me with [psi.cube penis envy uncut hybrid][psi.cube mazatapec][psi.cube A+ albino][psi.mexicana strain A][psi.mexicana jalisco] and [pan cyan hawaii] sporeworks is awesome!

--------------------
My Journal

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale